IGNORED

Linesman Craig

BigAl&Toby

Last night and the other week. Dug out side.

In the week where one linesman’s elbow connects with Robertson’s face I thought this was worth a mention….

The other week Craig did or didn’t flag an offside in the first half - I’m 56 and my memory for important facts is failing me.

Second half and he’s checking the giving the net a cursory check.

******* hell Craig. You got that one wrong. He was offside.

He of course was in line. Our perfect view from behind the goal told us otherwise.

Craig, with his hand over his microphone, turns towards us, smiles and says “Nigel’s watched it back and said I was right”.

Nice to see. An official who’s human. And engages.

Last night he runs towards the South Stand. He’s smiling and looking. For us. He spies us - well he would. We’re standing up, calling to him and waving our elbows.

Craig. Craig. Keep thy elbows in.

He gives the net a cursory check, looks across, smiles and then goes about his business.

Rare. An official who’s human.

We like Craig. ?

12 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

In the week where one linesman’s elbow connects with Robertson’s face I thought this was worth a mention….

The other week Craig did or didn’t flag an offside in the first half - I’m 56 and my memory for important facts is failing me.

He of course was in line. Our perfect view from behind the goal told us otherwise.

Craig, with his hand over his microphone, turns towards us, smiles and says “Nigel’s watched it back and said I was right”.

Last night he runs towards the South Stand. He’s smiling and looking. For us. He spies us - well he would. We’re standing up, calling to him and waving our elbows.

He gives the net a cursory check, looks across, smiles and then goes about his business.

We like Craig. ?

For now. :)

On 11/04/2023 at 07:02, BigAl&Toby said:

We like Craig. ?

I noticed that interaction and wondered what he said as he smiled and ran off. Fwiw I looked straight at the linesman during the incident in question and he looked miles behind play. I sit higher up than you in SS so had a better view of it.