IGNORED

Watford away match thread

Sometimes when you lose two or three nil, you are complete crap and never in the game. It’s not been like that at all as we have always been in the match, Failed to score, two defensive screw ups and that is that. Disappointing as frankly Watford look quite poor and were there for the taking. Never mind, does not really matter, it is what it is.

• Like 2
Just now, old_eastender said:

Frustrating, as have been the better team for large periods today. Two poor goals gifted to them, and too many missed chances

Can analyse the death out if it, but simply comes down to that. Played some decent stuff, beat ourself in the end. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Spike said:

He's a smaller person, he's not going to throw his body into players because he'd come off worse than they would, commanding is taking the initiative to go for the ball which is exactly what he does and that Bentley never did because he was always too scared of messing it up. Bentley was an amazing shot-stopper but he was gutless in commanding his area and that's partly why Max is in the team, because despite being a smaller, less solid man he still does for the ball more than Bentley.

I'm coming from a is he good enough to take us forward view, rather than comparing him with Bentley. He certainly goes for it more than him, which is preferable, but that on it's own isn't enough. He sometimes hesitates and finds himself no mans land, that's what I mean about commanding. He isn't physically big/strong enough for us to go to the next step. Just my observation, but I don't hate him !