IGNORED

Paul Ince gone

E.G.Red

I hope they get relegated.

No matter what you think of ince (and I don't think a lot of him) a club that is completely deluded and run like a circus behind the scene wait until they are deducted 6;points and sack the manager. Hardly his fault that the 6;points hopefully cost them relegation, probably down to the clowns who sacked him 

Good riddance to the plastic club

Edited by frenchred
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I hope they get relegated.

No matter what you think of ince (and I don't think a lot of him) a club that is completely deluded and run like a circus behind the scene wait until they are deducted 6;points and sack the manager. Hardly his fault that the 6;points hopefully cost them relegation, probably down to the clowns who sacked him 

Good riddance to the plastic club

Crazy isn’t it, add on their point deduction and they are safe… surely that’s the most any Reading fan would have accepted at the start of the season. Not my favourite character in football but to my mind Ince has done a decent job at Reading, in stupid circumstances. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Super said:

Would much rather Huddersfield and Rotherham go down. Get rid of 2 rubbish away trips.

Yeah, we have to wait so blinkin long on here for @Olé to file his report from away trips up north, and the photos from @Never to the dark side are so bleedin bleak and grim from rubbish northern away games, whereas Reading and QPR, much preferable away days for us all on here on our sofas on the Match Day thread ....

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

I think Ince had an impossible job and performed it as well as most managers would. With the club situation and points deduction, it's an achievement to still be competing.

In general, I think Ince gets a bit of a bad rep. I'd not be thrilled if he was ever appointed here but I think, with the jobs he has had, his record is solid. Start of the season aside, I'd not back him to get clubs to overachieve but I don't think clubs massively underachieve under him either. 

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 5

Could be a race between QPR & Reading. QPR picked up their first points in 5 games while Reading picked up 3 draws in last 4 games. QPR struggle to score, yesterday only the 2nd time since November they managed to score twice in a game. 
Reading play Huddersfield & Wigan plus 4 teams going for play offs, QPR play Burnley & Cov near the top and Stoke, Us and Norwich, who are really low in the form table. 
Hard to guess how it's going to go. Ideal World and Cardiff go, but if not I'd happily choose Reading. 

Looking at Cardiffs run in, and allowing for their very slightly better form , I see them staying up. They have Watford , Huddersfield, Stoke and Rotherham. Even they must be able to pick up enough points from those .

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think Ince had an impossible job and performed it as well as most managers would. With the club situation and points deduction, it's an achievement to still be competing.

In general, I think Ince gets a bit of a bad rep. I'd not be thrilled if he was ever appointed here but I think, with the jobs he has had, his record is solid. Start of the season aside, I'd not back him to get clubs to overachieve but I don't think clubs massively underachieve under him either. 

Well he's not lasted for a full year in (permanent) charge in his career, so I'm not sure it's that unfair a rep.  Reading he just sneaks over the line due to his caretaker role starting in February 22. 

His first stint at the Franchise was impressive though in terms of results, but since then it's been pretty dire.

3 hours ago, 2015 said:

If Reading go down i'd be surprised if they return to the Championship for a few years. They're run like a basket case and have been treading a fine line for a while.

I'd like to think so but they'd probably bounce straight back helped by 4 cheapo cheapo loan players from Chelsea.