IGNORED

Yeovil Town

richyy66

46 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Not even Luke Ayling?

I forgot him to be honest.? Was thinking about the GJ signings and how Lee was never the most popular and Jevons/Weale where it didn't really work out.

But I think with the likes of Fontaine and McAllister going to Yeovil later in their careers and with GJ going back there again too I had a positive impression of them and usually liked seeing them do well. A long way back for them now, will have to see if this is even their lowest point.

Guessing there will be a few gasheads with long memories who won't have forgotten this too...

2_Soccer-Sky-Bet-Championship-Brighton-a

13 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

I forgot him to be honest.? Was thinking about the GJ signings and how Lee was never the most popular and Jevons/Weale where it didn't really work out.

But I think with the likes of Fontaine and McAllister going to Yeovil later in their careers and with GJ going back there again too I had a positive impression of them and usually liked seeing them do well. A long way back for them now, will have to see if this is even their lowest point.

Guessing there will be a few gasheads with long memories who won't have forgotten this too...

2_Soccer-Sky-Bet-Championship-Brighton-a

I must admit, I ‘supported’ them when they were striving to get in to the league, much as I did Cheltenham and Forest Green, but I view their demise with a certain disinterest; I can’t take to Marc Cooper and, given their financial shenanigans, I have no real sympathy.

5 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

They’re not even great at being shit. We dropped four divisions in less than half the time it took them ☹️

Not to be facetious, but we actually dropped three divisions, from the first to the fourth! ?

You are right though, in that they only managed two relegations in successive seasons. Amateurs. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I must admit, I ‘supported’ them when they were striving to get in to the league, much as I did Cheltenham and Forest Green, but I view their demise with a certain disinterest; I can’t take to Marc Cooper and, given their financial shenanigans, I have no real sympathy.

I'm with you on this one.  Hard to believe he's the offspring of Sir Terry.  Clearly nothing alike in character.

• Like 1

• Admin
3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Can't wait to play them next season.

Can remember a few feisty encounters with Yeovil over the years following Weston

One highlight was winning the Somerset cup at Huish beating Yeovil, they did not enjoy our celebrations in the boardroom after the game

• Like 3

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

chap on Radio Bristol was on the verge of tears. 

Not surprised, they should be the biggest club in the county & a league one, too.

They have been criminally mismanaged over the last 10 years.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

My Grandad was from Yeovil and a Yeovil Town fan so I do have a soft spot for them. Sad to see how far they've fallen in recent years. 

They've been at that level before, but not since 1996/97. Then they won the 6th tier with a record 101 points to begin their climb to league football. Be nice if history repeated itself. 

• Like 1

On 19/04/2023 at 16:00, LondonBristolian said:

My Grandad was from Yeovil and a Yeovil Town fan so I do have a soft spot for them. Sad to see how far they've fallen in recent years. 

Not sure how old he is but there's a fair chance I might know him. Support was down in the 1,000-1,200 range when I was younger, everyone knew everyone else (let's not do "you're all related anyway" joke.... ? ).

Criminally mismanaged is correct and now apparently the newest takeover has fallen through. Interestingly, and maybe showing a little bit of hope for the situation, this news has come from the prospective owners personal Twitter rather than SU Glovers' account, meaning maybe there is a chink of light there. If there isn't, I see nothing else on the horizon than administration as the monthly wage bill is 70k and the new rent payments of £50k a quarter kick in this week. That's a lot of money to find when there's no matchday income coming in. Can't see too many people buying season tickets without knowing who the owner is going to be so it's all a vicious cycle. 

Sigh.

10 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

A part of me would like to see Steve Lansdown step up and buy Yeovil. The same part of me which would like to see him sell us to someone with ambition. 

Perhaps its time for Johnny Depp to step in and save his local team!