IGNORED

Watford away match thread

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was about to say Cardiff / Lamouchi doing their best to get out of trouble, but then McAtee scores a beauty. 1-1.

It's been a good game so far. Torn between wanting to see Cardiff buried and sheff Utd f up auto promotion (just because it would be funny - I dont hate them).

10 minutes ago, Cyderman said:

I'm confused - is this saying we were top of the league earlier in the season? I don't remember that.

think it's confused because of the postponed games due to the Queen's death.

We beat Blackburn to go third on 3 September 2022. The Queen died on 8 September and the matches the following weekend (9-10 Sep) were postponed. We were due to play Preston.

I think transfermarkt have got a little confused. Presumably not giving some sort of result for those postponed games breaks the image.

But you're correct that we've not topped the league this season.

The graph remains correct about the last time we were in the top half.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It's been a good game so far. Torn between wanting to see Cardiff buried and sheff Utd f up auto promotion (just because it would be funny - I dont hate them).

Unless the ref gets a grip or the players calm down I can see a red card appearing in the second half 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Tamas Vasko. 

Decent defender from what I remember. I think he got a goal at some point too, at an away game somewhere like Burnley. 

Edit - just checked, he got the winner at Burnley in a 1-0 win. 

Edited by Offside

It's Mehmeti on the bench because Bell is better at coming back and hustling for the ball? If not I don't understand Bell over Mehmeti when Mehmeti is such a threat when running at players. Pearson said he wanted a Maestro, he got his Maestro and then he leaves him on the bench instead of giving him playing time to really settle into the team when there is nothing to play for this season. 

I like Bell, I think he's better at coming back and pressuring but when the team lacks dynamic players why don't we actually put one on the pitch?