IGNORED

Massengo Contract

50 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

God Monaco have had our pants down if he goes back there for compensation only!

Essentially been paid for a 4 year loan without paying any wages either.

Crikey, that’s an interesting way of looking at it.  You’re right though!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Crikey, that’s an interesting way of looking at it.  You’re right though!

Maybe his development wasn't as expected, but they are still getting back a 21-year old with 100+ apps at a good level and is already incredibly familiar with the club. For a pittance as well. Not much to lose for them.

Edited by marcofisher
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Then he'll play 2 seasons there, win the euros with France and move to Chelsea for £20m as was always planned. ;)

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

On 16/06/2023 at 10:33, marcofisher said:

According to this tweet we won't get any compensation at all?

I mean I don't know how the whole compensation thing works and have no idea if this is correct or not but the thought of us getting nothing at all after buying what looked like an insanely good talent for a chunk of money is quite demotivating.

25 minutes ago, Spike said:

According to this tweet we won't get any compensation at all?

I mean I don't know how the whole compensation thing works and have no idea if this is correct or not but the thought of us getting nothing at all after buying what looked like an insanely good talent for a chunk of money is quite demotivating.

Bearing in mind Nigel Pearson said the reason we’d offered him a contract was to get compo, notwithstanding my understanding of the 2 compo scheme rules, then I’d suggest this is wrong.

• Like 3

The vagaries of semi-copy and paste!  Here’s Fab’s original tweet!!!

You don’t write “….have asked for conditions of the deal…” if there’s no compo.  Suspect all clubs are asking whether Massengo’s contract offer is sufficient to trigger the relevant compensation scheme, I.e. was it at least as favourable as his current contract.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bearing in mind Nigel Pearson said the reason we’d offered him a contract was to get compo, notwithstanding my understanding of the 2 compo scheme rules, then I’d suggest this is wrong.

Your bang on imo. Think they've not understood the process and reinterpreted Romano's tweet.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The vagaries of semi-copy and paste!  Here’s Fab’s original tweet!!!

You don’t write “….have asked for conditions of the deal…” if there’s no compo.  Suspect all clubs are asking whether Massengo’s contract offer is sufficient to trigger the relevant compensation scheme, I.e. was it at least as favourable as his current contract.

They don’t understand what a free agent is, it means he is free to move on, not that he can do so for free.

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

They don’t understand what a free agent is, it means he is free to move on, not that he can do so for free.

It’s not going to be much though, is it? In the overall scheme of things, not an amount that will make a huge difference to the decision for those three clubs?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

It’s not going to be much though, is it? In the overall scheme of things, not an amount that will make a huge difference to the decision for those three clubs?

Between 360k and 1m I would think, depending on where he goes.

9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Between 360k and 1m I would think, depending on where he goes.

Thanks - bit more than I'd imagined. Presumably the lower end is for Monaco/Frieburg (I know that's a fixed amount). I don't imagine that will worry them If the £1m is Burnley then that might affect how they view it.

• Like 1

Just now, BLRed said:

Wish this massengo saga would hurry up and get resolved so we can draw a line under him and move on

I don't really think it affects us at all. He has practically already left, we are just seeing what compo we get. As far as squad planning goes and impact on the team, he is not even a consideration.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, BLRed said:

I was thinking more from the compo point of view as it will be more for the coffers and would go a good way towards extra recruitments, especially if he stayed in England 

True. I think however our summer recruitment plans will be based off the previous assumption that he would be going back to the continent.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, marcofisher said:

I don't really think it affects us at all. He has practically already left, we are just seeing what compo we get. As far as squad planning goes and impact on the team, he is not even a consideration.

I guess if he goes to burnley and we get 1 million, that will make a big impact on our ability to get someone in, compared to the 300k we get if he goes abroad.

Just now, Simon bristol said:

I guess if he goes to burnley and we get 1 million, that will make a big impact on our ability to get someone in, compared to the 300k we get if he goes abroad.

I don’t think we are running things that tightly, but of course it all helps.

Its quite ironic that a Premier League, a Ligue 1 and a Bundesliga are interested (and Fab is as genuine a transfer rumour bloke as you’ll get) in a player that most can’t wait to go.

I’m gutted.  At 21, he’s just getting going in his career, plenty more to come.

Then again I’ve heard quite a bit of criticism of Alex Scott of late too. ??‍♂️

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think we are running things that tightly, but of course it all helps.

Its quite ironic that a Premier League, a Ligue 1 and a Bundesliga are interested (and Fab is as genuine a transfer rumour bloke as you’ll get) in a player that most can’t wait to go.

I’m gutted.  At 21, he’s just getting going in his career, plenty more to come.

Then again I’ve heard quite a bit of criticism of Alex Scott of late too. ??‍♂️

The extra million or so obviously comes in handy,, do you think if burnley was to be the club we have any power to add a sell on clause as part of the negotiations?? It would make sense that brighton did this with the roberts transfer, ie free transfer but with a clause on future sale?

id be surprised if we spent anymore money on fees now unless some more money comes in,,, do you think theres still some left in the pot?

19 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

The extra million or so obviously comes in handy,, do you think if burnley was to be the club we have any power to add a sell on clause as part of the negotiations?? It would make sense that brighton did this with the roberts transfer, ie free transfer but with a clause on future sale?

id be surprised if we spent anymore money on fees now unless some more money comes in,,, do you think theres still some left in the pot?

He’s not a free transfer he’s out of contract. There will be no sell on clauses or any bonuses.

it will be a fee paid for compensation 

20 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Stage 1 - clubs try and agree the fee / clauses themselves.

if no agreement reached,

Stage 2 - PFCC “Tribunal” decides fee.  Most published cases from PFCC show an initial payment / fee, plus the inclusion of appearance based add-ons, and a sell-on percentage.  Another reason to hope he goes to Burnley.

On an aside, they was a rumour that Anderlecht were interested in January.  I wonder if that emanated from recruitment whilst Kompany was still their boss???

7 minutes ago, Bourne End Red said:

He’s not a free transfer he’s out of contract. There will be no sell on clauses or any bonuses.

it will be a fee paid for compensation 

Are you referring to Roberts or Massengo?

If Massengo, please read my reply above.

If Roberts, as far as we know Brighton did not offer him a contract, so he has just left.  We should have no ongoing liability to Brighton.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Are you referring to Roberts or Massengo?

If Massengo, please read my reply above.

If Roberts, as far as we know Brighton did not offer him a contract, so he has just left.  We should have no ongoing liability to Brighton.

In that case I stand massively corrected, was sure sell ons wouldn’t apply. But happy to be corrected Dave.

• Thanks 1

On 08/06/2023 at 12:24, Mr Popodopolous said:

In a true central 3 I could see him fitting better than prior when NP wasn't confident in the 4-3-3, or when Holden and Johnson didn't 

However the ship has sailed unfortunately. No goals granted but his game wasn't really about that, assists yeah perhaps should have had more od these but to play in a 2 or a 3 with an unnatural 3rd player ie Palmer or whoever, can leave the 2nd true CM exposed and or unbalance the team a bit given the energy of Massengo. Way it is evolving now would have suited a number of the 2019 intake IMO. 

Problem is too many of the assists were for the opposition when he lost the ball in our half.

• Like 1