IGNORED

Brighton splash 30 Mill on Watfords Pedro.........can they afford Scott as well?

maxjak

Brighton are so smart in the transfer market and often get the jump on other clubs, they have just signed Pedro from Watford for 30 mill ....so i wonder if they will go for Scotty as well?  It looks likely that a couple of their star midfielders could be going for big money, so they will have plenty in reserve?   They are always forward thinking, and at 19 years old, Alex seems a perfect fit to supply players like Ferguson and Pedro with chances?

They are in the Premier League and this season have already collected about £100m in transfer net spend. They reportedly collected another £20m(ish) in compensation for Chelsea's poaching of Potter. Selling Mac Allister will net them even more.

Yes.

Yes they can afford it.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

They are in the Premier League and this season have already collected about £100m in transfer net spend. They reportedly collected another £20m(ish) in compensation for Chelsea's poaching of Potter. Selling Mac Allister will net them even more.

Yes.

Yes they can afford it.

Isn't it incredible that Chelsea paid all that money in compensation for a manager that lasted 6 months and 31 games?  Far more money than sense, as is also apparent with their scattergun transfer dealings.........?

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yes.

Yes they can afford it.

And they want £70m for Caicedo as well, who Arsenal were very keen on in January. 

Just now, tin said:

And they want £70m for Caicedo as well, who Arsenal were very keen on in January. 

Even without that Brighton could buy our entire squad about 4 times over I expect. Ludicrously well run club that's milked every penny out of the Premier League and sucker clubs like Chelsea.

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Even without that Brighton could buy our entire squad about 4 times over I expect. Ludicrously well run club that's milked every penny out of the Premier League and sucker clubs like Chelsea.

Has the feel of Southampton to me,you can only buy well for so long and get decent managers in before it goes belly up 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Just seen that milner to brighton is on the cards too, that might be a swap for macallister, and obviously hes much older; but milner would obviously be taking up a midfield position which might affect a scott transfer?

Milner is 37, feels like a back up signing or making up the squad, all be it a good player. Scott would be seen as one for the future and could be eased in , while Milner is ready to go, for a year at or so least.

They seem in good shape financially . Looking at the posts above.
TV (£100M) , Net transfers (£100m), Potter + Caicedo (£90M) . Best part of a £300M War chest without doing too much.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Has the feel of Southampton to me,you can only buy well for so long and get decent managers in before it goes belly up 

Correct me if I am wrong but Southampton never made it into the money market that is the Champions League, once in, and assuming the good Management continues, they will be set for many seasons.

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Correct me if I am wrong but Southampton never made it into the money market that is the Champions League, once in, and assuming the good Management continues, they will be set for many seasons.

Just like Leicester!

oh wait…

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Umm no and Brighton won’t make it to the champions league unless you are thinking Chelsea and Liverpool will not spend again 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Umm no and Brighton won’t make it to the champions league unless you are thinking Chelsea and Liverpool will not spend again 

Europa League is within reach, they could still make Champions League, but Man Utd would have to slip up badly, but next year is part of the progression.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Europa League is within reach, they could still make Champions League, but Man Utd would have to slip up badly, but next year is part of the progression.

You think their better players will stay when the so called big clubs come knocking for them and offering double wages because they might play West Ham in the Europa league,really?

Edited by joe jordans teeth

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You think their better players will stay when the so called big clubs come knocking for their players because they might play West Ham in the Europa league,really?

You really don't get it do you?

4 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Just seen that milner to brighton is on the cards too, that might be a swap for macallister, and obviously hes much older; but milner would obviously be taking up a midfield position which might affect a scott transfer?

Possibly but two players at either ends of their playing careers. So Scott in to learn under Henderson and the rest being the star in making 

4 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Yep Milner swap for MacAllister, that is definitely the deal...?