IGNORED

Newcastle v Spurs

Redtucks

14 hours ago, The Coach said:

Newcastle are on the up and will pick up silverware sooner rather than later.

Kane is hardly going to win back to back PL medals and cups now. But joining Newcastle or Man Utd will increase his chances massively of winning something.

I look at Kane and think what a waste of a career some way. Should have left Tottenham years ago. 

A waste of a career? 2nd highest goal scorer in Premier League history, Highest England goal scorer and you think it’s a waste of a career?

He’s stayed loyal to the club he’s been at since a kid. Had he moved 3-4 years ago when linked you would have said only interested in money.

If I was the best player in the world, I would only want to play for Bristol City, I would prefer to play 700 games for us and win nothing than 50 for a premier league team and win a cup.

Not everyone is motivated by jumping ship to win anything.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grifty said:

A waste of a career? 2nd highest goal scorer in Premier League history, Highest England goal scorer and you think it’s a waste of a career?

He’s stayed loyal to the club he’s been at since a kid. Had he moved 3-4 years ago when linked you would have said only interested in money.

If I was the best player in the world, I would only want to play for Bristol City, I would prefer to play 700 games for us and win nothing than 50 for a premier league team and win a cup.

Absolute rubbish. You play the game for success. You want trophies and silverware where you can. Especially at that level.

If he was so loyal to Tottenham. Why did Kane fail to report to training when Man City and came calling? He wanted to go.

It’s all his own doing as should have never signed a long term deal with Spurs. 

2nd highest goal scorer in PL? Could have done that with likes of Man City or another top club with trophies to go with it. 

He will run his contract down and will then jump to likes of Man Utd, Chelsea or Newcastle.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, grifty said:

Not so much the trophies but you'd stay at Bristol City on £10k or week or go to Barcelona/whenever and earn £300k a week?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Not so much the trophies but you'd stay at Bristol City on £10k or week or go to Barcelona/whenever and earn £300k a week?

So if I ‘was’ the best player in the world you think they would pay Kalas £25k p/w and me £10k?

Id like to think if we signed Messi at 16, had him his whole career he might be the difference to get us to the Prem…

36 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Absolute rubbish. You play the game for success. You want trophies and silverware where you can. Especially at that level.

If he was so loyal to Tottenham. Why did Kane fail to report to training when Man City and came calling? He wanted to go.

It’s all his own doing as should have never signed a long term deal with Spurs. 

2nd highest goal scorer in PL? Could have done that with likes of Man City or another top club with trophies to go with it. 

He will run his contract down and will then jump to likes of Man Utd, Chelsea or Newcastle.

It’s not a ‘wasted’ career. Could he have achieved more, of course, will he have regrets, probably.

• Like 1

Wasted career? All time England top scorer and may well take Shearers all time PL scoring record as well. I kind of admire players that stay loyal to their own club. Gerrard, Shearer could have all moved to clubs and won medals but they stayed at the club they support. Hardly wasted

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Wow is that a record?

Just did some research and surprising the list of incredible short appointments, but Leroy Rosenior lasted just 10 minutes - 

Rosenior holds the unenviable record for the shortest ever period as manager in the history of English football, albeit through no fault of his own. He was appointed to the head job at the same time as the managing interest in the club was being transferred to a new consortium of owners. The incoming chief executive, Colin Lee, immediately installed his own choice as manager, meaning that Rosenior was out of a job before the ink on his contract had time to dry.