IGNORED

Yeovil Town

richyy66

Looks like they are heading for relegation from the National League. They need to win their remaining 3 games and will have to rely on others not winning any of theirs to stand any chance of staying in the National league.  Former Bristol City player Mark Cooper has his hands full. Wasn't that long ago they were in the Championship 2014 - All be it for only one season.

2 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

Some of the second hand stories I've heard from players who've played under him show this. He's a pretty awful bloke/leader. Mad that he's managed to have the career he has really. 

Right up there with Steve Evans for contemptible personalities from lower leagues.

2 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

Some of the second hand stories I've heard from players who've played under him show this. He's a pretty awful bloke/leader. Mad that he's managed to have the career he has really. 

Right up there with Steve Evans for contemptible personalities from lower leagues.

Wasn’t Cooper the manager of Swindon when they beat us in November and won the league that game ,

done the lap of honour with the players 

• Like 1

This is unbelievably petty of me, but sod it. I LOVE the fact that Yeovil have gone down, and it all goes back to the first year we were in the same league. 

Every week there would be a caller to Radio Bristol asking if that weeks Yeovil win had put Yeovil above City.  Think the guy was call Robin ironically enough.

So Robin, rather than worrying about being behind City in the league, now you can fight it out with the Dog and Duck Reserves, and Horefield Prison 2nds. Enjoy. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

This is unbelievably petty of me, but sod it. I LOVE the fact that Yeovil have gone down, and it all goes back to the first year we were in the same league. 

Every week there would be a caller to Radio Bristol asking if that weeks Yeovil win had put Yeovil above City.  Think the guy was call Robin ironically enough.

So Robin, rather than worrying about being behind City in the league, now you can fight it out with the Dog and Duck Reserves, and Horefield Prison 2nds. Enjoy. 

As a Minehead fan growing up in the days they were a top non league side, Yeovil were one of our main local rivals.

That’s always stuck with me and although I bemoan the lack of good professional sport in the south west, I still have to have a chuckle at them dropping into regional football. 

58 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

From the very little I have read the potential new owners would appear to be ‘challenging’. 

That is not defending Cooper.

I fear for their future.

Be careful what you wish for with new owners , to those who criticise the lansdowns

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2

I think I went to the 1st home game we played against them. Can't recall the year or division but I remember seeing their fans drinking with ours outside the pubs in the sunshine before the game and how good that was to see rather than with most away fans being chased across the park by police on horseback. No history = no trouble?

That said, my nephew was sent to their academy from Southampton about 8 years ago after a serious injury lay off and it was so depressing there he gave up football altogether, so it does sound a bit of a mess.

12 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Surely there is now no reason for Radio Bristol to interrupt City coverage for a Conference South club 50 miles away?

I would have thought the local radio station should cover the likes of Yeovil as well as league clubs.

There's enough complaints about the media's obsession with the Prem to the detriment of clubs like City. Surely this is just the same issue but down a level or two.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Calculus said:

I would have thought the local radio station should cover the likes of Yeovil as well as league clubs.

There's enough complaints about the media's obsession with the Prem to the detriment of clubs like City. Surely this is just the same issue but down a level or two.

You can guarantee that even if Yeovil were relegated to the Western League that they'd still get a decent coverage on Radio Bristol. I'd rather listen to a Rovers fan moan and moan about their crap club than Yeovil's pointless existence in Conference South.

1 hour ago, Calculus said:

Yes but at the moment Yeovil have level billing with City and Rovers, whereas Bath/Taunton etc have almost nothing. Yeovil will be at the same level as Bath/Taunton so there is zero reason for them to have more coverage than the latter two.

• Like 3

Was chatting to a Yeovil fan this time last year who was disappointed their manager Sarll had left and was worried for their future. Looks like they were right as Yeovil will be down and the manager left for Woking who are now 4th.

Got to admit I don't mind Yeovil after those games in the mid 2000s and us getting Gary Johnson off them (some of their players we had not so much). Will be an interesting conference south next year if both Torquay and Yeovil are there and can get their acts together.

21 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Was chatting to a Yeovil fan this time last year who was disappointed their manager Sarll had left and was worried for their future. Looks like they were right as Yeovil will be down and the manager left for Woking who are now 4th.

Got to admit I don't mind Yeovil after those games in the mid 2000s and us getting Gary Johnson off them (some of their players we had not so much). Will be an interesting conference south next year if both Torquay and Yeovil are there and can get their acts together.

Not even Luke Ayling?

• Like 1