IGNORED

Pre season Friendlies (Merged)

Topper 123

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

Why cant we play Newport and Swindon away and give fans a chance to go?

Can't stand the phrase Robins HPC ?

These are more training games than old style pre season friendlies. I'm sure last season we played 3 halfs in one game and changed the entire team. Its no longer for the benefit of the supporters.

If it gives us an edge then I'm okay with this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

£5 per game to watch the streams for the games played at the HPC. Seems unduly money grabbing as there's virtually zero cost to BCFC to stage these games - free for loyal season ticket holders would have been nice.

I've dumped most of my expiring reward points on these. I suppose it was better than joining more of the shirt (maybe remove the r) draws.

They could at least sell them as a package!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

TBH I lived in Southampton for three and a half years and absorbed the inhabitants' feelings on the subject of Portsmouth. ?

My Mum was from porchester(near pompey) and my Dad was from Plymouth.They met in Southampton so I don’t mind all 3 clubs really.I have met pompey lads at England games and on Shem tours when we played football against them in the morning (at my mums old school) before going to Fratton Park.(early 90’s)I would like to think I played like Alex Scott.

I don’t think they like the Saints that much either Red-Robbo. 
My Dad worked at Rediffusion in Southampton before moving up here to gods own country and his best mate (uncle tom) helped out in the dressing room ,running the bath and putting the kit out.When the Saints won the cup in 1976 he gave  a signed football of all the squad to my Dad for me and brother.Basically me and  my brother took it out into the road and the autographs went!

However in 1976 better happened! Plus I was only 6.

coyr

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

TBH I lived in Southampton for three and a half years and absorbed the inhabitants' feelings on the subject of Portsmouth. ?

I always thought the accent down that way pretty was funny. Danny Dyer with a south west twang

Mush

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

I always thought the accent down that way pretty was funny. Danny Dyer with a south west twang

Mush

There is a Hampshire accent that you sometimes hear in old codgers and people living on the estates who never leave Soton, but TBH most of the city has that sort of indeterminate south-east/London non-accent.  The same as the rest of Hampshire.

43 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

There is a Hampshire accent that you sometimes hear in old codgers and people living on the estates who never leave Soton, but TBH most of the city has that sort of indeterminate south-east/London non-accent.  The same as the rest of Hampshire.

I said pretty much the same during a stand up set when I moved here to Hampshire, lots of London overspillers here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexukhc said:

I said pretty much the same during a stand up set when I moved here to Hampshire, lots of London overspillers here

TBH Bristol is that way too, these days. The "non-accent" seems to infect everywhere south of Birmingham - and it'll spread north too.