IGNORED

Anyone want to feel absolutely miserable this evening (and all summer)?

Tbh is it that they are more overachieving outliers. They have overtaken many clubs but in different ways 2017-18, 2018-19 and even 2019-20 we could have maybe done better. We missed out on top 6 for various reasons especially in the case of the first two.

We are now on an upward curve and the financial problems have bottomed out. In theory we can now push forward. Then again I saw potential for us to be a bit of a Brentford Plus in the making so what do I know!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

TBF Luton probably would have been a solid League One/Championship but they got deducted -30 points twice which meant relegation. 

No ideal why it took them so long to get out of non-league though - think they lost to York x2 and AFC Wimbledon in the play-off finals.

Not sure how long Coventry actually spent in the lower leagues but still an impressive achievement. 

2 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

That gets said every year and almost never happens

Yeah I get that, but other than Burnley, who I think may do ok, but still can’t see Sheff United staying up and either Luton or Coventry, I’m not sure either

50 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

As many of you know, I have felt miserable all season. 

Cov and Luton making the play off final just just reinforces how poor we have been this season - we weren't even close to them. 

I’m sure that’s exactly the reaction the OP was looking for, relentless negativity.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’ve always said teams always end up where they’ve previously been. I found a news paper under some floor boards at work and was surprised how similar the league tables back in the 60s were to nowadays. That’s why I’m my opinion teams like Sheffield Wednesdays, Ipswich, Portsmouth will return to the premier league before we do. It’s not in our DNA and why it will take a miracle for it to happen.

Edited by Aipearcey
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh is it that they are more overachieving outliers. They have overtaken many clubs but in different ways 2017-18, 2018-19 and even 2019-20 we could have maybe done better. We missed out on top 6 for various reasons especially in the case of the first two.

We are now on an upward curve and the financial problems have bottomed out. In theory we can now push forward. Then again I saw potential for us to be a bit of a Brentford Plus in the making so what do I know!

I saw this posting and well what can I say, I think we both have an optimistic view that never seems to come true, as Judy once sang somewhere over the rainbow hopefully Robins, not Blue Birds fly.

5 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

People need to get over it. Rather than be frustrated that “the likes of” Coventry and Luton are in a playoff final, use it to motivate us. It can be done without parachute payments, and there’s no reason why we can’t be in the same position 12 months later.

By the way, for every team that’s overtaken us in the last few years, there are an equal number of teams that have plummeted past us in the opposite direction.

In fact all 4 teams in the playoffs had no parachute payments at all did they?  

• Like 3

We do now have to accept that either Luton or Kasey Palmer will be playing in the prem before us.

A bit of a stick to beat the club with because we say we can't compete due to parachute payments but with both cov and Luton in playoff final and teams like forest, Brentford, leeds, Sheffield United, Wolves, Brighton all getting promoted without parachute payments I don't see why we can't compete. Heck ever Barnsley have been in the playoffs recently!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Yeah I get that, but other than Burnley, who I think may do ok, but still can’t see Sheff United staying up and either Luton or Coventry, I’m not sure either

I don't disagree, or with your first post, but if they use the money wisely they have the opportunity for at least an extended stay further down the line. Burnley didn't spend massively (from memory) and built a reasonable team over 2 years for a longer stay, Fulham have gone for it but still have the fallback ob the better players that came in and the PP to carry on building. 
No certain formula, but getting there at least give you the means to make a better first of it the next time.