IGNORED

NFL Season 2023

Dynamite Red

The Chiefs are slowly starting to fall apart and the cracks are now showing. The glory days are looking a little more distant after the 6-6 Bills put one on them, and after a game where they gave away so many silly penalties. Still they remain top of the AFC West, a game ahead of a fast-emerging Denver. Old Patrick will probably be glad they have to play three more games against teams at the bottom of their divisions. They couldn't, could they...?

Packers have come from nowhere to a win and in. J Love has really come of age this last few weeks and is easily looking the part. 30 TDs after 16 games with a limited receiver core ( injuries and experience) is outstanding. It's also better than any Bears QB ever.

If we beat the Bears and make the play offs a lot will depend on getting players back from injuries however I don't think this year will be ours. Next year though, we take back the North and the NFC. 

Hey Rams, you know what you did in the 4th quarter against the Giants? yeah, don't do that against the Niners. And by that I mean 'get in front, don't **** it up' not 'get kicked to pieces so the 4th quarter doesn't matter'.

We were written off after week 9, and busted our asses to get into the wildcard round. Let's keep this momentum, OK?

Edited by sephjnr

It really has been an unpredictable season - in a league where unpredicability is woven into the fabric. Several teams have had mighty swings in form and their paths to the play-offs have been in like kind. Perhaps this is the fruit of having an extra game season.

I can't help thinking the Chiefs are exasperated by their own failings - not that they have had many since Mahomes arrived - and are now tasting some reality. Another team I worry about are the Jags - Lawrence has improved greatly and the results show it, but I still think they have yet to realise full potential and can stumble. He was out this weekend but is reported as being close to return.

Love the play-offs, even before they start formally. Some teams have started to open the throttles and the pain grows with every down.

Meanwhile, the College season has passed the four-team semi-finals mark, with the big game next weekend. Next season they will expand it to twelve - seems a really good move.

5 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

You should try supporting the Jets...

Longest playoff drought of any team in any of the big four sports :grr:

It's all about expectations.

Jets have always been bad, just which version of bad. As for the yankees, truly a barren spell. Worse than the 80s=😅✅

On 04/01/2024 at 18:55, elhombrecito said:

You should try supporting the Jets...

It may not feel much consolation but the Pats are looking like they will undergo a metamorphosis. Once Brady left, it was only going to be a matter of time before Belichick was put under the squeeze. Is the dynasty about to crumble? Will the Jets revive with the AFC East now unclamped?

2 hours ago, Erithacus said:

It may not feel much consolation but the Pats are looking like they will undergo a metamorphosis. Once Brady left, it was only going to be a matter of time before Belichick was put under the squeeze. Is the dynasty about to crumble? Will the Jets revive with the AFC East now unclamped?

Unfortunately for the Jets, the Pats decline has corresponded with the Dolphins and Bills becoming two of the best teams on the league (oh yeah, and we're increasingly incompetent). I'd love to think that a fit Rodgers next year, coupled with our 2022 rookie class, will result in a successful season next year, but I thought something similar at the start of this year...

I'm resigned to the fact that I will never see the Jets win anything :crying:

Much to my surprise and delight to see the Packers reach the play-offs after a dismal start without Aron Rodgers. It took a few games for Jordon Love to step up into the great man’s shoes but he’s been very impressive in recent victories including the 10th consecutive wins against local rivals the Bears.

On wards and upwards!

• Sad 1

Hail Michegan! The Wolverines are the newly crowned college champions after beating Washington last night (this morning) in Houston, landing them with a glittering 15-0 record. A couple of breakout runs in the first quarter gave the Huskies a mountain they couldn't quite scale. A few ill-timed turnovers from battered QB Peniz Jr.  gave Michegan the chance to squeeze the opportunities for a comeback. Seemed quite a refreshing battle this season without most of the usual suspects. Next time the play-offs are going to be expanded, so that will be worth a good watch.

• Like 1

The Packers were tremendous. Jordon Love and Aaron Jones the two main stars who battered Dallas which sent shock waves thru the NFL. Such an unexpected win surprised even the most experienced pundits.

49s next - another really tough ask, but you never know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

The Packers were tremendous. Jordon Love and Aaron Jones the two main stars who battered Dallas which sent shock waves thru the NFL. Such an unexpected win surprised even the most experienced pundits.

49s next - another really tough ask, but you never know.

Even as a Bears fan, wow Jordan Love really is the real deal. Definitely dark horses coming with a good late run for the bowl..

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Dallas had the best defence of any team I have seen play the Jets this season, so for the Packers to score 48 on them away in the playoffs is just incredible.

Standard Cowboys playoffs bottle job.

Matt LeFluer and his staff deserve all the credit for designing strategies to overcome the NFLs best defence with so many different plays.

That win will send a loud message to San Francisco.

• Like 1

On 09/01/2024 at 13:00, Erithacus said:

Hail Michegan! The Wolverines are the newly crowned college champions after beating Washington last night (this morning) in Houston, landing them with a glittering 15-0 record. A couple of breakout runs in the first quarter gave the Huskies a mountain they couldn't quite scale. A few ill-timed turnovers from battered QB Peniz Jr.  gave Michegan the chance to squeeze the opportunities for a comeback. Seemed quite a refreshing battle this season without most of the usual suspects. Next time the play-offs are going to be expanded, so that will be worth a good watch.

praying big Jim comes to sunny LA to coach Herbert..