IGNORED

League One final day

Lanterne Rouge

I`ve just seen the games kick off at 12. What time must any Morecambe fans going to Exeter have left this morning!

Ipswich are at Fleetwood too but at least they can have a weekend in Blackpool if they wanted.

Only one play off place still up for grabs but I can`t see Posh edging out Derby somehow - they have to win at Barnsley and hope Derby lose at Owls.

It`s a long time since there`s been four really big clubs in the play offs at that level like there are this year - it will be a very interesting one to follow.

Barnsley v Posh & Owls v Derby both on Sky.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Is the table wrong? Rovers made signings in January as part of their play off push, but they’re 26 points off Bolton in 5th who they play today? ?

All the sides above them have cheated by having decent players, managers and pitches and not having several players sent off each week. They have also no doubt cosied up to the EFL and avoided massive points deductions for rule breaking which has punished poor little r*vers who play the game fairly and never get what they deserve. It`s shocking really and needs to be addressed.

If I were them, I`d sue somebody.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Just no idea why the games couldn't all be on Saturday at 3pm but again Sky dictating to us when the games should be played.

It's not SKY, It's the others dictating. Don't forget Charlies special day had a significant impact on this round of matches. SKY do not have the ability to change fixtures but only to televise them. If then the kickoff times vary it's because to get the maximum out of the match for viewing and especially for those overseas and you would be surprised the numbers that do watch over seas.

• Like 1

• Admin
35 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Just no idea why the games couldn't all be on Saturday at 3pm but again Sky dictating to us when the games should be played.

Been the case for years that final matches don't clash 

Suits the armchair supporters 

37 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Is the table wrong? Rovers made signings in January as part of their play off push, but they’re 26 points off Bolton in 5th who they play today? ?

I assume the 6th richest club in the country must be in one of the auto promotion spots. That is why they aren't mentioned in the play off discussions.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

No way that is a red for Curtis Davies. At least two defenders between him and the line and he barely touched him. No wonder Derby are angry.

I thought he tugged him enough (from h/w line camera, also refs view too)…and then Johnson has a free shot, which to me is a goalscoring opportunity.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2015 said:

Final Championship games were scheduled for Saturday. I guess League one was always Sunday.

How has Lee Hendrie got a job with Sky (or anyone for that matter)?

Goes over to his game at the start of play and he says "They have literally just kicked off" the tv screen then goes over to the actual game and a huge 1 min 25 seconds on the clock and then he says "It's end to end here Jeff".

Over to him again "It looks like this goal is going to be chalked off", goes over to the game and they show a replay and the scorer doesn't even celebrate as the flag is up and knows he was offside.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

No way that is a red for Curtis Davies. At least two defenders between him and the line and he barely touched him. No wonder Derby are angry.

It's either a pen and a red (because no genuine attempt was made to play the ball*) , or nothing. I'm with you --very weak, City certainly wouldn't have got awarded anything there.

There goes my Peterborough/Derby double.

(Edit: *based on what the Sky sports commentator said - I'm not sure I should be taking notice of them though)

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, 2015 said:

The games were supposed to be yesterday but were moved because of some event in London