IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

1 hour ago, mozo said:

So (if true) he's either motivated by money after all, or if we're being generous, maybe he's joining a club like Leicester where he thinks he could acheive another promotion.

Either way, given he's got money in the family, money in the bank, business interests and was no doubt offered a decent wage here, I'm surprised the boyhood club and legacy factors didn't lure him here.

As someone pointed out earlier, this is likely his last big move and so would like the best deal available.   I expect he would have liked to have come home but if there is a better chance of earning more in the latter stages of his career and more chance of achieving promotion then most people would take that.

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Well there was a big debate on here about whether Joey even cared about money, and that might still not be the factor (probably is).

But yeah I can't take my red-tinted glasses off when I think about this potential signing.

Don't get me wrong, I'd quite like to see him back down here. But only if he's good enough and fits into the wage-structure. And more importantly, that he wants to be here. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Yeah hadn't seen your post ?. I guess that could be it. As a City fan, I still see us as the most attractive option even on a 1 year deal ?‍♂️

As a City fan, I still see us as " the greatest team the world has ever seen", but doubt that would make us the most attractive option for Neymar and Mbappe!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Tbf Matty James had had horrific injury troubles over years when we signed him too. I think you can’t disregard the former, ex City favourite who is absolute freakish athlete, with family very local and would fit our team perfectly. 

All we know (from Shags) is the deal is off.

Maybe it was JB trying to engineer a move back to City, something City were initially more than amenable to but have now concluded his freakish athleticism may have much diminished in the 5 years since he left?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I don't believe we only offered a 1 year deal. Nonsense statement to bash the club with. I say this with as much authority as the poster of the original suggestion!

I actually wasn’t bashing the club. At the end of the day - I’ve seen enough since Christmas to say I trust Pearson and the club to make the right decision this summer on recruitment (or at the very least see how things go rolling into next season before I start my one man Pearson out crusade) 

If it’s not to be with Bryan - so be it .

Edited by Andy082005
  • Like 3

I’m pretty relaxed about this.

I was (and still am) all for us signing Bryan if we can get it done. He’s proven, a top lad and a good player at this level. On the flip side, he hasn’t played much recently but I would be happy for us to take the risk on him, given the history.

However… having said all of that, assuming Pring doesn’t leave this summer we have a fantastic player in Joe’s best position already and this Brighton lad we’re in for is more the kind of singing I would expect us to be making. Young, up and coming, excellent season for Derby in League One and he would have far greater resale value.

I trust Pearson and Tinnion to do the right thing and will be happy either way. We’d all love to see Joe come back but sometimes the past is best left behind… 

COYR

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd quite like to see him back down here. But only if he's good enough and fits into the wage-structure. And more importantly, that he wants to be here. 

Definitely. But how could he not?! 

26 minutes ago, downendcity said:

As a City fan, I still see us as " the greatest team the world has ever seen", but doubt that would make us the most attractive option for Neymar and Mbappe!

And I respect them less for that... ?

Despite everything I said previously on this thread, I always thought Jack Brian (or whatever hos name is), was rubbish anyway, and that goal v Man U was clearly a mis-hit...

• Haha 1

Maybe we will see us reignite interest in Currie then. More potential for punnery too.

With regards to Bryan, I would have liked to have seen him back but don't see this as the end of the world. I didn't really see him as fitting the mould of what we need and I am not convinced he is the Central Midfielder that a lot on here seem to think he is.

Edited by marcofisher

3 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

So we are just taking what someone called BCFCshags as gospel then?

Genuine question as well, take it they are a well connected source?

Otherwise I’ve just had it confirmed that the deal is very much on, Joe will be announced next week

I think he broke something fairly left field not so long ago that came true. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ollywhyte said:

Otherwise I’ve just had it confirmed that the deal is very much on, Joe will be announced next week

But disrespectful that mate. @Bcfcshags has been right about a lot, ranging from highly unlikely team selections to the new kit supplier, and has fed information as soon as he has it. He’s as sound as an ITK as I’ve seen during my time on here and has only got one thing wrong that I remember (HWR playing Vs QPR). If he’s been steered wrong here then I’m in no doubt he’ll respond in the right way.

Not doubting your source, but wording it as “So we are just taking what someone called BCFCshags as gospel then?” comes across a bit needlessly confrontational 

• Like 7

I'm not as gutted over this as I thought. In fact given the amount of time since this story first broke and now I'm not sure Bryan has made any pitch time. He's not played a lot of football over the last two years and I think the club is probably being responsible offering a 1 yr contract (I would presume with an option on a second) as he wouldn't be on a low wage, and likely back up to Pring. If he wants to come 'home' and fits with what we are willing to offer, great. If he wants first team football, a decent wage, and can get a 2/3 year deal elsewhere then good on him. Doesn't tarnish his legacy here. 

Unless he goes to Cardiff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

not sure anyone saw this coming…

Edited by Fordy62