IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I think @Mr Popodopolous has posted before about an improvement in their position due to the work they put in this season?

And they have the £’s from Harry Soutter transfer, however, think only four of the team they put out last time are staying next season as they have loads on loan, so really need a rebuild 

7 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Is there any reason why Stoke would have a bigger budget than us? Their income must be about the same 

See my above posts. Mix of cutbacks and suspect practice that enables them to smooth the issues. Souttar, Collins profit all helps too, as do to a smaller level Bursik and then Collins sell-on.

Their turnover last year was similar to ours yes. Suspect practice still needs investigation and or referral.

I am hoping the small parts of this thread i have read are true, our Joe is coming home. Him and Korey were responsible for one of my best memories as a city fan and he was always a nice bloke when I bumped into him. Hopefully he comes back. Can play in front of Pring as well and left wb if nige wanted to play cam left of a back 3. Makes sense if his money isnt too high. Just watched the goal again, goosebumps

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WorleRed89 said:

I am hoping the small parts of this thread i have read are true, our Joe is coming home. Him and Korey were responsible for one of my best memories as a city fan and he was always a nice bloke when I bumped into him. Hopefully he comes back. Can play in front of Pring as well and left wb if nige wanted to play cam left of a back 3. Makes sense if his money isnt too high. Just watched the goal again, goosebumps

The fact that Nige hasn’t done the “I don’t like talking about other clubs’ players” gives me hope,

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The fact that Nige hasn’t done the “I don’t like talking about other clubs’ players” gives me hope,

Also he didn't shut the question down and was reasonably happy talking about 'another clubs player.'

• Like 1

On 06/05/2023 at 13:07, petehinton said:

This is a very different scenario imo. Seems like being back properly home with friends and family is the main thing he wants. 

His parents have been going over to Nice fairly regularly by all accounts. 

If I had a son living in Nice I suspect I’d be a regular visitor too!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

On 09/05/2023 at 10:21, Davefevs said:

Do you think this is a good move, tho'? I'm not sure, he's not the best defender, more of a wing back. Unless we were going to push him further up the pitch? 

4 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Do you think this is a good move, tho'? I'm not sure, he's not the best defender, more of a wing back. Unless we were going to push him further up the pitch? 

Might have left us being better going forward then sitting back but even if he hasn’t cracked into the Fulham first team he’s been there for nearly 5 years. He definitely would have improved in certain aspects of his game.

Imo he’s the type of player that play-off chasing teams need. 

• Like 1

I'm buzzing about the prospect of this. Announcing Joey would be a nice bookend to the season. 

He's not just another Academy Bristolian, he'd be a conqueror returning to his homeland and a shining example to the young talent in our squad, showing that the next level can be achieved with the right attitude. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Wonder why it didn't really work out for him at Fulham / Nice? Play off goals aside was he ever really first choice for them? 

I think they just progressed to a level that was too high for him quicker than anticipated. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Wonder why it didn't really work out for him at Fulham / Nice? Play off goals aside was he ever really first choice for them? 

At Fulham Antonee Robinson is simply better than him, happens to most footballers at some point.

He’s missed a fair chunk of the season injured at Nice, seems to be available again now, but doubt it was ever likely to be a permanent move anyway.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

At Fulham Antonee Robinson is simply better than him, happens to most footballers at some point.

He’s missed a fair chunk of the season injured at Nice, seems to be available again now, but doubt it was ever likely to be a permanent move anyway.

Shame for Joe , it’s so nice in Nice. 

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

No but look at the standard of player he was competing against. No disgrace in that.

We'd be signing a proven, top end Championship player if he returns. How many of those have we got?

Pearson has said repeatedly he's only interested in signing players who improve us. I'd say this signing would do just that. Certainly not a stockpiling for the sake of it/clubs in the bag type of signing.  

• Like 2

On 10/05/2023 at 12:12, Riaz said:

His leap, for a smaller player, is unreal!

He's a modern day Matty Hill or Tommy Doherty.  Springs in their boots.

And just typing the above and seeing that those players can be used in a "modern day version of.." comparison makes me fell very, very old!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

He's a modern day Matty Hill or Tommy Doherty.  Springs in their boots.

And just typing the above and seeing that those players can be used in a "modern day version of.." comparison makes me fell very, very old!

If you makes you feel any better, I’m old enough to have watched them too!