IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

7 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

I was told the Joe Bryan announcement was today but apparently it’s tomorrow. 

Coincidentally, my local chippy has a sign in the window saying "free chips tomorrow" - its a sign I tell 'ee.

7 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I hope you`re right but it`s been nagging at me ever since they went up. OOC, Prem experience, steady player with his head screwed on and probably still has a gaff in London. It ticks a lot of boxes.

I seem to remember from an interview, Joe had a flat actually in Fulham.

Fulham > Luton is not an easy commute!

I actually think on a weekday rush hour, Bristol > Luton could be quicker...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, INCRED said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they beat the record for the lowest ever points tally in a season in the Prem but will pocket ££££’s for their new stadium and come back in the Championship as a more attractive option for better players 

Really? I don't think many premier league teams are going to fancy going to Kennilworth Road next year on what is a pretty crap pitch, close stands and I expect the fans will whip up a ferocious atmosphere.

I can see them getting. spanked a few times away from home, but I fancy them to turn over a few teams at home. At least enough to get more than 11 points.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Something that`s been bouncing around in my head since Saturday is that Joe would be exactly the sort of signing Luton will be looking for now...................................

I think Zac Vyner and Cam Pring would be more the type.   Very good championship players at a good age.   If they come straight back down they would be ready to challenge with a very similar squad to the one they had in the Premiership (Dyche's Burnley did this).  Maybe 1 or 2 who did very well would get moves but that would give Luton a profit.  Joe Bryan has had a go at that level and not really made it.   They might sniff around Leeds, Leicester or Southampton for 1 or 2 with decent Premiership experience.   I get the feeling they will stay up. They will probably have a few hammerings when they can't really cope with a top opponent playing well but when they are playing average to poor sides I can see them getting results.  

8 hours ago, grifty said:

Really? I don't think many premier league teams are going to fancy going to Kennilworth Road next year on what is a pretty crap pitch, close stands and I expect the fans will whip up a ferocious atmosphere.

I can see them getting. spanked a few times away from home, but I fancy them to turn over a few teams at home. At least enough to get more than 11 points.

Really?  I think all of the teams will fancy going there and spanking them

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 2

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Yes really,

Teams struggled at Bournemouth when they first went up,

The big teams and players aren't use to playing in these smaller stadiums with crowds in their face, and often struggle on there first visit

10 hours ago, grifty said:

The majority of Premier clubs have pitches at 7140 sq metres (105m x 68m). City is the same.

Fulham is Prem smallest at 6500 sq m

Luton is 6619 sq m (100.6m x 65.8m)

Note. These dimensions come from one web site which may or may not be totally accurate.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

The majority of Premier clubs have pitches at 7140 sq metres (105m x 68m). City is the same.

Fulham is Prem smallest at 6500 sq m

Luton is 6619 sq m (100.6m x 65.8m)

Note. These dimensions come from one web site which may or may not be totally accurate.

Sorry, I was referring to the quality of the pitch that they will cultivate for next season. As their game plan is hitting balls up to Morris and Adebayo and winning knock downs, they will make the pitch dry and bumpy to prevent teams playing a passing game.

Size of the pitch won’t make much difference.

3 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Fancying going there to spank them and actually going there to spank them is a different thing!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Yes really,

Teams struggled at Bournemouth when they first went up,

The big teams and players aren't use to playing in these smaller stadiums with crowds in their face, and often struggle on there first visit

Judging by Bournemouth's league positions in the prem, I'd say it's Bournemouth who struggled not the other teams

11 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Judging by Bournemouth's league positions in the prem, I'd say it's Bournemouth who struggled not the other teams

They conceded 28 goals at home and 43 away from home,

That's says teams did not spank them at home backing up my point

18 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Yes - at nearly 30, one last cosy pay day in familiar surroundings..

Exactly what we shouldn't be doing.

Jesus. By all means complain if this happens, but in the meantime please try not to judge JB by your own standards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Jesus. By all means complain if this happens, but in the meantime please try not to judge JB by your own standards.

I don't know which I'd more unlikely, that Joe Bryan is the type of character to do this, or that Nigel Pearson is the type of Manager to allow it to happen.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

They conceded 28 goals at home and 43 away from home,

That's says teams did not spank them at home backing up my point

I never said Bournemouth got spanked at home, and all you've done is point out that on average they conceded more than a goal a game at home, hardly a fortress that away teams of scared of, so you have inadvertently backed up my point, so thanks