IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Something that`s been bouncing around in my head since Saturday is that Joe would be exactly the sort of signing Luton will be looking for now...................................

:redcard:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Something that`s been bouncing around in my head since Saturday is that Joe would be exactly the sort of signing Luton will be looking for now...................................

I've thought exactly the same

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I’m not quite sure, Bryan was never good enough for the Prem & it showed whilst at Fulham (nothing against him, would love him to re-sign here this summer), think they are going to be looking at young players to bounce them back when they get relegated, or the other end of the spectrum of much older/prem proven players on one 1 year deals - something i can’t see Bryan accepting.

Edited by Mr Hankey
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

I’m not quite sure, Bryan was never good enough for the Prem & it showed whilst at Fulham (nothing against him, would love him to re-sign here this summer), think they are going to be looking at young players to bounce them back when they get relegated, or the other end of the spectrum of much older/prem proven players on one 1 year deals - something i can’t see Bryan accepting.

I hope you`re right but it`s been nagging at me ever since they went up. OOC, Prem experience, steady player with his head screwed on and probably still has a gaff in London. It ticks a lot of boxes.

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

I hope you`re right but it`s been nagging at me ever since they went up. OOC, Prem experience, steady player with his head screwed on and probably still has a gaff in London. It ticks a lot of boxes.

I know what you mean, but i have had a feeling that Luton were getting promoted for a while anyway, they were always going to win the play-offs in my opinion & i would of thought they would have made contact preparing on this outcome a little while back with players, but everything seems to point to this being a done deal - even if Luton were to come in late notice, i still don’t think Bryan would go. He’s had the Prem, had the season abroad, think he will be ready to come home now (?? crossed!)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

even if Luton were to come in late notice, i still don’t think Bryan would go. He’s had the Prem, had the season abroad, think he will be ready to come home now (?? crossed!)

That is so naive. He is gonna be signing his last big contract - a bottom prem side would pay him 30 grand a week. He is not getting that here.

5 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

That is so naive. He is gonna be signing his last big contract - a bottom prem side would pay him 30 grand a week. He is not getting that here.

Nothing naive about it, if he doesn’t come here then i won’t lose sleep, but thinking Luton are paying 30 grand a week for Joe Bryan is naive!

West Ham are currently a “bottom” prem side - if they come in for him do i think he will go there? Absolutely he will!

Edited by Mr Hankey
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

According to Kieran Maguire in the 21/22 season the average weekly first team wage at Luton was £6k. They run a tight ship, have to spend £12m on upgrading their stadium and will have a new stadium to pay for in due course.

They are unlikely to pay anyone £30k a week imo.

Nor am I convinced that Joe is motivated by money anyway.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

100% agree, I think Luton will take the money and run knowing there is a very small chance they survive next year. Reinvest it correctly into both facilities and players to elevate the club as a whole and have a better chance at getting back into the prem in the future. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George Rs said:

100% agree, I think Luton will take the money and run knowing there is a very small chance they survive next year. Reinvest it correctly into both facilities and players to elevate the club as a whole and have a better chance at getting back into the prem in the future. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they beat the record for the lowest ever points tally in a season in the Prem but will pocket ££££’s for their new stadium and come back in the Championship as a more attractive option for better players 

• Hmmm 1