IGNORED

2 UP 2 ALL.

pillred

41 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

The season ticket seller has already got my money.

Wtf is a season ticket seller anyway? I’ve had a season ticket for each of the last 46 years and have bought each one from the club direct, never from some furtive looking guy standing by the toilets in Greville Smyth park whispering “Psst - wanna buy a season ticket?”  

1 hour ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I think we have to take a few steps back. NP arrived after the big push by SL to get promotion. Spent loads on the wrong players and trusted the wrong manager and CEO. We were facing penalties for FFP. We had too many players on high wages not only playing badly but also wrecking the dressing room.

Wind forward, just about all of the dead wood gone without having to pay out contracts, coaching team improved, style of play improved and hungry local lads entertaining us. Looks like we will lose the crown jewel of AS but that was always inevitable. Looks like we can improve our numbers, get in 3 or 4 good up and coming new players and challenge for play offs next year.

We are well and truly a work in progress but I would give NP and his team 9 out of 10 for steering us to this position. 

Boro have not needed this ground up surgery and so why are we surprised that they are ahead of us on their journey?

Take a look at Reading as an alternative. I am very happy to be where we are compared them them and many other Championship teams. The season ticket seller has already got my money.

Not a view shared with the knee jerkers on here who went off on one when we lost Away to them in October.

33 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Wtf is a season ticket seller anyway? I’ve had a season ticket for each of the last 46 years and have bought each one from the club direct, never from some furtive looking guy standing by the toilets in Greville Smyth park whispering “Psst - wanna buy a season ticket?”  

Think you may have misheard him, Rudolf.

• Haha 1

On 13/04/2023 at 10:31, NcnsBcfc said:

I think the difference for me with this game is how we responded when Boro pulled it back to 2-2.

They had the momentum, and were ready to push for a winner. But something in the team clicked, we got our resolve back, and in the end pushed hard for a winner ourselves.

That shows to me the difference in the current team, the influence of people like James, and King in the centre; and the determination not to lose a game that could easily have run away from us.

I think most people can see that the attitude of this current bunch is a million miles away from the one that NP inherited, and that is something we can hopefully continue to build on for next season.

I was impressed with the majority of Monday’s performance but what stood out for me was like you said , when it went to 2-2 you thought there’s only 1 winner here , Wrong ! we dug deep responded and could easily have got back in front and won the game that’s not the city I know of the last 5 years 

• Like 3