IGNORED

Vyner and Wells.......

spudski

Both these two have consistently excellent availability stats.

Pretty sure they were also the only two available for the entire season that halted for the pandemic.

When you look to construct a squad these two, Andi Weimann & Max (another with 46/46 availability) are invaluable. Andy King did so this season too, some effort at 34.

You can lose form & drop to the bench but being consistently available to choose is great.

• Flames 1

• Admin
42 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Who said Vyner can't pass.

Great season Zak!

(OK,OK, I know half of those are across the back 3/4 - but even then at least it's not a Kal Naismith pass straight to an incoming forward ?

On that point, I was interested to see only Nahki has a better Goal Difference whilst on the pitch than Kal. He may cost us a goal every so often but the implication is we score a lot more with him too.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ian M said:

On that point, I was interested to see only Nahki has a better Goal Difference whilst on the pitch than Kal. He may cost us a goal every so often but the implication is we score a lot more with him too.

He's very often the initiator of an attacking move. The guy who makes that pass to a player in space outside our final third, allowing us to get it up the field. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Oh, agree 100% - it's a trade off. I just have kittens whenever he has the ball at his feet within 20m of our penalty area!

And, seriously, it's why some players, whose game is all about the inch perfect passes for a striker to run onto, don't always feature highly in 'success' terms. Only one in ten may come off, but if that one in ten results in a goal!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Antman said:

Alex Scott leading the tackle count is an interesting stat.

IF...he goes, it means we need someone else in MF doing that job.

and that Atkinson stat is also interesting re Plus/Minus goals

As King will turn 35 in October, and James will be 32 when the season starts, it's fair to say, we definitely need an extra MF even if Scott stays.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

As King will turn 35 in October, and James will be 32 when the season starts, it's fair to say, we definitely need an extra MF even if Scott stays.

Totally, that’s Massengo’s replacement whatever happens with Scott.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

there's absolutely no coincidence that our poorer mid season form coincided with Kal's injury. He's absolutely integral to our attacking play no matter what position he plays because he breaks lines constantly. 

He's a brilliant player. 

Dataaaaaaaaaaaa!

image.png

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

On an aside I know Tommy got Golden Boot, but Nahki was top scorer in the league!

Would have been Interesting to see Tommy's final tally if he hadn't got injured and misses 3.5 months.

For me, he was looking a bit tired, and out of his earlier season form when the injury game. Not surprising when it's his first full season at this level.

40 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

51% creative passes is just orgasmic.

Side note, the 50% red line? I'm presuming that's generic, I always wondered if there was a way of highlighting the positional average or the best player for each line? 

They are percentile ranks not actuals, so the worst player is 0%, the best is 100%…the red line is just showing the 50% percentile rank.

Here’s Kal’s actuals for creative stuff:

image.thumb.png.534631d02833008a379d41938567554a.png

Heres a view of City’s central defenders across a selection of metrics:

image.thumb.png.8afb9d6301f22f841c09c25bdca5a2de.png