IGNORED

Favourite instrumental by a rock band

Norn Iron

On 26/04/2023 at 15:37, slartibartfast said:

Do you mean the coda with Leon Russell ?

No, I assume he means Layla Part 2, on which the drummer the late Jim Gordon* played the piano part that he had written (though his then girlfriend Rita Coolidge claimed credit for it).

*For those who don’t know of Jim Gordon, he played with countless acts and bands during the 60s and 70s (including Joe Cocker, Leon Russell, George Harrison, Delaney & Bonnie) but suffered from paranoid schizophrenia and killed his mother in the early 1980s, spending the rest of his life behind bars.  He died a few weeks ago.

I saw this version of Apache earlier and was struck by how far away it is from the clean cut image that many of us associate with The Shadows, they look more like the kind of band that would influence many of the bands in the 60s. I don't think I really understood why they were so revered before.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I saw this version of Apache earlier and was struck by how far away it is from the clean cut image that many of us associate with The Shadows, they look more like the kind of band that would influence many of the bands in the 60s. I don't think I really understood why they were so revered before.

Well that's weird. Hopefully this will be the right video this time. :)

https://youtu.be/EzgbcyfJgfQ