IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

11 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

First post of the thread. Heard he was signing late March.

I saw someone on Facebook last night say that they were in a pub in Clevedon on Friday speaking to NP, and he said Bryan deal was off.

So hopefully something's changed.

• Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

I saw someone on Facebook last night say that they were in a pub in Clevedon on Friday speaking to NP, and he said Bryan deal was off.

So hopefully something's changed.

Facebook and man in pub? The perfect source then!?

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

1 minute ago, westonred said:

Nige has always said he will never give anything away to the media until the player in question has actually signed so its highly unlikely he would tell someone in a pub

No, indeed….he’d never tell someone in a pub.  But he would tell someone outside Tesco Nailsea wouldn’t he @redsquirrel!! ???

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, westonred said:

I think Wes and Joe are just having banter with our fans winding us up and i still think Joe will sign for us . No one seems to know where this playing abroad rumour came from i think thats just a red herring and hope he will return to us

Everything I've seen about this I see as being based on speculation.

Joe being the type of person he is must have enjoyed playing in France (even though he didn't actually play much) and therefore would want to expand his horizons further by continuing to play abroad.

Even though his time in France cannot be deemed a success football wise and there is no real indication any such opportunities to play abroad are actually open to him.

If Joe indicated he wished to explore the possibility of going abroad before committing to City the worry could be that perhaps the main attraction to Joe of playing abroad at this stage of his career is lifestyle, and less a determination to achieve on the pitch. If City got a whiff of this in talks then whether these opportunities exist for him to explore or not the interest may have cooled on our side rather than his.

I'm only speculating as well of course but I wouldn't bet on him ending up abroad based on anything I've read.

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

Everything I've seen about this I see as being based on speculation.

Joe being the type of person he is must have enjoyed playing in France (even though he didn't actually play much) and therefore would want to expand his horizons further by continuing to play abroad.

Even though his time in France cannot be deemed a success football wise and there is no real indication any such opportunities to play abroad are actually open to him.

If Joe indicated he wished to explore the possibility of going abroad before committing to City the worry could be that perhaps the main attraction to Joe of playing abroad at this stage of his career is lifestyle, and less a determination to achieve on the pitch. If City got a whiff of this in talks then whether these opportunities exist for him to explore or not the interest may have cooled on our side rather than his.

I'm only speculating as well of course but I wouldn't bet on him ending up abroad based on anything I've read.

I guess in the bonkers world of football, you can be all set to join a club, and suddenly someone approaches you with something that might be more attractive.  You can then decide whether to explore it or not.

In fact, Joe did the same with Villa and Fulham.  Of course Fulham fans were delighted and Villa fabs made him the devil incarnate!!  That’s football.  Had he turned Fulham down, Villa fans would’ve possibly claimed they were more attractive.

Who knows what’s gone on here.

All most are doing is repeating what they’ve heard.  There are a few “man down the pub” stories, but even those are probably given in good faith and possibly just a bit like Chinese Whispers as they get passed down.  We can have a laugh about some stories, but it would be boring around here if nobody posted anything for fear of vitriol towards them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I guess in the bonkers world of football, you can be all set to join a club, and suddenly someone approaches you with something that might be more attractive.  You can then decide whether to explore it or not.

In fact, Joe did the same with Villa and Fulham.  Of course Fulham fans were delighted and Villa fabs made him the devil incarnate!!  That’s football.  Had he turned Fulham down, Villa fans would’ve possibly claimed they were more attractive.

Who knows what’s gone on here.

All most are doing is repeating what they’ve heard.  There are a few “man down the pub” stories, but even those are probably given in good faith and possibly just a bit like Chinese Whispers as they get passed down.  We can have a laugh about some stories, but it would be boring around here if nobody posted anything for fear of vitriol towards them.

I was going to post this a couple weeks back but didn’t for that reason ? but seems safe now that joey isn’t coming.

Was talking to a friend I hadn’t seen in a while and we are both big city fans and I asked him about what he thought about Joey coming home was. His response was to tell me his grandma’s friend’s neighbour is friends with Joey Bryan Sr and the transfer was 100% confirmed. Absolute boulderdash but did make me laugh.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

Right so we've had our three signings.... Bryan next as the cherry on top?

Any chance @Bcfcshags:D

Only way I could see it is if he signs to play CM. Him and Naismith two left footed CM options, be a nice balance.

I know your giddy for more signings but he's already said yesterday that he thinks this is a no go and that's why we're going for Haydon Roberts. I'm sure if he hears differently he'll post it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I know your giddy for more signings but he's already said yesterday that he thinks this is a no go and that's why we're going for Haydon Roberts. I'm sure if he hears differently he'll post it.

I'm only messing in fairness, I'm not expecting Bryan to sign anymore now Roberts has but sure we'd all love it (bar Harry).

I'm very happy with Roberts anyway!

• Like 1

JB wasn't too complimentary of the club after leaving iirc and it sounds as though he may have stitched us up a bit this Summer. Of course we don't know the whole story but something seems off. Shame this seems dead, would have been so nice to have one of our academy boys whose left for the PL dream choose to come home. Maybe there's more to it, but sad regardless.

• Like 1

On 12/06/2023 at 09:02, The hand of RO'D said:

First post of the thread. Heard he was signing late March.

18 hours ago, David Brent said:

It’s June and still nothing

Ah, but The hand of R'OD didn't say which year!

• Robin 1

32 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

JB wasn't too complimentary of the club after leaving iirc and it sounds as though he may have stitched us up a bit this Summer. Of course we don't know the whole story but something seems off. Shame this seems dead, would have been so nice to have one of our academy boys whose left for the PL dream choose to come home. Maybe there's more to it, but sad regardless.

Poncy little rich boy !

• Haha 2

From memory, someone I worked with lived near him in his final year here. I remember them intimating that he wasn't too bothered about City. Could be rubbish if course, maybe not too bothered isn't right but this was post January window- wasn't wildly passionate etc. Did be turn down a new deal here in 2018 or did I dream it?

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

From memory, someone I worked with lived near him in his final year here. I remember them intimating that he wasn't too bothered about City. Could be rubbish if course, maybe not too bothered isn't right but this was post January window- wasn't wildly passionate etc. Did be turn down a new deal here in 2018 or did I dream it?

When I spoke to him just before he left, he said he loved City, lot of affection for his home-town club…just wanted a fresh challenge (hopefully at the next level up).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1