IGNORED

Watford away match thread

Weimann letting the game pass him by, Scott would relish the gaps in midfield at the moment to receive, turn and run at their defence. Wells hasn't contributed too much in the build up but had a decent headed chance.

Would like to see AS and Conway on.

King and James been really good today again, just need a bit more drive when we win the ball back.

Created quite a few chances and got in to some really good areas.

Enjoyed that half, shame about the own goal but really think we can come back and win this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unusual half in some ways, in that we’ve had 64% of the ball, looked neat and tidy on the ball, Sam Bell has been our main threat. Watford are looking more like us e.g. looking to hit us on the break. Unfortunate to be behind, on the balance of play in the first half we can certainly get something out of this. Sort of game Scott can influence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Can't believe how bad Watford are, for a team above us, with the players they have, would not be happy if I was a Watford fan

Was just about to post the same thing , surely Watford won’t be that poor 2nd half , but if I was a Watford fan I would feel cheated they have so much talent in there said .  Having said that we’re losing to a side playing poorly ,

watford are the sort of side who could put a few moves together and all of a sudden we’re 3-0 down .

we’re playing some decent stuff alass not winning though , need to change the mindset .

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

Awful head from Pring, he's not had a good game by his standards, maybe second half will be better for him.

in what way?  He's tried to clear a cross / shot and its hit Cornick.  We aren't tarring his performance today from that are we.  Davis hasn't had a kick. ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

From an offensive point of view, one great ball to Bell, one dribble forward into danger.  Should've done better with his header admittedly.

Think Scott will come on at h-t to save a sub for later.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
2 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

I wouldn't bring Scott on straight away bring him on at 60 minutes for King , i think bring mehmeti on for Weiman and mainly work on the left with Bell to isolate their rb. I think he would perform well  in a free role too . 

saves a sub opportunity too.

43 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

It’s called football at our level

I have to disagree, I mean you watch Coventry for example, they are consistent and the areas where they make mistakes are consistent, we seem erratic as hell and it seems to be a pattern at this club. I mean even under LJ we had weeks where we looked unplayable and then would follow up with weeks where all our strengths became our weaknesses and there was no logical reason behind it.  I mean when you look at how we've had periods where we look solid defending and then periods where we look like we couldn't defend against non-league team and how at the beginning of the season we looked clinical with chances. Now we seem to be creating loads but can't convert them to save our lives. We really need some consistency to work on our weak areas but at the moment we never know where our weak areas are as they change so much.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

in what way?  He's tried to clear a cross / shot and its hit Cornick.  We aren't tarring his performance today from that are we.  Davis hasn't had a kick. ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

From an offensive point of view, one great ball to Bell, one dribble forward into danger.  Should've done better with his header admittedly.

I probably worded that poorly, hasn't had a good game by his own high standards this season. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Last time we played at Watford we were already 4-0 down by now, five down before the hour mark..

That was horrible times.

I remember Holden teasing in the week he made a plan to solve of LWB problem. 
Step forward…Towler getting destroyed by Sarr!

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

I have to disagree, I mean you watch Coventry for example, they are consistent and the areas where they make mistakes are consistent, we seem erratic as hell and it seems to be a pattern at this club. I mean even under LJ we had weeks where we looked unplayable and then would follow up with weeks where all our strengths became our weaknesses and there was no logical reason behind it.  I mean when you look at how we've had periods where we look solid defending and then periods where we look like we couldn't defend against non-league team and how at the beginning of the season we looked clinical with chances. Now we seem to be creating loads but can't convert them to save our lives. We really need some consistency to work on our weak areas but at the moment we never know where our weak areas are as they change so much.

Are they that consistent though?

Between September and November they conceded 5 goals in 12 games, winning 7 of them.

Then immediately after that they conceded 15 in their next 10 games, winning none of them. In fact they conceded 6 in one week, more than the previous 2 or 3 months together!

Since then they've conceded 6 in the next 10.

I guess that's a kind of consistency...?

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Spot on,it’s clearly Cornicks fault for being there not anticipating the ball might hit him