IGNORED

Jude Bellingham

Selred

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

I like the idea of England having internationals with continental club experience.

Learning from Kroos and Modric. Not bad!

4 hours ago, Leveller said:
Edited by Selred

13 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

More to the point: how can RM afford him given their debt? Another “loan” from the Spanish government? **** off

They have one of the highest revenues in World Football and cleared the decks in and out for a while.

While since I've looked at their accounts but Barcelona they are not and I don't even like Real Madrid. I suspect that their revenues etc and the profile of the debt ie over what time period should see them alright.

That said they did use an economic lever or two like Barcelona but on their case revenue or cash flow it's unclear. Unlike Barcelona they were turning a profit in any case.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

17 hours ago, spudski said:

Regardless of the money...going to Real Madrid is a massive cultural move. 

It's going to be a completely different environment to the UK and Germany. 

I actually feel for him regardless of money. Fair play if he pulls it off. 

Language, culture, history, politics, and so much more...even before kickin a ball. 

Think he's immersed himself in the Getman culture language etc so I can't see why he won't do similar in Spain. Seems to want to experience as many different cultures as possible whilst his stock is so high. He reportedly turned down much higher offers from Premier League clubs, so money doesn't appear to be his overriding consideration. 

21 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Think he's immersed himself in the Getman culture language etc so I can't see why he won't do similar in Spain. Seems to want to experience as many different cultures as possible whilst his stock is so high. He reportedly turned down much higher offers from Premier League clubs, so money doesn't appear to be his overriding consideration. 

Fair play to him...if he can enjoy it, that's great. 

The Spanish and Italian fans, media etc are far more intense than other countries. Definitely a goldfish bowl. 

World's his oyster.