IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

2 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Nonsense. That came from a Cardiff twitter account who had previously tracked a plane from Rennes, convinced it was a signing and it was actually a band playing in Cardiff. 

Yep that was my inference above, picked up from this thread:

10 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Wherever Bryan ends up, it sure as shit wont be Cardiff! They won’t be signing anyone from this division, maybe not even the league below. A dross of random crap from europe/turkey is where they will be shopping.

Who the hell is their new manager too. That club seems to be in disarray and it's wonderful. 

On 03/06/2023 at 12:31, 1960maaan said:

Absolutely. 
Was he the fire chief's favourite? All the rest called by surname and he gets his full name called . 

It was only when I counted the Firemen I realised that there were only 6.

He was the driver. Commands a bit more respect!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

They can, and they're about to announce a couple of marquee signings.

I don’t honestly see how they can afford any marquee signings.  Worth a look at the Championship FFP thread, they’re skint.

They haven’t even communicated their Retained List yet.  This is all we know so far:

image.png.39ffdaad98cd8c36679676f921028357.png

Hold tight James, patience required.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t honestly see how they can afford any marquee signings.  Worth a look at the Championship FFP thread, they’re skint.

They haven’t even communicated their Retained List yet.  This is all we know so far:

image.png.39ffdaad98cd8c36679676f921028357.png

Hold tight James, patience required.

Have a read of their press conference today - one of their board members said they're about to announce a player that will be a bigger deal than the manager they announced and he expects them to take up to 18,000 season tickets.

I'm not suggesting that's Bryan, but he said it's not the only announcement they have that'll excite fans.

I've just got a bad feeling, given it seems to have stalled from our end.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

Have a read of their press conference today - one of their board members said they're about to announce a player that will be a bigger deal than the manager they announced and he expects them to take up to 18,000 season tickets.

I'm not suggesting that's Bryan, but he said it's not the only announcement they have that'll excite fans.

Signing any Gas player would be a bigger deal than their completely unknown Manager.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo123 said:

Why do you think it had stalled? The French league finished on the weekend. He flew back to London yesterday. He will probably have a meeting with Silva in the coming days, if not done already and then I would imagine Fulham will announce their retained list once other conversations are had with other players shortly after. Then there should be some significant movement. Relax. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedEyez said:

Why do you think it had stalled? The French league finished on the weekend. He flew back to London yesterday. He will probably have a meeting with Silva in the coming days, if not done already and then I would imagine Fulham will announce their retained list once other conversations are had with other players shortly after. Then there should be some significant movement. Relax. 

Just rehashing what the Bristol Post have reported - they suggested talks were at a "delicate stage" now.

Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

Where is the evidence that anything has stalled?

See above.

I read that and just think waffle to be honest.

Unless this ‘Special Signing’ is Zlatan Ibrahimovic coming out of his short retirement how do they believe it will drive thousands of season ticket sales???

For a club in an embargo that only avoided relegation because of another clubs point deduction.

Cant see why Joe Bryan would go there at all. I’m more nervous about a Southampton or something similar going in for him.

Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

Right. No evidence of "stalling" then! 

They reported it was nearly done two weeks ago, then they seemed to backtrack on that.

To me, that suggests that talks have "stalled".

Time will tell - why does it upset you so much that I'm penning some nervous thoughts about a quality player re-signing for us? It's only natural if you care.

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I really doubt that many cardiff fans would get too excited about them signing Bryan. 

Lots of their fans seem to think it'll be Ozil by the sounds of it... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They reported it was nearly done two weeks ago, then they seemed to backtrack on that.

To me, that suggests that talks have "stalled".

Time will tell - why does it upset you so much that I'm penning some nervous thoughts about a quality player re-signing for us? It's only natural if you care.

Lots of their fans seem to think it'll be Ozil by the sounds of it... 

That's because Bristol Live is a shit website with even worse reporters. They need to keep the clicks going so a "will he? won't he?" series of stories is the only way they can think of generating those clicks. 

• Like 3