IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

1 minute ago, Percy Pig said:

Thats a really good statement from Fulham there. Joe's a good guy. Still the slightest hope this gets done, definitely wishful thinking though. 

To be fair if he doesn’t get the required interest from European teams for his move abroad it seems we would be his no 1 choice. Obviously still a small chance but there’s a little bit of hope. (Or at least I’m trying to convince myself there is) 

4 minutes ago, George Rs said:

To be fair if he doesn’t get the required interest from European teams for his move abroad it seems we would be his no 1 choice. Obviously still a small chance but there’s a little bit of hope. (Or at least I’m trying to convince myself there is) 

If he doesn't see us as no.1 choice then I'd say forget it to be honest.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, M.D said:

I think Nige will feel the same....

Not really , think Nige is quite pragmatic about this stuff, Kalas is currently doing the same as JB in seeing what offers are out there and NP hasn't withdrawn his contract offer because he didn't immediately sign it. Once a player is here then he will be expected to give 100% but its only fair to allow them to make that decision

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Not really , think Nige is quite pragmatic about this stuff, Kalas is currently doing the same as JB in seeing what offers are out there and NP hasn't withdrawn his contract offer because he didn't immediately sign it. Once a player is here then he will be expected to give 100% but its only fair to allow them to make that decision

Except that Kalas is currently our player and Bryan isn't so it's not quite the same. It seems, if the information is accurate, that Joe may have agreed a deal then pulled out of it. Which wouldn't be the first time after all.

If he came back having failed to get a club abroad (and he wasn't a success at Nice so who knows) and tried to revive the deal because he couldn't get something better my guess is Nigel would give him short shrift.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Except that Kalas is currently our player and Bryan isn't so it's not quite the same. It seems, if the information is accurate, that Joe may have agreed a deal then pulled out of it. Which wouldn't be the first time after all.

If he came back having failed to get a club abroad (and he wasn't a success at Nice so who knows) and tried to revive the deal because he couldn't get something better my guess is Nigel would give him short shrift.

My take exactly.

BTW, love your profile pic, weasels ripped my flesh, Frank Zappa..

• Thanks 1

• Admin
19 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I guess that would depend on the communication along the way. You can still be respectful and say there may be a chance to expand your horizons abroad that you’d like to explore but if it doesn’t work out and you still want me, you’ll be my first choice.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I guess that would depend on the communication along the way. You can still be respectful and say there may be a chance to expand your horizons abroad that you’d like to explore but if it doesn’t work out and you still want me, you’ll be my first choice.

This is how I understand the conversations went. No hard feelings from us about him suddenly having the option to play abroad. 

28 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Fair enough, you may be right and it might be down to the order things happened in.

It still feels like we are a bit of a fall back for him but that may just be me.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, chinapig said:

He isn't really though is he? He's effectively a free agent in exactly the position as Bryan, as long as everyone involved is grown up about it there's no reason to throw the toys out of the pram.We will get to a point where if JB has decided to pursue other avenues we have to move on but comments like if we aren't his first choice then move on are pretty childish and not the way Pearson operates.

10 hours ago, Elruliri said:

If he doesn't see us as no.1 choice then I'd say forget it to be honest.

Yes, if we are the insurance policy then no thanks...

I'm shocked many on here would be desperate for him to sign under such conditions.

The rose tinted love in on here has been frankly ridiculous.

• Like 2

Bryan would be a great signing, however if it doesn't happen, then it's not the end of the world.

Pring should develop further this season, Mehmeti can play off that side and will hopefully bed in really well after a full pre season, and we have other options and formations that will work with the personel we have.

If Bryan does (re)sign, then it could possibly dictate the main formations and shape we will use, so as far as I see it, the signing has both positives and negatives.

If it happens great, if it doesn't, then it's not the end of the world.

He has only just been released officially. If he wasn't looking at alternatives to us, then some would be criticising him for not being ambitious enough!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Bristol Post I think

Well the BP 'understood' that to be the case and made an article out of it.

No facts, no quotes from JB (not surprisingly) or anyone else and nothing in there to confirm it was the case.

Just filler afaic, with nothing concrete to back it up.

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Well the BP 'understood' that to be the case and made an article out of it.

No facts, no quotes from JB (not surprisingly) or anyone else and nothing in there to confirm it was the case.

Just filler afaic, with nothing concrete to back it up.

That’s the terms they/basically any press has to use. They’re not gonna name people by name they have told them, and it probably would’ve been multiple people from varying sources telling them the same thing. 

Can’t really think of many/any stories in the recent past where Piercy/the post have got it wrong. Main one was Gregor with Korey Smith and that was 3 years because his agent was sick of Mark Ashton telling lies so wanted to throw a cat amongst the pigeons!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Percy Pig said:

To be fair to the post, they've been fairly decent with their sources over the last few windows. The Currie and O'Brien deals were played out pretty accurately in the pages of the post. 

