IGNORED

Huddersfield v Sheffield U

The Gasbuster

Massive game for Hudds tonight.

Sheff U have probably spent a few days celebrating promotion, and with Burnley confirmed as Champions, they have little to play for.

I just cannot see Colin NOT getting the single point tonight that Hudds need for safety.

Reading to be relegated tonight ?

• Like 1

Agree, I somewhat expect Sheffield Utd to roll over somewhat tonight with a weakened team consisting of soon to be out of contract players they want to have a final look at, or to blood in some youth. If I was reading, I would probably be stewing, as I'm sure, that Sheff Utd wouldn't want to stand in the way of NW having a fairytale ending. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Agree, I somewhat expect Sheffield Utd to roll over somewhat tonight with a weakened team consisting of soon to be out of contract players they want to have a final look at, or to blood in some youth. If I was reading, I would probably be stewing, as I'm sure, that Sheff Utd wouldn't want to stand in the way of NW having a fairytale ending. 

The fans should be fuming at their club/board after getting more points deducted, they have nobody to blame but themselves to be in the position they find themselves in. 

• Like 11

35 minutes ago, TheReds said:

The fans should be fuming at their club/board after getting more points deducted, they have nobody to blame but themselves to be in the position they find themselves in. 

Agree. While it sometimes feels like one game defines your season, because you need 1/2/3 points and you don't get them, in their position you have to look at the 6 points and where you would be without the deduction. 

Sheff have nothing to play for, and while I don't think they will just turn up and roll over, I doubt you will get the fully committed side. I think even lacking that 10% could be enough and for me, it feels like a draw.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Do Sheffield Utd really want Neil Warnock to be relegated?

Sheffield Utd have nothing to bust a gut for, would’ve been different if the title was still a possibility or their place in the autos was under threat but it’s not.

Huddersfield are well worth a bet tonight.

I've had a couple of interest bets on 0-0 (19/2) and 1-0 (10/1) simply on the basis that if there is no early goal then the longer it goes on 0-0 will Hudds really go for it? If they go 1-0 in front then Warnock will probably use every trick in the book to try and shut up shop. An early goal could do my bets though.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

I've had £225 to win £100 on Huddersfield or the draw, I thought this was good value myself.

You want (or need) to get yourself on the Betfair Exchange. The same bet returns £135, or you could have staked £55 less for the same return you have.

3 minutes ago, TheReds said:

You want (or need) to get yourself on the Betfair Exchange. The same bet returns £135, or you could have staked £55 less for the same return you have.

£133 ish  profit before commission yeah, but I'm 40% premium Charge account holder, so wipes out a lot of it. Agree Betfair is good, unless you've made money on there. Then you get hit for it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

£133 ish  profit before commission yeah, but I'm 40% premium Charge account holder, so wipes out a lot of it. Agree Betfair is good, unless you've made money on there. Then you get hit for it. 

Can't you get an account from a friend you can use, I've been using a mates for the last 5/6 years with no issues whatsoever. Unless you use the same betting strategy and your betting would be linked with you PC account then I don't see how they could prove anything (use a different IP address/VPN etc). Yes it's a bit of a risk, but more than worth it I would guess.

1 hour ago, TheReds said:

Can't you get an account from a friend you can use, I've been using a mates for the last 5/6 years with no issues whatsoever. Unless you use the same betting strategy and your betting would be linked with you PC account then I don't see how they could prove anything (use a different IP address/VPN etc). Yes it's a bit of a risk, but more than worth it I would guess.

It’s a lot of hassle, a lot of trust in others and if you get caught, you lose the account, the money in it and with that the friendship with the person whose account it is. 

• Like 1

I’m a little surprised to see Paul Ince as one of the Sky pundits at the Brighton v ManU match given that the team he manages could be relegated tonight. Were I a Reading supporter (and thank God I’m not) I’d be more than a little peeved that his focus, rather than being on the club that pays his wages, is on his former one. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I’m a little surprised to see Paul Ince as one of the Sky pundits at the Brighton v ManU match given that the team he manages could be relegated tonight. Were I a Reading supporter (and thank God I’m not) I’d be more than a little peeved that his focus, rather than being on the club that pays his wages, is on his former one. 

He was sacked a month ago

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Is this a whoosh?

Paul Ince got sacked about a month ago.

8 minutes ago, Posset red said:

1-0

58 mins

GOAL Huddersfield 1-0 Sheff Utd

Danny Ward (58 mins)

Danny Ward's stunner rewards the Terriers' superb start to the half with what could be a crucial goal to keep them in the Championship.

Ward spins his man with his back to goal and curls an absolute beauty with his left foot into the far bottom corner from 25 yards.