IGNORED

Panini Sticker Book

westonred

For those of you that collected the Panini Football Sticker books back in the 70's you were probably frustrated as you could never get a full set.. Well Panini have now brought out the complete sets 1978-1985 in an annual.  City feature in at least 6 pages as we were in the top division some of that time

Panini.jpg

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, westonred said:

For those of you that collected the Panini Football Sticker books back in the 70's you were probably frustrated as you could never get a full set.. Well Panini have now brought out the complete sets 1978-1985 in an annual.  City feature in at least 6 pages as we were in the top division some of that time

Panini.jpg

That's cool. 

I've got the World Cup version of the book. 

I've also got a complete original 1978 album. 

The prices of original early Panini albums with stickers are increasing yearly. Highly collectible these days. 

As are early football ' gum' cards. 

33 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

A quick flick through the 1979 album shows Gary Shelton at Villa, Russell Osman at Ipswich, Joe Jordan at United, Colin Lee at Spurs, Steve Ritchie at Aberdeen, Bobby Hutchinson at Hibs, and Tony Fitzpatrick at St Mirren. 

Probably missed some

Steve Coppell is in the Man Utd team but not sure we can count him

edit- found another, Gary Emmanuel at Birmingham 

Edited by ralphindevon

18 minutes ago, chowie said:

I didn’t realise people were still selling from that long ago.

I seem to have my elder brothers album from 1968/69 which only has 2 missing. George Johnston of Arsenal No. 6 and Denis Law Utd No. 162.

I’ve found George, who I can’t even remember, now I’m searching for the much more famous Law. 

• Like 1

A few years back we had an swap network set up at work, and you could see what swaps everyone had on a spreadsheet and then swaps were sent via internal mail!  So much easier completing a sticker album as an adult with cash and email! Probs not in the spirit though!  I heard it costs about £300 on average to complete a sticker album these days!

My first album was Mexico 86!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I seem to have my elder brothers album from 1968/69 which only has 2 missing. George Johnston of Arsenal No. 6 and Denis Law Utd No. 162.

I’ve found George, who I can’t even remember, now I’m searching for the much more famous Law. 

That won't be a Panini album. They didn't start until 1970/71

20 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Just be careful as some people sell versions cut out from an album (no sticky back) 

• Thanks 1