IGNORED

NFL Season 2023

Dynamite Red

The new NFL season is officially under way. Welcome back. (Although the USFL is a little confusing at the moment.)

Carolina have jumped the queue but took their time to pick... QB Bryce Young - Bama's first ever first round NFL pick!

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

You loved him so much you couldn't spell his name right :ph34r:

He'll be much more loved in New York. "Touchdown, Rodgers to Wilson" to be this year's most heard phrase :winner_third_h4h:

Aaron Rodgers is one of my favourite QBs behind Randall Cunningham, Joe Marino and Joe Montana. 

5 hours ago, The turtle said:

J-E-T-S jets jets jets

My all time favourite nfl team.

You've supported more teams than Joey Barton has had court cases.

Stay away from the Jets. Some of us have endured 20+ years of abject misery. I'd like to enjoy any success without having to put up with you Jonny come lately bandwagon jumpers :grr:

On 28/04/2023 at 21:07, elhombrecito said:

Some of us have endured 20+ years of abject misery. I'd like to enjoy any success without having to put up with you Jonny come lately bandwagon jumpers :grr:

Share your pain.Try supporting the Detroit Lions, though both teams seem to be on the up.

On 28/04/2023 at 21:07, elhombrecito said:

You've supported more teams than Joey Barton has had court cases.

Stay away from the Jets. Some of us have endured 20+ years of abject misery. I'd like to enjoy any success without having to put up with you Jonny come lately bandwagon jumpers :grr:

9 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Share your pain.Try supporting the Detroit Lions, though both teams seem to be on the up.

I take your years of misery, equal them, and add Watson at QB to the mix. Found supporting the Browns really hard last year and will struggle till #4 is gone. 

This could go in either section, but J.J. Watt and his wife are to invest in Burnley. Left field or what?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65451579

So many Americans seem to be flocking across the pond to become part of the beeautiful game over here. I am reminded about the old saying: How do you become involved in football and end up with a small fortune? Start with a big fortune...

• Like 1

Do any of you subscribe to NFL Game pass international?

I’ve had a couple of emails this week saying it’s now gone over to DAZN and that I need to log in there and transfer my account across. Seen a few complaining about DAZN on twitter. Has anyone completed the transfer across from Game pass to DAZN successfully already? I make 4 monthly payments which usually begin in August or September. Not sure if DAZN offer the same method of payment or whether they expect it all at once. 

28 minutes ago, jambodinho said:

Do any of you subscribe to NFL Game pass international?

I’ve had a couple of emails this week saying it’s now gone over to DAZN and that I need to log in there and transfer my account across. Seen a few complaining about DAZN on twitter. Has anyone completed the transfer across from Game pass to DAZN successfully already? I make 4 monthly payments which usually begin in August or September. Not sure if DAZN offer the same method of payment or whether they expect it all at once. 

I've signed into it on DAZN, and all the content seems the same for now. Worryingly no mention of costs etc in the announcement.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I've signed into it on DAZN, and all the content seems the same for now. Worryingly no mention of costs etc in the announcement.

Yeah I think there is more information to come out. Some have moaned that there is less content currently but they have replied to those people saying there will be more eventually. Will have a look this evening when I get home and try and find out more info. I hope they don’t get us to sign up to the full DAZN package. 

