IGNORED

Watford away match thread

Immediate thoughts, they created very little and scored twice (both sloppy goals to concede,) we created a number of decent chances but couldn’t score. We’ve  played worse and won this season.

We looked a well balanced side and overall it was a decent City performance. Scott shone from the bench and Bell looked a threat, Wells worked his socks off.

Funny old game isn’t it? Watford get three points in a game which we’ve largely controlled. In the end it’s always goals, even sloppy ones, that win games. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Sky saying Max should do better?

Ha!.............not just SKY.  That is appalling goalkeeping, and emphasises why we are in desperate need of either a quality back up keeper to compete with Max, or a quality keeper to take over from Max.  If u are going to get anywhere in   the Championship a reliable, quality goalkeeper is an essential requirement.    

So disappointing given the number of forwards we now have in the squad.

We need in the summer to have a team core that genuinely looks top half of league.

As others have said goalkeeper, imposing centre half, goal scorer on 20 a season (sorry can’t see Weimann at that level again. And, of course, a replacement for Scott.

unfortunately to achieve this we shall need more than £25m

• Confused 1

Watford commentary was very refreshing outlook  from a opposing commentary team. They said even the 2nd goal was lucky and  were complimentary of our style of play and picked out James as our star player today which id agree with .  

Bachmann is a decent keeper and did very well to save that Conway chance , i think we still look vulnerable to the counter.  

Cornick has done okay but feel like he ll do better in centre up top , Sykes has a great partnership with Tanner on the right defensively and attacking. 

I thought we played very well and outclassed a premier quality side

We didnt get any luck an own goal and a fumble from Max gifted Watford the points . 

Their Keeper was MOM on another day Nahki would have had a Hat Trick.

We still need a big target man for a plan B when we are chasing the game like today 

1 minute ago, westonred said:

We didnt get any luck an own goal and a fumble from Max gifted Watford the points . 

We still need a big target man for a plan B when we are chasing the game like today 

When was last time Wells got a hat trick?

23 minutes ago, Searles said:

“Excel” is a ridiculous over statement. He commands his box in that he comes out and flaps. No way is he a long term number 1 for a championship side seeking promotion.

I think we're at least 6 players away or some coaching improvements to a number of players from that. That is going to take at least 3 windows with money to produce.

I think he fits us for where we are at the moment (championship mid table side) but I don't think he is better than Bentley.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, westonred said:

Agreed  - apart from the bit about Wells. 

6 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

Watford commentary was very refreshing outlook  from a opposing commentary team. They said even the 2nd goal was lucky and  were complimentary of our style of play and picked out James as our star player today which id agree with .  

Bachmann is a decent keeper and did very well to save that Conway chance , i think we still look vulnerable to the counter.  

Cornick has done okay but feel like he ll do better in centre up top , Sykes has a great partnership with Tanner on the right defensively and attacking. 

This,they were very good and at times almost seemed neutral at times,far better than the usual nonsense I have to listen to when nicking a stream 

• Like 1

Really hard game to summarise, without doubt the better side some bright innovative football good to watch against a side ( who played poorly ) but have so much talent . No one really played that poorly ( even though I think the game passes Andi by ) plenty of effort no sign of on the beach like I did suggest after the Swansea game .

but at the end of it all we really need to start to change the things look promising etc etc to start winning games 

for all the good things / promise being said about the side that’s one win in 6 ( not good ) don’t get me wrong I can see all the promise but we need to start turning promise into results 

13 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Immediate thoughts, they created very little and scored twice (both sloppy goals to concede,) we created a number of decent chances but couldn’t score. We’ve  played worse and won this season.

We looked a well balanced side and overall it was a decent City performance. Scott shone from the bench and Bell looked a threat, Wells worked his socks off.

Funny old game isn’t it? Watford get three points in a game which we’ve largely controlled. In the end it’s always goals, even sloppy ones, that win games. 

I fully appreciate that Nakhi worked his socks off......but the occasional goal would be handy?   He is a striker after all?

• Like 1