IGNORED

New kit - club shop?

Ziderarmy

1 minute ago, Pearsonistheman said:

Apologies if I’ve missed a thread and please feel free to merge but does anyone know when the new home kit will be on sale?

My lads is really keen on having the new kit and it’s his birthday shortly but it doesn’t appear to be available on the online shop? 

Think they said it would be around start of summer that they start receiving replicas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pearsonistheman said:

Apologies if I’ve missed a thread and please feel free to merge but does anyone know when the new home kit will be on sale?

My lads is really keen on having the new kit and it’s his birthday shortly but it doesn’t appear to be available on the online shop? 

Search previous thread. There was a link to one of the ' dubious' sources. They were about £15 each. Decent quality according to poster that bought one.

• Admin
50 minutes ago, Pearsonistheman said:

I’d rather buy the official product. It’s mad that by now a club this side can’t find a supplier who can supply! 

His mates got the full kit which he was given I’m told when he was a mascot at a recent game. Unless his parents got it from China…

You'd be surprised how good the quality is 

I've often wondered if they're made in the same place but just go through different chains to get on the shelf 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, phantom said:

You'd be surprised how good the quality is 

I've often wondered if they're made in the same place but just go through different chains to get on the shelf 

There was a bloke behind me at Watford wearing the new home shirt (and he was far too old to have ever been a mascot) so I assume it was from these Chinese sites already selling it. The shirt looks crap to begin with so there isn’t much for the counterfeiters to work with, but up close the colour is absolutely horrible, certainly not the red I associate with serious football shirts - it might have been the sun as it wasn’t even the pink hue you see from a distance on the players shirts, it looked washed out and almost peach coloured. 

I assume if they don’t put them on sale before the summer, they could assess the feedback and design a new shirt for next season without having impacted supporters - unless we only got dispensation to change this season as an advance on next.

The whole kit thing is weird. Understand why they ditched Hummel but if they might have well have sourced these moody kits from China until the end of the season and then gone for something new.

After ticket sales and concourse spending, shirt sales must be account for a fair wedge of supporter spend, so not involving them in the design process seems bonkers.

2 hours ago, Olé said:

There was a bloke behind me at Watford wearing the new home shirt (and he was far too old to have ever been a mascot) so I assume it was from these Chinese sites already selling it. The shirt looks crap to begin with so there isn’t much for the counterfeiters to work with, but up close the colour is absolutely horrible, certainly not the red I associate with serious football shirts - it might have been the sun as it wasn’t even the pink hue you see from a distance on the players shirts, it looked washed out and almost peach coloured. 

I assume if they don’t put them on sale before the summer, they could assess the feedback and design a new shirt for next season without having impacted supporters - unless we only got dispensation to change this season as an advance on next.

I refuse to believe that the shirt they are wearing is the final design. In terms of quality at least. 

15 hours ago, phantom said:

Just in time for a heatwave and summer holidays 

I thought that too.

Our retailing side is a study of how not to do things. Decided a while back to stop posting on marketing, stocking, product issues and as it’s sooo bad … but I must admit being emailed in mid-April about the exciting arrival of bubble hats and scarfs was a new low.

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

My assumption is that under the terms of the contract with Hummell we're prohibited from selling non-Hummel replica kit before the season ends.  Yes, they have probably breached the contract by not supplying the kits, but Ashton would have had to make sure there was a get out clause there in that event. 

A few training items have started to land in the shop though.

4 hours ago, David Brent said:

I refuse to believe that the shirt they are wearing is the final design. In terms of quality at least. 

That's my suspicion as well, but moreso in the badge area.  I can't help but think they're essentially gauging the opinion of the fans, but haven't worked out the best way to do that is to actually engage with them! 

7 hours ago, Olé said:

If it's the same suppliers as the one I got for this seasons shirt I wouldn't put too much on the colour as mine was completely the wrong red!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

If it's the same suppliers as the one I got for this seasons shirt I wouldn't put too much on the colour as mine was completely the wrong red!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen you look as embarrassed as you did at Birmingham with that thing on, and that was before the 3-0 ??

Still, your shorts were nice #FKW

14 hours ago, Olé said:

The same bloke who was shouting "forward, forward, shoot, shoot"?!

• Haha 1