IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

10 hours ago, Swede said:

I take your point but have you ever been to Blackburn? Its a bleak 5hithole of a dump with what looks like a large shiny blue and grey spaceship called Ewood Park landed right in the middle of it. Very depressing.

Yes and the whole of bristol is full of aesthetic delights, such as southmead road, east street and who can forget a nice drive through hartcliffe?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Yes and the whole of bristol is full of aesthetic delights, such as southmead road, east street and who can forget a nice drive through hartcliffe?

But Hartcliffe nestles in the foothills of the Mendips.?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Because it's close to Failand and the training ground.

And a damn sight cheaper.

To be fair, Clifton isn’t far from Failand and is closer to the stadium too. I must admit if I was a wealthy young man I’d opt for Clifton every time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Keep the Faith said:

But then it is close to the Forest of Bowland, Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District with Manchester and Liverpool not far away. He probably wouldn’t live in central Blackburn!

Liverpool being not far away definitely isn’t a positive.

12 minutes ago, shelts said:

So are we thinking that joe isn’t coming home ?

No; the debate was he'd be better off at Swansea & Blackburn as they finished higher than us & therefore could possibly offer more in wages.

Unlike the majority of footballers [who can blame them] with Joe I don't think is purely down to the size of contract.

Fans tend to forget that it works both ways, I think of Sammy Smodics, for example who we signed basically as a stop gap or another "club in the bag" if we couldn't get KP45 and then really didn't get a look in and was binned off to Peterborough & then sold on very quickly. I think its turned out even better for him. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

Agreed Dave. McCrorie I'm less confident on.

It’s gone very quiet on that one, which I would suggest is a good thing. I’m sure we would have heard talks have broken down or something similar by now…

I reckon that one is done too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

It’s gone very quiet on that one, which I would suggest is a good thing. I’m sure we would have heard talks have broken down or something similar by now…

I reckon that one is done too.

Yeah, he got his little hernia op done….if he wasn’t off, a possibility he’d have tried to play through the season-split fixtures, and got it done when the season ended. 2+2=5 on my part, but James P is quick to dig around and dismiss rumours like Ben House, he’s been consistent in his “this one is virtually done”.  I think if there was any dependency on Aberdeen’s Euro qualification, then the rumours would’ve been less so, because they were always gonna get Euro Conference football next season….just a matter of whether they got seeded or not.

edit: rumours like this don’t tend to hang around so long without any foundation, let alone the sureness of it.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Leveller said:

To be fair, Clifton isn’t far from Failand and is closer to the stadium too. I must admit if I was a wealthy young man I’d opt for Clifton every time.

But you have to look after the pennies....there isn't a toll from Nailsea to Failand!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LoyalRed said:

Well yes it does, 29/30 years old, what team is the better option right now in the championship for getting promoted.  I wouldn’t blame him either, better for his career if he wanted the best last transfer possible, rather than to settle.  I personally would like him back but it can’t be an easy decision. 

If he had Middlesborough or even West Brom after him it would make sense if he went there but we're talking about Blackburn and Swansea.  Blackburn finished 10 points above us with a negative goal difference.  Swansea 7 points.  Blackburn have lost their source of goals, Swansea their manager.  Both have smaller wage budgets and smaller crowds.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Bard said:

If he had Middlesborough or even West Brom after him it would make sense if he went there but we're talking about Blackburn and Swansea.  Blackburn finished 10 points above us with a negative goal difference.  Swansea 7 points.  Blackburn have lost their source of goals, Swansea their manager.  Both have smaller wage budgets and smaller crowds.    

More importantly, he’s a Bristol boy and will probably prefer to finish his career with his boy hood club ??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

More importantly, he’s a Bristol boy and will probably prefer to finish his career with his boy hood club ??

Also from what has been said a few times by those who know him personally, he is a person who is very good at playing football yet who is not a football fan. Thus it's a possibility that he wants to live in his home city, play for City, yet will be able to prepare here for his future life after football.

Guesswork by me? Maybe.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Bard said:

West Brom are a bit up shit creek aren't they? Parachute payments gone?

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Also from what has been said a few times by those who know him personally, he is a person who is very good at playing football yet who is not a football fan. Thus it's a possibility that he wants to live in his home city, play for City, yet will be able to prepare here for his future life after football.

Guesswork by me? Maybe.

Oh well, that's it then, he'll be signing for the Fewers, how could he not, with their new stand, brilliant manager, done deal !

• Haha 1