From NFL UK Group

???? – ??? ?????? ???? – ??? ??? ?????!
Hopefully, below, you’ll find answers to a lot of the questions that have been knocking about over the last few days. If you have any others, feel free to ask, and I’ll see what I can do to help.
??????: Games will only be available for 7 days after broadcast
????: This is (??????????) not true! Games will be available indefinitely (to some degree, it appears to be about 8 years on DAZN, although some of the older games are only highlights at the moment), as was the case with the previous GamePass. There seems to have been confusion here as DAZNs own sports broadcasts are only available for 7 days.
??????: Games in 40’, Coaches film and similar will not be available
????: Also (??????????) not true! These features aren’t yet available, but should all be live by the time DAZN fully takes over on the 1st of August. You’ll also find that most historic games that currently only have ‘highlights’ available will update to have all the other viewing options (from what I can make out, the oldest historic games for 14/15 may not update to this, but everything else should)
??????: We will have to pay the £150.99 in one single payment, upfront, as this is the only option showing
????: Again, not true! During the course of July, the payment/subscription page should update to reflect the way in which you paid last season – but only if you have auto-renew turned on. This is also true for people who had mobile/essential last season (these plans are no longer available) – if you have auto renew turned on, you will only be charged the same as essential cost last year, £42.99 – but this only applies for the ’23 season for those who were on essential/mobile.
??????: Even if I cancel my subscription now, I will still have to pay the full amount.
????: Nope! As long as you cancel before July 31st, you will not be charged. If you want to cancel and are having difficulties, you can email help@dazn.com, or go to their website, scroll down and click help, then chat to a real human and ask to cancel (note, they’re only open between 1pm and 3am, and I’d suggest asking to speak to a member of their NFL team)
??????: I can only watch on 3 devices
????: No, but sadly it’s less – only 2 devices. You can be in two different places at once, but only within the UK.
??????: I can’t watch games in any other country except the country I signed up in.
????: True, for those of us living in the UK. Currently, if you are based in, and signed up in, the UK, you can only watch GamePass on DAZN in the UK. I was told this is to do with the UK no longer being a member of the EU (but, I was also told this may change in the coming weeks).
??????: I can only access my subscription and account information on the website, and not on the app, as I’m blocked by something asking me to sign up to DAZN Sports for £19.99/£99.99
????: At the moment, this is true. Hopefully, once the 1st of August rolls around, the app will know that we are all paid up members of NFL GamePass, the ‘pay wall’ will vanish, and we will be able to access our subscription/account information via the app. (If you want to access your account information, you will need to log into the website, go to ‘menu’, ‘my account’, ‘more on DAZN’ – most people are now able to view their account info here – but don’t forget that everyone will see ‘pay in full’ £150.99 as the only option at the moment, this will be updated over the coming weeks)
??????: I cannot watch on Amazon Firestick, ROKU or ChromeCast
????: Sort of not true. The error with Amazon Firestick should now have been fixed (if you’re still having issues, email help@dazn.com or go to the website, scroll down, click help, then you can chat to a real human between 1pm and 3am. Ask to be put through to someone in their NFL team). However, ROKU and ChromeCast are not included in DAZNs supported devices. See a list of supported devices (within the UK) here: https://www.dazn.com/en-GB/help/articles/supported-devices
??????: I cannot download games to watch offline
????: This is true, and doesn’t look as if it’s going to change.
If you made it this far, well done, I know that’s a lot of information to take in!
I think it’s safe to say there are a lot of teething issues at the moment as they are still working on the switch over. It looks as if (and I have been reassured that) all of these major issues should have been ironed out by the time DAZN officially goes ‘live’ as the sole GamePass provider on the 1st of August.
I know people seem to be getting a lot of conflicting information from agents on the live chat at DAZN – take it with a pinch of salt, they are extremely overwhelmed with enquires at the moment. If you do need to ask anything via the live chat go to the DAZN website, scroll to the bottom, click ‘help’, then a little pop up will appear on the right of the screen saying ‘Need Help?’ – keep in mind they are only ‘live’ between 1pm and 3am – you’ll need to navigate their auto bot first (easiest way I’ve found is to type ‘speak to someone’, then just select whichever options you fancy, then when you get connected ask to speak to someone in their NFL team). You can also email help@dazn.com although the replies on this can be fairly slow.
Another reminder – ??? ?? ??? ???? ?? ???? ?? ?? ??? ‘?????? ??????? ??’ ?????? ?? ??? ??? – This will ask you if you want to sign up for £19.99 monthly or £99.99 annually – this is ???, I repeat ???, for NFL GamePass, and is for DAZN Sports only. If you have done this in error, please email help@dazn.com and explain what’s happened, they will refund you the full amount. It’s hoped that once the 1st of August rolls around, DAZN are the sole providers for NFL GamePass, and they’ve taken a first payment from us all, this ‘pay wall’ should disappear.

Edited by TMWANG50
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TMWANG50 said:
From NFL UK Group

