IGNORED

Playoffs

Super

442 running a story that if Luton are promoted Prem rules would prevent them from playing at Kenilworth Road without a £10M (ball park figure) extensive refurbishment and rebuild of a stand. The story however is lacking detail of rules to be complied with, which stand etc so I'm unsure if its validity. 

26 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

442 running a story that if Luton are promoted Prem rules would prevent them from playing at Kenilworth Road without a £10M (ball park figure) extensive refurbishment and rebuild of a stand. The story however is lacking detail of rules to be complied with, which stand etc so I'm unsure if its validity. 

Has been quoted in numerous media outlets, so is valid. Work includes updating media facilities including improved floodlights. Not sure if stand rebuild is mandated or would be undertaken to raise capacity. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

That is true yes, a Luton mate told me they went through the same thing last year, so believe the planning and work to be done is all lined up waiting for the green light. Areas for the press is one thing, obvs VAR is another.

16 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Yeah, this. That's my only annoyance that the arrogance of the Lansdowns and the criminal incompetence of Ashton set us back so severely that even with a hugely experienced Manager who I feel is the perfect fit for our club we've been unable to progress at a decent pace.

That said, it feels like we have come out the other side of that now and we are two or three windows away from overtaking the likes of Luton, Preston etc. Just such a shame we've had such a prolonged period of cleaning up mess.

I've got a good feeling about the future though and there's a strong case to be made that cutting our cloth as we have has provided us with significant value via the academy. In the long term I can see this transitional period being looked back on as the formative moment for us.

Trouble is, it requires patience and trust. At some point our fans will, however rightly, become fatigued by the process. Its why this season it's important to make a tangible leap in performance and/or results to reenergise everyone.

I think we will do that.

Our last 3-4 seasons summed up in 10 words.......................despite Pearson and Gould shovelling up a huge amount of his shit for him good old Steve still stated that we should have done a lot better last season and been challenging Millwall, Coventry and Luton. It's not far off #Gaslogic proportions of delusion to be honest.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-owner-to-make-decision-1701132

Bristol CITY owner Stephen Lansdown is flying in to complete the Championship strugglers’ chase for a new manager.

Lansdown is due to meet ex-Barnsley boss Mark Robins, 41, and will make a formal approach to speak with St Johnstone chief Derek McInnes, 40, in the next few days.

Another great decision by our owner. 

• Haha 1