IGNORED

Scoreboard - needs a rethink

SouthStand Sandwich

After yesterday’s match where the time on the scoreboard didn’t appear for a while and later downsys weekly gaff of the wrongly named substitution… Andy Cornick ?? … got me thinking… can we just update / revise our scoreboard format to show the lineups throughout the game including the substitutions rather than the bland format it is now… offers nothing… and as for the visual footage… don’t get me started… extended highlights would be nice

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They do that at Blackburn (probably other places too) and it’s really good. Yellow cards, subs etc. 

I’m not sure our screens are big enough though. When they put the whole opposition 11 up on one screen before the game it’s too small to read from the other side of the ground. 

But before we start rethinking the scoreboard, please please please can we figure out how to make the PA system audible in the Dolman…..??

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

They do that at Blackburn (probably other places too) and it’s really good. Yellow cards, subs etc. 

I’m not sure our screens are big enough though. When they put the whole opposition 11 up on one screen before the game it’s too small to read from the other side of the ground. 

But before we start rethinking the scoreboard, please please please can we figure out how to make the PA system audible in the Dolman…..??

Were you there yesterday? They seemed to boost the sound level to 11. Didn't make it any clearer though. 1970s British Rail would be proud.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

At half time they dont even announce the scores anymore.

I wouldnt mind but it's not like their is a packed half time entertainment schedule. 

How much effort is it to out the scores on the screen and read them out ? It's pretty much of interest to every fan in the ground too

Bring back the alphabet boards around the perimeters I say, (for the older posters) :laugh:.

Edited by pillred
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

Personally believe that Downsy needs to shut up at least 5 mins before kick off. Especially when its a big game, both sides are singing their heart out and you cant hear fck all because hes shouting.

Get rid of that crap galvanise song before kick off aswell

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Personally believe that Downsy needs to shut up at least 5 mins before kick off. Especially when its a big game, both sides are singing their heart out and you cant hear fck all because hes shouting.

Get rid of that crap galvanise song before kick off aswell

Definitely agree on first bit, let the crowd noise take over...maybe even make it 10!

Galvanise I'm a bit meh about but pre game music if done poorly can crowd out fan atmosphere, ours is hit and miss but the modern game I guess.

17 hours ago, Harry said:

I think we need a “Days since last penalty award” on the scoreboard and ensure it flashes to get the refs eye whenever he makes a balls-up. 

Will need a bigger scoreboard then!

I don’t have a problem with the screens at all. I like them especially when they replay a City goal. I’d like to see a replay of goals City concede as well to get an idea if it was down to good play or dodgy defending but can understand why they’re not shown.

21 hours ago, pillred said:

Bring back the alphabet boards around the perimeters I say, (for the older posters) :laugh:.

I well remember those days! 

We’d sometimes see guys with little trannies listening at half time for the other scores.

How times have changed.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Humble Realist said:

At half time they dont even announce the scores anymore.

I wouldnt mind but it's not like their is a packed half time entertainment schedule. 

How much effort is it to out the scores on the screen and read them out ? It's pretty much of interest to every fan in the ground too

They did announce the ht scores when I went to my last home game, the one before Rotherham. I couldn’t hear what was being said, would rather them up on the screen. 
There’s too much chat at half time, too many announcements etc. The Tannoy is too loud in South Stand, so can’t talk to the people around me

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I don’t have a problem with the screens at all. I like them especially when they replay a City goal. I’d like to see a replay of goals City concede as well to get an idea if it was down to good play or dodgy defending but can understand why they’re not shown.

We’d sometimes see guys with little trannies listening at half time for the other scores.

How times have changed.

There I was thinking football had become more inclusive when it turns out trannies have been coming for years./......

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

How times have changed.

I'm not sure how this helps....!

image.png.f645b81a4d7dcccd62059c158a4d3de2.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

They did announce the ht scores when I went to my last home game, the one before Rotherham. I couldn’t hear what was being said, would rather them up on the screen. 
There’s too much chat at half time, too many announcements etc. The Tannoy is too loud in South Stand, so can’t talk to the people around me

When they do put the scores, or other info up, it's usually in white type on the red background.

Very Bristol City of course, but anyone involved with graphics will tell you that this particular combination is among the hardest to read.

• Like 2