IGNORED

Paul Ince gone

E.G.Red

2 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Well he's not lasted for a full year in (permanent) charge in his career, so I'm not sure it's that unfair a rep.  Reading he just sneaks over the line due to his caretaker role starting in February 22. 

His first stint at the Franchise was impressive though in terms of results, but since then it's been pretty dire.

But I think that relates to the roles he's been offered. I don't think many of the jobs he's taken are particularly stable environments. 

Like others have said whether you like ince or not he is working for a basket case of a club ,

was told by good authority that when ince was at Ashton gate a few weeks ago he was chatting to well let’s call them ! Staff ! And he said his days were numbered he also mentioned 2 of the players were on salaries of upwards of £35,000 a week which ince couldn’t believe .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, redkev said:

Like others have said whether you like ince or not he is working for a basket case of a club ,

was told by good authority that when ince was at Ashton gate a few weeks ago he was chatting to well let’s call them ! Staff ! And he said his days were numbered he also mentioned 2 of the players were on salaries of upwards of £35,000 a week which ince couldn’t believe .

Well one of those must be Andy Carroll. The other? Lucas Joao? They will have paid big money at the time to take him from Sheffield Wednesday, as he had been their main man. Hendrick & Meite are the only others I can imagine might be on that much. No wonder the FA gave them a 6-point deduction!

As for Ince, I don’t think he’s a particularly good manager. There are certainly better in this division, even amongst those who have already been sacked this season.

3 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

i cant see qpr getting more than 2, if they are lucky

Have you forgot they play us last game of the season ?
seriously it would be nice for us be the nasty old wolf for once and put the final nail in someone’s coffin, for years we have been a soft touch , hopefully things are a changing 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, redkev said:

seriously it would be nice for us be the nasty old wolf for once and put the final nail in someone’s coffin, for years we have been a soft touch , hopefully things are a changing 

Be ironic if the one time we do it keeps Cardiff up

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, redkev said:

I recall us sending Brentford down once on the last day, about 30 years ago, much to the disgust of a somewhat portly gentleman on the away terrace who subsequently was serenaded by the Dolman 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Well one of those must be Andy Carroll. The other? Lucas Joao? They will have paid big money at the time to take him from Sheffield Wednesday, as he had been their main man. Hendrick & Meite are the only others I can imagine might be on that much. No wonder the FA gave them a 6-point deduction!

As for Ince, I don’t think he’s a particularly good manager. There are certainly better in this division, even amongst those who have already been sacked this season.

Also @redkev

Joao may well he one, Liam Moore is mooted as being one of their top earners- think he got given a new contract in their big spending period. Ejaria maybe? Puscas signed for big money but he's on loan back in Italy so perhaps not.

Meite perhaps not, Hendrick is heavily subsidised along with Chelsea loanees. Carroll definitely not, he signed under the Business Plan.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Flames 1

17 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

I recall us sending Brentford down once on the last day, about 30 years ago, much to the disgust of a somewhat portly gentleman on the away terrace who subsequently was serenaded by the Dolman 

He’s fat, he’s round, his team are going down, BALDY! BALDY!

Remember the day well. Amazing how one individual managed to get what seemed like the entire ground singing at him.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Also @redkev

Joao may well he one, Liam Moore is mooted as being one of their top earners- think he got given a new contract in their big spending period. Ejaria maybe? Puscas signed for big money but he's on loan back in Italy so perhaps not.

Meite perhaps not, Hendrick is heavily subsidised along with Chelsea loanees. Carroll definitely not, he signed under the Business Plan.

One of them is definitely Liam Moore, a complete car crash of a player for them at the moment.

I would push the boat out and go for Lucas Joao on the other. 

Both of them unwilling to move on to other clubs due to the wages they are getting at Reading, and thus will move on frees at the end of their contracts.

Like some of our 2019 signings, that really was the golden age of Championship earnings for players. So many clubs can't wait to see the back of those contracts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

One of them is definitely Liam Moore, a complete car crash of a player for them at the moment.

I would push the boat out and go for Lucas Joao on the other. 

Both of them unwilling to move on to other clubs due to the wages they are getting at Reading, and thus will move on frees at the end of their contracts.

Like some of our 2019 signings, that really was the golden age of Championship earnings for players. So many clubs can't wait to see the back of those contracts.

We'll see. Stoke have implied that they will be looking at paying top 6 (Championship) wages for example or suggested that they can anyway.

Exception or norm- time will tell but there will always be gamblers when the rewards are so great and Parachute Payments skew the picture.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We'll see. Stoke have implied that they will be looking at paying top 6 (Championship) wages for example or suggested that they can anyway.

Exception or norm- time will tell but there will always be gamblers when the rewards are so great and Parachute Payments skew the picture.

I think the days of parachute payments per se are coming to an end. There's a growing acceptance that the current situation can't go on as it is, as it's ruining the division.

With the new TV deals for the PL & EFL on the horizon, I reckon there will be a more measured financial package for relegated clubs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I think the days of parachute payments per se are coming to an end. There's a growing acceptance that the current situation can't go on as it is, as it's ruining the division.

With the new TV deals for the PL & EFL on the horizon, I reckon there will be a more measured financial package for relegated clubs.

When we finally reach the Prem you can be sure that p.p. will end. 
:read:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

When we finally reach the Prem you can be sure that p.p. will end. 
:read:

If we stay up, we will benefit. Even a season ending in relegation would be a big financial benefit for us assuming that we didn't do as Forest did last summer. If we keep most of the players who took us up and integrate a couple or three that would stay on even if we came back at end of first season.

If we are sensible financially, it will be good for us

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

If we stay up, we will benefit. Even a season ending in relegation would be a big financial benefit for us assuming that we didn't do as Forest did last summer. If we keep most of the players who took us up and integrate a couple or three that would stay on even if we came back at end of first season.

If we are sensible financially, it will be good for us

Leeds have an interesting model here. About 60-40 split if it's one way between base wage and survival bonuses.

Or it could be say 2:1 if done another way, either way it's fairly innovative.

No survival and the Year One at least gap is almost filled and that's before any kinda contractual wage reductions, departure of high earners etc.

Their accounts in recent years have enormous survival bonuses, ranging between £40-50m! :o

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

19 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

He’s fat, he’s round, his team are going down, BALDY! BALDY!

Remember the day well. Amazing how one individual managed to get what seemed like the entire ground singing at him.

The referees at the gate seem to manage it for some reason ?