IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

Really not bothered.........he seems a nice guy, and he is an excellent footballer, but if he prefers to top up his bank account and stay abroad, good luck to him.  I  always believe that if a player does not to play for one of the finest teams in the league...........then we don't want him anyway?   Ha!.  He was always gonna be a bit of a conundrum, as to where he would fit in to our formation anyhow?   It's definitely his loss, and NOT ours.......money always wins over loyalty.

• Flames 1

22 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Really not bothered.........he seems a nice guy, and he is an excellent footballer, but if he prefers to top up his bank account and stay abroad, good luck to him.  I  always believe that if a player does not to play for one of the finest teams in the league...........then we don't want him anyway?   Ha!.  He was always gonna be a bit of a conundrum, as to where he would fit in to our formation anyhow?   It's definitely his loss, and NOT ours.......money always wins over loyalty.

Moving abroad and topping up his bank account don’t necessarily go hand in hand.

It is very likely wherever he goes next it will be on significantly lower amount than his current wage at Fulham.

29 minutes ago, maxjak said:

To be fair. It is their job. If someone offers you more wages then you will likely take a job with them. Just as you would in any profession. Good luck to him. He is one of ours.

3 hours ago, Mr Hankey said:

Smart man......made no real sense for him to come back here from his perspective (as much as we would of all loved it), i personally would rather spend the next few years abroad if i was him so can't begrudge that.

Would have liked him here...but a bit sentiment over sensible?

Besides not 100% sure of his commitment which doesn't suit Pearson's wants. You have to question why he has had so little games, perhaps South of France is great for someone who doesn't like football?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I do get the impression that this would’ve been a signing of heart rather than head. I also feel we had him when he was at his best, we know people tend to reach peak performance in mid to late 20s, however with Joe he has had limited game time combined with injuries, maybe he is past his best? There are ex BCFC players who I would take back in a heartbeat, the likes of Webster and Reid. Not JB, his career has stalled, perhaps a combination of injuries and mental fragility. Happy to explore other options.

• Thanks 1

I know JB has managed to get himself a bit of a reputation for making an agreement and then going back on it. That aside his ability to bang in a defence splitting cross is exactly what we’ve needed all season and we hardly ever turn game dominance into goals. Have always thought it’s wiser to never go back.

All that aside, I’m probably not alone in feeling a bit gutted that he’s not coming back. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Moving abroad and topping up his bank account don’t necessarily go hand in hand.

It is very likely wherever he goes next it will be on significantly lower amount than his current wage at Fulham.

Yep, but where ever he goes, it will be lower than his Fulham contract.......but if he is smart he will pay less tax by being abroad.  On this rare occassion i disagree with you, I believe topping up his bank account is paramount in Joe's thinking, along with enjoying a better lifestyle?

Edited by maxjak

4 hours ago, petehinton said:

How come?

4 hours ago, Jimbo123 said:

Is that with Roberts signing, or Joe not re-signing? Or both?

I'm relatively happy too.

3 hours ago, Riaz said:

Why?

You guys seriously mean to say that the hundreds and hundreds of posts I placed on here between the years 2015 to 2018 didn’t register with you ?

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Harry doesn’t rate him!

Is the correct answer ?

3 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Cos he never tracked-back! Drove Harry nuts. Plus, he's nice and read books, possibly (allegedly). I couldn't say.

I rather hoped Harry would've back-tracked on our Joe's relaxed attitude tward tracking-back, but it wasn't to be.

Not just his feeble efforts at tracking back sire. His inability to understand a defensive line and consistently play opponents onside too. 

I did laugh, and kept my powder dry at the time, but that first season he had with Fulham in the Prem was terrible. 
I watched Match of the Day every week knowing I’d see him involved somehow in Fulham’s demise. 
Sure as hec, pretty much every week he’d be lost upfield somewhere when he should’ve been back or would be 2 yards deeper than the rest of his defence playing everyone on. 

Decent player going forward but my god, I’m breathing a huge sigh of relief from a defensive perspective. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

You guys seriously mean to say that the hundreds and hundreds of posts I placed on here between the years 2015 to 2018 didn’t register with you ?

Is the correct answer ?

Not just his feeble efforts at tracking back sire. His inability to understand a defensive line and consistently play opponents onside too. 

I did laugh, and kept my powder dry at the time, but that first season he had with Fulham in the Prem was terrible. 
I watched Match of the Day every week knowing I’d see him involved somehow in Fulham’s demise. 
Sure as hec, pretty much every week he’d be lost upfield somewhere when he should’ve been back or would be 2 yards deeper than the rest of his defence playing everyone on. 

Decent player going forward but my god, I’m breathing a huge sigh of relief from a defensive perspective. 

That's why I didn't understand why he was always put in defence. I thought he was better in midfield

7 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Yes, on his instagram 

I wasn't sure if it was him with his ponytail.