They're never going to reveal concrete evidence/sources, either. That would jeopardise the continued use of any source.

Agreed, but many have taken that article as evidence JB wanted to go abroad.

They say (put forward the idea) that he has enjoyed his time abroad despite lack of game time and wants to continue playing overseas.

The BP followed this up by saying they understood there was 'a prospect of offers from abroad' and throwing in 'with a degree of interest emerging in America' -  vague to the extent it could be non - existent.

JB may or may not want to play abroad, but I didn't finish the article thinking there was much in it bar supposition, or that there was definite interest from abroad.

Sounds to me that City simply moved on when JB prevaricated for whatever reason and this interest from abroad the BP is surmising about is so vague there is a good chance it may not materialise at all.

4 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

I'm shocked many on here would be desperate for him to sign under such conditions.

Why is it rose tinted / ridiculous to want a player who would improve our team / squad?

Any other 29 year old, with promotion experience, and top flight experience here and France we ought to be generally excited about….⬇️⬇️⬇️

2 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

No player is ever good enough for us in your eyes, are they? 

And you've got the cheek to call anyone else ridiculous!! 

…oh yeah, but for some of our fan base nobody is good enough.

I remember Gary O’Neil signing.  It was like we’d signed him from the Suburban League to read fans comments on here.

So what if he was 33.  He was quality, better than any other player we had…shame his knee problem never got diagnosed.

52 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

To be fair to the post, they've been fairly decent with their sources over the last few windows. The Currie and O'Brien deals were played out pretty accurately in the pages of the post. 

They're never going to reveal concrete evidence/sources, either. That would jeopardise the continued use of any source.

When are people gonna realise that if they made up baseless shit, they’d lose their press accreditation at AG.  A Journalist in the football world (even if predominantly local), especially one as respected as James P, will have lots of contacts, inside and outside of AG, other journos, agents, players, ex-players etc.  yet we think they copy and paste OTIB.  Now that’s ridiculous.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Why is it rose tinted / ridiculous to want a player who would improve our team / squad?

Any other 29 year old, with promotion experience, and top flight experience here and France we ought to be generally excited about….⬇️⬇️⬇️

…oh yeah, but for some of our fan base nobody is good enough.

I remember Gary O’Neil signing.  It was like we’d signed him from the Suburban League to read fans comments on here.

So what if he was 33.  He was quality, better than any other player we had…shame his knee problem never got diagnosed.

When are people gonna realise that if they made up baseless shit, they’d lose their press accreditation at AG.  A Journalist in the football world (even if predominantly local), especially one as respected as James P, will have lots of contacts, inside and outside of AG, other journos, agents, players, ex-players etc.  yet we think they copy and paste OTIB.  Now that’s ridiculous.

“They get their stories from here” is a very common fantasy in football forums (fora?) though. I see it wherever I browse. Fans seem very vain on this point!

• Like 1

It’s pretty fair enough that Bryan is considering other options. If they don’t materialise then of course NP would still be up for signing him. That is literally how the transfer window works. There’s nothing to get pissy about.

The only issue is if NP feels we need to move onto other targets and that waiting for JB is too greater gamble. If we sign Roberts or Currie then that will put Joe Bryan’s return to bed - regardless if he finds a contract abroad or not. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

It’s pretty fair enough that Bryan is considering other options. If they don’t materialise then of course NP would still be up for signing him. That is literally how the transfer window works. There’s nothing to get pissy about.

The only issue is if NP feels we need to move onto other targets and that waiting for JB is too greater gamble. If we sign Roberts or Currie then that will put Joe Bryan’s return to bed - regardless if he finds a contract abroad or not. 

A younger player with genuine potential/room to grow/future profit is preferential imo than the sentimentality of signing a former player on his final pay day.

I'm sure the club have moved on from Bryan, and rightly so.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

A younger player with genuine potential/room to grow/future profit is preferential imo than the sentimentality of signing a former player on his final pay day.

I'm sure the club have moved on from Bryan, and rightly so.

The club will have only moved on from Bryan because he informed us of his intention to play overseas. You may have gotten the end result you wanted but it wasn’t because the club didn’t want the deal to happen. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Due to our position in the food chain, we are every players insurance policy. 

No doubt Dickie also explored if there was higher placed clubs interested before he committed to us. 

It's just how it is.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Due to our position in the food chain, we are every players insurance policy. 

No doubt Dickie also explored if there was higher placed clubs interested before he committed to us. 

It's just how it is.

And yet it was reported that McCrorie turned down higher wages from other clubs to join us.

It certainly seems that West Brom and Norwich, both bigger clubs than us, were keen yet here he is.

• Like 4
  • Robin 1