IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

Fair enough, although it's 'fewer' players, not 'less' ?, @Davefevs

I’m from a skool era that diddunt do grammer and speeling propurley

40 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

Personally, I'd like to see a little more background research to support your position on this

You bloody would with a name like Colombo ???

Just one more thing!!!

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Spoke to a bloke today who knows Joe's dad - he has had 4 offers of contracts from the Championship. Blackburn, Swansea, Hull and City. Joe knows its his last proper contract, so will obviously be weighing things up. I don't reckon its a shoo -in for us, but should hear within the next couple of weeks. JB is apparently pissed at Fulham, as he reckons he has been pushed out by the American owners who want Robinson in at left back. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Spoke to a bloke today who knows Joe's dad - he has had 4 offers of contracts from the Championship. Blackburn, Swansea, Hull and City. Joe knows its his last proper contract, so will obviously be weighing things up. I don't reckon its a shoo -in for us, but should hear within the next couple of weeks. JB is apparently pissed at Fulham, as he reckons he has been pushed out by the American owners who want Robinson in at left back. 

In fairness Robinson is a very good LB and has had a superb season.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, James54De said:

Robinson is a better player than Bryan. Thus he gets in ahead of him. 

I don't disagree with your opinion on Robinson and on that basis deserves to be Fulham number one left back.

But it wouldn't surprise me if the American owners ensured the manager knew their opinions. It's called looking after one's own!

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I don't disagree with your opinion on Robinson and on that basis deserves to be Fulham number one left back.

But it wouldn't surprise me if the American owners ensured the manager knew their opinions. It's called looking after one's own!

Might be wrong, but it seems a bit tenuous that despite being an American, that a manager is being forced to play him a guy born in Milton Keynes who has played at Everton, Bolton and Wigan. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Do you think Antonee Robinson is being picked by Marco Silva because Fulham’s owner is American?

absolutely not. 

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Or do you think it’s because he’s better than Joe Bryan?

For Fulham in the premier league, yes. 

I was being facetious Dave. Apologies if lost in translation. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Do you think Antonee Robinson is being picked by Marco Silva because Fulham’s owner is American?

Or do you think it’s because he’s better than Joe Bryan?

I guess, without much knowledge of either's abilities, that Robinson is better than Joe from the little I've seen of them over the past three years.

However my comments about the American owner is based on my experience of American companies and their American personnel, that they believe that they are so much better than any other country and it's people. Coca Cola and Gillette were ones I had dealings with at very high levels of management and they were particularly arrogant and demeaning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I guess, without much knowledge of either's abilities, that Robinson is better than Joe from the little I've seen of them over the past three years.

However my comments about the American owner is based on my experience of American companies and their American personnel, that they believe that they are so much better than any other country and it's people. Coca Cola and Gillette were ones I had dealings with at very high levels of management and they were particularly arrogant and demeaning.

Tony Khan who runs it is more interested in wrestling and the jaguars. I doubt he has any input at Fulham that matters

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I don't think it's restricted to Americans. I've never known a situation that's different to that, even if it's local like a London based company coming into a Bristol based company or a Bristol based company buying up a Taunton based company.

The bigger company/country always seems to be arrogant towards the smaller, it never makes sense - if they were so good they wouldn't have to buy the other.

On 19/05/2023 at 10:32, OneTeamInBristol said:

If a club only ever signed those players they would go nowhere. 

You can't just solely have young inexperienced players, you need a handful of them alongside experienced pro's who are much older.

A good point. And in the right positions too. Potentially (depending on summer business) we have a relatively young and inexperienced back line. 

Plus, JB is a pretty versatile player so could bring that experience to play elsewhere. 

• Like 1

On 23/05/2023 at 16:17, TonyTonyTony said:

Blackburn and Swansea would seem the better options "financially" if he is looking for his last proper contract.  

• Confused 1

Just now, LoyalRed said:

Blackburn and Swansea would seem the better options "financially" if he is looking for his last proper contract.  

Swansea have no Manager or Chairman either (if I've been informed correctly). Im unsure if their American owners would be dealing with player recruitment. That may be good for us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LoyalRed said:

Not sure I buy that based on last season’s wages for each club???

IMG_7455.thumb.jpeg.08540a9cfa52c02c272fd63a314c93da.jpeg

Can’t be definitive, because we don’t know what staff types / numbers are included in each figure, but I wouldn’t see either blowing City out of the water.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Not sure I buy that based on last season’s wages for each club???

IMG_7455.thumb.jpeg.08540a9cfa52c02c272fd63a314c93da.jpeg

Can’t be definitive, because we don’t know what staff types / numbers are included in each figure, but I wouldn’t see either blowing City out of the water.

It was actually aimed at league position / past position.  Blackburn are very close to promotion/playoffs recently as have Swansea, we haven’t. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

I did, more beneficial “as a last move” to get promoted and for that to happen, teams above us, especially Blackburn would be a better option at the present time. 

Ah. That makes sense ;)

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Ah. That makes sense ;)

Well yes it does, 29/30 years old, what team is the better option right now in the championship for getting promoted.  I wouldn’t blame him either, better for his career if he wanted the best last transfer possible, rather than to settle.  I personally would like him back but it can’t be an easy decision. 

24 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Well yes it does, 29/30 years old, what team is the better option right now in the championship for getting promoted.  I wouldn’t blame him either, better for his career if he wanted the best last transfer possible, rather than to settle.  I personally would like him back but it can’t be an easy decision. 

Personally, I don’t think either of the two clubs you mentioned are a better bet to get promoted next season at this point in time.

One is just about to lose their manager, the other just lost their main man for zilch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LoyalRed said:

I did, more beneficial “as a last move” to get promoted and for that to happen, teams above us, especially Blackburn would be a better option at the present time. 

I take your point but have you ever been to Blackburn? Its a bleak 5hithole of a dump with what looks like a large shiny blue and grey spaceship called Ewood Park landed right in the middle of it. Very depressing.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Swede said:

I take your point but have you ever been to Blackburn? Its a bleak 5hithole of a dump with what looks like a large shiny blue and grey spaceship called Ewood Park landed right in the middle of it. Very depressing.

But then it is close to the Forest of Bowland, Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District with Manchester and Liverpool not far away. He probably wouldn’t live in central Blackburn!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1