IGNORED

NFL Season 2023

Dynamite Red

The Ravens made a number of critical mental errors at the wrong times. If they had kept their cool and not been so stupid they would be winning. Attitudes cost them a shot at the Superbowl, with Mahomes showing a better application than the Chiefs have shown before. They learned their lessons from earlier in the season and are now favourites, surely?

Well the Lions didn't change their gameplan much but coach Campbell rolled the dice too often last night. They were off to a flyer at 17 points up but managed to throw the advantage away with some questionable 4th down gambles. It was a brave but ultimately foolish approach that means they will be watching the Big Game at home. But give the 49ers a clap, they didn't buckle or bitch like some other teams might have. Shanahan's years of (often painful) experience gave them the increasing momentum to grab a deserved win and their ticket to Vegas. Whilst both QBs had mixed fortunes, it was the ground game where the big men up front made the difference.

So, Chiefs v 49ers then. Must order the pizza and dig up some TayTay songs this week...

• Haha 1

The Big Day has arrived! What are your thoughts on Superbowl LVIII?

I'm finding it difficult to look past Mahomes and the Chiefs' offensive firepower, now they seem to have repaired the issues of earlier. It means the test will pivot on the 49ers' D, which is a good one but I suspect is not going to apply too much pressure on passing downs. Tight game, but I'll go for Chiefs by 3. Meanwhile, the dough is being left to prove...   :yawn:🏈:winner_third_h4h:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

I'm finding it difficult to look past Mahomes and the Chiefs' offensive firepower, now they seem to have repaired the issues of earlier. It means the test will pivot on the 49ers' D, which is a good one but I suspect is not going to apply too much pressure on passing downs. Tight game, but I'll go for Chiefs by 3. Meanwhile, the dough is being left to prove...   :yawn:🏈:winner_third_h4h:

You've summed up perfectly my feelings.

Mahomes just has the ability to do something other QBs can't. Unless the 49ers are 10+ ahead going into Q4, the outcome will be a Chiefs win. The recent experience for around 12 of their squad having done 3+ Superbowl's will be telling and help settle the other players, who often just get overwhelmed by the whole occasion.

And if down at HT, the Chiefs and Reid are arguably the best at making adjustments, and so with a longer break due to the show, watch them come out flying in Q3.

Chiefs by 7, after being behind at HT.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Erithacus said:

The 49ers had their championship against the Lions, peaked to soon.

Chiefs by 14.

And you cant beat real grass fields😲🤣 Not how the NFL want their prize game shown/remembered

2 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

And you cant beat real grass fields😲🤣 Not how the NFL want their prize game shown/remembered

Didn't Bengals' NT Tim Krumrie break his leg untouched that game? Ouch!

2 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

Anybody know/remember the link between this photo and my previous photo?😃

I wish to plead Fifth Ammendment.

26 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Didn't Bengals' NT Tim Krumrie break his leg untouched that game? Ouch!

I wish to plead Fifth Ammendment.

Yes he did.

During the game winning drive there was a TV timeout, apparently Montana whilst waiting for the game to restart spotted Candy in the stands and pointed him out to the rest of the team

Edited by northsomersetred

1 minute ago, Jose said:

Woke up so thought I’d watch OT. Just find it weird after the winning TD the first thing the camera goes to is Taylor ******* Swift. Bloody Americans.

My son has never liked NFL, never even watched a minute. 

Tonight he watched every single minute of it because of Taylor. 

So from that perspective you can kinda see why they show so much of her. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Bloody hell. I struggle to stay up for an evening kick off these days 😂

Wow, what a battle! Vegas certainly knows how to keep you on the knife-edge.

In a game where neither team really had a firm grip on things and there were plenty of errors - most small, a few bigger - it was a gruelling war of attrition. Looking at the Chiefs it looked like their old woes were back with some errant passes, miscues and low snaps all night. However, they managed to contain the shakes and drive hard when they needed it. Give the Niners a real pat on the back as their Defense was up to Mahomes' game all night until the last plays. They spoiled the Chiefs' rouses at crucial moments, and Purdy found a few receivers when the chips were down.

However, with the game grinding to a nail-biting tie in regulation it was then the reigning champions stepped up a gear. With fatigue - mental as well as physical - setting in Kansas City made the plays when it counted. What a game.

It also seems, in a roundabout way, that I made the right prediction (not withstanding the overtime). Well waddya know. Now I'm off to bed to digest that pizza. Oh, and did Taylor's Japan gig end without any encores, I wonder...?

6 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Wow, what a battle! Vegas certainly knows how to keep you on the knife-edge.

In a game where neither team really had a firm grip on things and there were plenty of errors - most small, a few bigger - it was a gruelling war of attrition. Looking at the Chiefs it looked like their old woes were back with some errant passes, miscues and low snaps all night. However, they managed to contain the shakes and drive hard when they needed it. Give the Niners a real pat on the back as their Defense was up to Mahomes' game all night until the last plays. They spoiled the Chiefs' rouses at crucial moments, and Purdy found a few receivers when the chips were down.

However, with the game grinding to a nail-biting tie in regulation it was then the reigning champions stepped up a gear. With fatigue - mental as well as physical - setting in Kansas City made the plays when it counted. What a game.

It also seems, in a roundabout way, that I made the right prediction (not withstanding the overtime). Well waddya know. Now I'm off to bed to digest that pizza. Oh, and did Taylor's Japan gig end without any encores, I wonder...?

The 49'ers kicker who missed the extra point is probably not sleeping right now!

12 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Exactly this. Same for my daughter, never shown any interest but stayed up to watch it all and thoroughly enjoyed it. If it introduces youngsters to sport I don’t see how that’s a bad thing. 

13 hours ago, Jose said:

Woke up so thought I’d watch OT. Just find it weird after the winning TD the first thing the camera goes to is Taylor ******* Swift. Bloody Americans.

There is a positive out of this, she is more than likely going to endorse the Democrats, this will hopefully mobilise youngsters to get out and vote and hopefully we wont see the return of Trump.

13 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

My daughter has shown an interest since she was old enough, she's now 16, always followed the Dolphins then boom! Swift comes along and she loves the Chiefs🙄

12 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm baffled as to why Vegas isn't hosting any world cup games. 

The F1 and and Super Bowl have been absolutely fantastic. Vegas knows how to put on a show! 

More than likely the same reason the NFL took 58yrs to hold a game there, Mob influence, bribery and betting. Hopefully those days are long gone.

Edited by northsomersetred

• Admin

Recorded it and been watching it back this evening. 

I forgot what a dull long drawn out sport is was 

As for the excitement of kicking a field goal, I'd get rugby union and league players are chuckling at the comments around then

Some of the fumbled catches and attempted tackles are mind blowing for the wages they get paid 

I understand there is a big following but it's one of the few sports not for me 

17 hours ago, phantom said:

Recorded it and been watching it back this evening. 

I forgot what a dull long drawn out sport is was 

As for the excitement of kicking a field goal, I'd get rugby union and league players are chuckling at the comments around then

Some of the fumbled catches and attempted tackles are mind blowing for the wages they get paid 

I understand there is a big following but it's one of the few sports not for me 

I generally only watch the play off games. The jeopardy adds something to it for me. 

I suppose the excitement for a field goal is because unlike in rugby a field goal can make a huge difference. 49ers missing one lost them the game for example. 

I think some of the comparisons English people make with American football and rugby is unfair. The claims people make about the padding American footballers wear is unfair.

Whilst the two sports started off thr same they are completely different sports these days. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 2