IGNORED

Eliasson next season

3 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Eliasson, 19/20 season for us

3 goals. 12 assists.

I wouldn’t say 4 goals and 4 assists over a whole season for a winger is at all good. 

He only started 18 games....the rest were substitute appearances.  I think he did well considering how Johnson messed him around.  IMO he was never made the best use of.....due to poor management.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, maxjak said:

He only started 18 games....the rest were substitute appearances.  I think he did well considering how Johnson messed him around.  IMO he was never made the best use of.....due to poor management.

Do you mean Nic only started 18 games?

Edited by Wedontplayinblue

1 minute ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

How was he messed around? He was always played on the left wing not doing a lot,

Look at his stats since joining Cardiff, again the same drab for a left sided attacking midfielder, he simply isn’t a good player. 

Or is it bad management at Cardiff too?

Uh!.... You have your wires crossed?     Sorry,  I am talking about Niclas Eliasson................I believe your talking about COD?   Who wasn't so much messed about...... but  WAS more like   a complete mess?

3 hours ago, maxjak said:

Yes...if you look at the quote i am replying to .........it refers to Eliasson 19/20 season for us, 3 goals 12 assists........Doh!.

Sorry it’s why I changed my quote as i wasn’t sure, I also commented that 4 goals 4 assists were not good and that was o dowda .

I agree about Eliasson, I’m surprised no other uk clubs took him.

• Like 1

‘ 7 a side player’ . One of the few LJ quotes I could agree with.

As a more ‘mature’ fan I was brought up with wingers, clearly the game has changed hugely but they still have a place but nowadays mainly as impact subs when a team is chasing a game.

There are few sights as exciting as a winger taking on a full back and consistently putting in dangerous crosses. 

One that I remember from my childhood was Jimmy Johnston, a Lisbon Lion and a magnificent winger.