???? – ??? ?????? ???? – ??? ??? ?????!
Hopefully, below, you’ll find answers to a lot of the questions that have been knocking about over the last few days. If you have any others, feel free to ask, and I’ll see what I can do to help.
??????: Games will only be available for 7 days after broadcast
????: This is (??????????) not true! Games will be available indefinitely (to some degree, it appears to be about 8 years on DAZN, although some of the older games are only highlights at the moment), as was the case with the previous GamePass. There seems to have been confusion here as DAZNs own sports broadcasts are only available for 7 days.
??????: Games in 40’, Coaches film and similar will not be available
????: Also (??????????) not true! These features aren’t yet available, but should all be live by the time DAZN fully takes over on the 1st of August. You’ll also find that most historic games that currently only have ‘highlights’ available will update to have all the other viewing options (from what I can make out, the oldest historic games for 14/15 may not update to this, but everything else should)
??????: We will have to pay the £150.99 in one single payment, upfront, as this is the only option showing
????: Again, not true! During the course of July, the payment/subscription page should update to reflect the way in which you paid last season – but only if you have auto-renew turned on. This is also true for people who had mobile/essential last season (these plans are no longer available) – if you have auto renew turned on, you will only be charged the same as essential cost last year, £42.99 – but this only applies for the ’23 season for those who were on essential/mobile.
??????: Even if I cancel my subscription now, I will still have to pay the full amount.
????: Nope! As long as you cancel before July 31st, you will not be charged. If you want to cancel and are having difficulties, you can email help@dazn.com, or go to their website, scroll down and click help, then chat to a real human and ask to cancel (note, they’re only open between 1pm and 3am, and I’d suggest asking to speak to a member of their NFL team)
??????: I can only watch on 3 devices
????: No, but sadly it’s less – only 2 devices. You can be in two different places at once, but only within the UK.
??????: I can’t watch games in any other country except the country I signed up in.
????: True, for those of us living in the UK. Currently, if you are based in, and signed up in, the UK, you can only watch GamePass on DAZN in the UK. I was told this is to do with the UK no longer being a member of the EU (but, I was also told this may change in the coming weeks).
??????: I can only access my subscription and account information on the website, and not on the app, as I’m blocked by something asking me to sign up to DAZN Sports for £19.99/£99.99
????: At the moment, this is true. Hopefully, once the 1st of August rolls around, the app will know that we are all paid up members of NFL GamePass, the ‘pay wall’ will vanish, and we will be able to access our subscription/account information via the app. (If you want to access your account information, you will need to log into the website, go to ‘menu’, ‘my account’, ‘more on DAZN’ – most people are now able to view their account info here – but don’t forget that everyone will see ‘pay in full’ £150.99 as the only option at the moment, this will be updated over the coming weeks)
??????: I cannot watch on Amazon Firestick, ROKU or ChromeCast
????: Sort of not true. The error with Amazon Firestick should now have been fixed (if you’re still having issues, email help@dazn.com or go to the website, scroll down, click help, then you can chat to a real human between 1pm and 3am. Ask to be put through to someone in their NFL team). However, ROKU and ChromeCast are not included in DAZNs supported devices. See a list of supported devices (within the UK) here: https://www.dazn.com/en-GB/help/articles/supported-devices
??????: I cannot download games to watch offline
????: This is true, and doesn’t look as if it’s going to change.
If you made it this far, well done, I know that’s a lot of information to take in!
I think it’s safe to say there are a lot of teething issues at the moment as they are still working on the switch over. It looks as if (and I have been reassured that) all of these major issues should have been ironed out by the time DAZN officially goes ‘live’ as the sole GamePass provider on the 1st of August.
I know people seem to be getting a lot of conflicting information from agents on the live chat at DAZN – take it with a pinch of salt, they are extremely overwhelmed with enquires at the moment. If you do need to ask anything via the live chat go to the DAZN website, scroll to the bottom, click ‘help’, then a little pop up will appear on the right of the screen saying ‘Need Help?’ – keep in mind they are only ‘live’ between 1pm and 3am – you’ll need to navigate their auto bot first (easiest way I’ve found is to type ‘speak to someone’, then just select whichever options you fancy, then when you get connected ask to speak to someone in their NFL team). You can also email help@dazn.com although the replies on this can be fairly slow.
Another reminder – ??? ?? ??? ???? ?? ???? ?? ?? ??? ‘?????? ??????? ??’ ?????? ?? ??? ??? – This will ask you if you want to sign up for £19.99 monthly or £99.99 annually – this is ???, I repeat ???, for NFL GamePass, and is for DAZN Sports only. If you have done this in error, please email help@dazn.com and explain what’s happened, they will refund you the full amount. It’s hoped that once the 1st of August rolls around, DAZN are the sole providers for NFL GamePass, and they’ve taken a first payment from us all, this ‘pay wall’ should disappear.

No Chromecast, FFS :grr:

11 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

So buzzin for this season Hopefully my team (Bills) will finally reach the Bowl. I’ve got tickets for the London game too. #BillsMafia 

Sorry mate, it's the Jets' year*. #ganggreen

*If I say it enough, I believe I can will it into existence despite the previous almost 55 years telling me otherwise...

• Flames 1

So it appears that DAZN have taken £150.99 from everyone that had NFL Game Pass no matter how they usually paid for it. It’s upset a lot of people on the NFL UK Facebook page and on twitter. Some that have cancelled their accounts in the last few weeks have  also been charged. It’s impossible to contact DAZN. Their contact/help bot thing is not working on their website and their phone number down too. Not sure anything will happen. An admin in the Facebook group has been told the the NFL are unhappy about this and had a phone call with DAZN scheduled for this afternoon. 

23 hours ago, jambodinho said:

So it appears that DAZN have taken £150.99 from everyone that had NFL Game Pass no matter how they usually paid for it. It’s upset a lot of people on the NFL UK Facebook page and on twitter. Some that have cancelled their accounts in the last few weeks have  also been charged. It’s impossible to contact DAZN. Their contact/help bot thing is not working on their website and their phone number down too. Not sure anything will happen. An admin in the Facebook group has been told the the NFL are unhappy about this and had a phone call with DAZN scheduled for this afternoon. 

I tried multiple times to access the subscription section of the DAZN website after they took over Gamepass but I got an error every single time. However, straight after they took the money, it suddenly started working again. It's almost as if they were actively trying to stop people cancelling...

Not a problem for me as I wanted to renew but I'd be well annoyed otherwise.

Also, can't believe the Jets are playing tonight. Seems faaaaar to early to be football season! 

• Hmmm 1