IGNORED

Playoffs

Super

14 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Yep would love to see him score the winner!

Surprised by the positive sentiment towards Palmer, especially given how harsh we can be on some of our other ex-players.

For me, he's a player who lacked discipline and focus during his time here (and cost us a hell of a lot of money in doing it, though in fairness that's MA's fault). 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, gl2 said:

been to Luton 3 times and 1 of them was to the Airport, its a right hole BUT they deserve to win this just so they can get a decent ground.....not over yet and could go to et or pens?

pens then jammy Coventry likely to scrape through now....?

4 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Surprised by the positive sentiment towards Palmer, especially given how harsh we can be on some of our other ex-players.

For me, he's a player who lacked discipline and focus during his time here (and cost us a hell of a lot of money in doing it, though in fairness that's MA's fault). 

And was generally considered to be a bad egg in the dressing room. 

I'm surprised too. The guy costs us millions and genuinely didn't do bugger all for it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

How did he lack discipline ? 

9 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I thought his performances lacked a real consistency, but never though a lack of effort tbh. 

When we saw genuine good movement ahead of him in Afobe for that small period he flourished. 

As you say, was an Ashton/Johnson signing that didn’t quite work out, but was plenty of them. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Got any examples?

Think he was victim of being signed by a club that didn’t need him, didn’t know how to play him and gave him a 4 year deal to boot. Now doing very well with a club who actually wanted him, and knew exactly how to use him whose style suits him far better too. 

And I’ll say it again, boring I know, but did so much for us when helping out with food bank deliveries over lockdown. But I guess that won’t matter to a decent chunk of fans because he was on loads of money and it wasn’t plastered all over social media 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm surprised too. The guy costs us millions and genuinely didn't do bugger all for it. 

Think you are wrong in saying that . :whistle2:

2 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I thought his performances lacked a real consistency, but never though a lack of effort tbh. 

When we saw genuine good movement ahead of him in Afobe for that small period he flourished. 

As you say, was an Ashton/Johnson signing that didn’t quite work out, but was plenty of them. 

He was signed as the wrong solution to the wrong problem. He never really had a place in our squad, and wasn't ever really the tool required to fix the problem some at the club thought needed fixing.

It was a glamour signing that wasn't necessary.

• Like 1

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-kasey-palmer-bristol-25876933.amp

“Asked by CoventryLive if he’s pleased to see Palmer playing with a smile on his face again, Pearson said after the 1-1 New Year’s Day draw: “Very much so and look, he’s a decent lad. I saw his wife and children here today and yes, it’s good for him”

also states in that article that he isn’t a bad egg.

As we’ve seen with Bakinson, who was still our player at the time, if the player was a bad egg Pearson would tell it as it is.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

He was signed as the wrong solution to the wrong problem. He never really had a place in our squad, and wasn't ever really the tool required to fix the problem some at the club thought needed fixing.

It was a glamour signing that wasn't necessary.

Palmer has always been a glamour signing for whichever club he has played for.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Pearson said after we played Coventry up there that he'd never been a problem & was a pleasure to work with,  just didn't fit in to the style we played & he was really pleased he'd found a team that played to his strengths. 

• Like 2

It’s been done to death about him lacking effort . It’s bollocks . He was never the right player for us but he doesn’t lack effort . I think he lacks football intelligence . He should be reading games better in & out of position but he doesn’t . I said about him when he was here . He constantly looks like he’s still playing academy football . 

• Like 4

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-kasey-palmer-bristol-25876933.amp

“Asked by CoventryLive if he’s pleased to see Palmer playing with a smile on his face again, Pearson said after the 1-1 New Year’s Day draw: “Very much so and look, he’s a decent lad. I saw his wife and children here today and yes, it’s good for him”

also states in that article that he isn’t a bad egg.

As we’ve seen with Bakinson, who was still our player at the time, if the player was a bad egg Pearson would tell it as it is.

It was stated plenty of times he’s a decent lad . Some want to paint him as a bad egg with the . “ I heard it from someone itk “ ? laughable . 

• Like 2