IGNORED

New kit - club shop?

Ziderarmy

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Good grief. How on EARTH have we ended up with this stuff on the shelves? Did literally nobody notice how truly awful it is?!

What in the **** is that shite ?

The kits looked like a 90s kit that's going to scag all over the ******. I can see people returning kit after kit after kit 

Went into the club shop today & seen the new kit on sale. Oh dear - it’s just so naff & cheap looking. £50 for a shirt - I genuinely wouldn’t buy it at a tenner.

I get that the Hummel uk distributor has gone under but this O’Neill kit is tragic.

Commercially we are a million miles off it under Jon Lansdown. 

• Like 3

People’s comments on the quality are every bit as bad as feared. The club’s decision to move away from Hummel - when Coventry were able to renegotiate a new supply deal - is starting to look like a dreadful own-goal.

No point securing a reliable supply chain if there’s no demand.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 2

Went and had a look today, bits of fabric falling out of seams and bleeding colours on the rubber badge - worst quality shirts I have seen I think.

I can't believe people have bought it let alone for £50!

Edited by Pezo
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Anyone who's on Twitter. Just make sure to @ Jon Lansdown in your negative comments. 

It's his project, his hobby, and no one at the Club is going to tell him it's crap, so it's on us to do that.

I know it’s often commented but is it actually true? How much involvement does he have? 

I know he took a lot of credit for the new badge and spoke afterwards about the process but is he still involved with kit design etc? 

24 minutes ago, David Brent said:

I know it’s often commented but is it actually true? How much involvement does he have? 

I know he took a lot of credit for the new badge and spoke afterwards about the process but is he still involved with kit design etc? 

Probably not, but everyone loves to bash him, so. “Jon and his crayons!”

Did a great job with the badge IMO. I agree the new kits are AWFUL, but we hardly have him praise when the Hummel kits were the best we’ve seen (again, IMO). 

Edited by Ghost Rider
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, David Brent said:

JL has full oversight over kit. He's heavily involved in design. It all goes through him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

Went into the club shop today & seen the new kit on sale. Oh dear - it’s just so naff & cheap looking. £50 for a shirt - I genuinely wouldn’t buy it at a tenner.

I get that the Hummel uk distributor has gone under but this O’Neill kit is tragic.

Commercially we are a million miles off it under Jon Lansdown. 

They may have but Coventry signed up to a fuether 3 years with them so it must be sorted. What a cluster#### weve shifted to!

20 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Probably not, but everyone loves to bash him, so. “Jon and his crayons!”

Did a great job with the badge IMO. I agree the new kits are AWFUL, but we hardly have him praise when the Hummel kits were the best we’ve seen (again, IMO). 

He gets as much praise when the kits were good as when they are bad I think. 

IMO the new badge is still horrendous and I wish we'd bin it off asap ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

He's been quiet on the subject of the new badge so it's deffo him 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Admin
12 hours ago, David Brent said:

You'll have to take my word on this but he was 100%  behind the shirts, new badge etc

• Thanks 1

• Admin
On 21/04/2023 at 12:57, Bris Red said:

Badge looks silicone but hard to tell from the picture..

It's a cross between silicone and rubber, it looks OK until up close and it looks cheap 

BUT two friends of mine bought the shirt yesterday and are really pleased with them 

• Admin
14 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Good grief. How on EARTH have we ended up with this stuff on the shelves? Did literally nobody notice how truly awful it is?!

I noticed the women's travelled to a recent away game wearing this, and it looked awful 

Alright Jon, we know you have to fill your time doing stuff at the club (anyone give him a job outside of Bristol city please?)… but stop recreating city shirts from yesteryear… it’s been done to death…. Thankfully there’s a market for vintage original gear. Leave it to the professionals -ie Hummel, Umbro, adidas etc (template or no template) it’ll look a 1000% better than the O’Neill shite

• Flames 1

• Admin
54 minutes ago, paignton red said:

Love the beanie. They on sale anywhere ?

https://section82.bigcartel.com/?fbclid=PAAaYEdHZ2NcO3aGvOomB59MkjPQPjnXl83eyZ23ONqDgGHxpjyWLg-w3y1cM

42 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Anyone else thinking they are frantically re designing the away kit after the backlash of the 3rd kit? 

Seems weird it's not been announced yet 

I assumed the yellow was our new away kit? 

Yellow is certainly the 3rd. We had to bring it out because of the kit clash when we played Luton away a few weeks ago. Luton play in orange with  blue/black shorts. We couldn't play in our red, fair enough but why not the 2nd kit. I can't think it will be orange, so maybe it's the shorts that clash, so possibly black? But saying that I've seen lots of teams playing in the same colour shorts recently. My point is, why put out the yellow (3rd) kit against Luton, what is it about the away kit that clashed, unless it simply wasn't ready?

My guess is that it will be a white/Red reverse of the new home one, possibly with black shorts? But it's just a guess based on the retro stuff John seems to like.

Personally I think it's the worst collection of shirts/training wear we have had for years. At a distance the red shirts look ok on the players but that about it. It looks cheap and fake. Sad that this was our best option and we are stuck with it for months of this season and all next at best.

• Like 1