IGNORED

Stunned to see Celtic have won the Scottish premiership

maxjak

16 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Unlike German football where Bayern have only won 29 of the last 30 titles ?

False. Exaggeration for effect?

In the last 30 years Wolfsburg, Werder Bremen, Borussia Dortmund and probably others have also won it..

Just checked, others indeed have- Stuttgart perhaps not that surprisingly and Kaiserslauten probably more surprisingly. Some of them more than once the other 5.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

When I was at school you'd have Dundee United and Aberdeen winning the Scots League but since '86 nothing seems to have changed.

What I find odd is Celtic fans year after year always revel in the accomplishment of winning essentially a two horse race.    It's no competition up there but the fans at Parkhead party and indulge in every title success like it's the first.      The Scots Premier league is full on banality as as contest, it's virtually non-existent, but whenever they or Rangers win the league they seem to celebrate like Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing reaching the summit of a huge mountain. Got to admit, it's kind of bizarre.   ?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Unless you’re a Scotsman from Glasgow who else gives a shit? …………..:dunno:

Rangers and Celtic are the problem. Both clubs are far stronger than any other club in their league and one of them nearly always wins it. 

What irritates me is the acclaim that the winners of the banal Mickey Mouse league actually get coverage on national news………..:disapointed2se:.

The English Championship  is of far better quality  and yet rarely get a mention on National news.

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

52 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Unless you’re a Scotsman from Glasgow who else gives a shit? …………..:dunno:

Rangers and Celtic are the problem. Both clubs are far stronger than any other club in their league and one of them nearly always wins it. 

What irritates me is the acclaim that the winners of the banal Mickey Mouse league actually get coverage on national news………..:disapointed2se:.

The English Championship  is of far better quality  and yet rarely get a mention on National news.

What makes me slightly miffed is if you go on the BBC football fixtures list the Championship even comes below the WSL on the list.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

When I was at school you'd have Dundee United and Aberdeen winning the Scots League but since '86 nothing seems to have changed.

What I find odd is Celtic fans year after year always revel in the accomplishment of winning essentially a two horse race.    It's no competition up there but the fans at Parkhead party and indulge in every title success like it's the first.      The Scots Premier league is full on banality as as contest, it's virtually non-existent, but whenever they or Rangers win the league they seem to celebrate like Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing reaching the summit of a huge mountain. Got to admit, it's kind of bizarre.   ?

Rangers won 9 in a row before, the Old Firm dominance is very much a modern trait as you say.

Aberdeen and others won it in the 1980s but it's an increasing truth that in whichever top flight League, big money will pull the title towards it these days.

In their own different ways the wins of Leicester especially, Lille in France, then to a lesser degree Napoli this year and I guess Atletico in 2014 were fairly miraculous feats in the last decade but there aren't many, haven't been many.

From 2004-05 in our uber competitive League.

Chelsea, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man Utd, Man Utd, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Leicester!!, Chelsea, Man City, Man City, Liverpool, Man City,  Man City- This year still TBC.

Or put another way:

Oligarch, Oligarch, Biggest club, Biggest club, Biggest club, Oligarch, Biggest club, Petroclub, Biggest club, Petroclub, Oligarch, Fantastic underdog!!, Oligarch, Petroclub, Petroclub, Major but still well run albeit perhaps biggest with or behind the biggest club, Petroclub, Petroclub, This year still TBC

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Rangers won 10 in a row before, the Old Firm dominance is very much a modern trait as you say.

Aberdeen and others won it in the 1980s but it's an increasing truth that in whichever top flight League, big money will pull the title towardsit these days.

In their own different ways the wins of Leicester especially, Lille in France, then to a lesser degree Napoli this year and I guess Atletico in 2014 were fairly miraculous feats in the last decade but there aren't many, haven't been many.

From 2004-05 in our uber competitive League.

Chelsea, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man Utd, Man Utd, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Leicester!!, Chelsea, Man City, Man City, Liverpool, Man City,  Man City.

Or put another way:

Oligarch, Oligarch, Biggest club, Biggest club, Biggest club, Oligarch, Biggest club, Petroclub, Biggest club, Petroclub, Oligarch, Fantastic underdog!!, Oligarch, Petroclub, Petroclub, Major but still well run albeit perhaps biggest with or behind the biggest club, Petroclub, Petroclub, This year still TBC

The most concerning aspect to me is the insidious infiltration of the Prem by the oil rich Qatar' , Saudi's. UAE  so called companies, but really it's the Nation's themselves?   The spread of the Russian oligarchs has been temporarily stopped, temporarily?    Ownership rules need to be  reviewed and tightened, but the Premiership Corporation just sees everything in terms of the Great God money.   Meanwhile on here, posters seem more bothered  by a couple of Movie stars trying to revive a economically downtrodden area of Britain with a couple of million?  ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, maxjak said:

Well ...what a turn up?  Celtic have won their 10th title in the last 11 years.   Scottish Football is just so competitive.  Yawn.

It's a similar situation in Wales with TNS winning yet again. In England we know the winners will be from either London or the North West.

The real surprise this year has been Northern Ireland. It's usually one of the four Belfast teams who win it, but this year the ferry port town of Larne has won it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 22A said:

It's a similar situation in Wales with TNS winning yet again. In England we know the winners will be from either London or the North West.

The real surprise this year has been Northern Ireland. It's usually one of the four Belfast teams who win it, but this year the ferry port town of Larne has won it.

Larne won the title in Northern Ireland for the first time as they're being funded heavily (for Irish League) standards by the founder of Purplebricks who's from Larne originally.   

5 hours ago, pillred said:

What makes me slightly miffed is if you go on the BBC football fixtures list the Championship even comes below the WSL on the list.

That’s BBC thrusting women’s football into our faces. However for fans like myself who can only find time to watch one or the other it won’t make a blind bit of difference. This where the comparison of the two games, that followers of womens football hate so much, is fair. If you want to try and make womens football higher profile than the Championship or even League 1 for that matter, it needs to be better supported and better quality. It’s neither.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

False. Exaggeration for effect?

In the last 30 years Wolfsburg, Werder Bremen, Borussia Dortmund and probably others have also won it..

Just checked, others indeed have- Stuttgart perhaps not that surprisingly and Kaiserslauten probably more surprisingly. Some of them more than once the other 5.

whoosh - I didn't really think that Bayern had won 29 of the 30!!!