IGNORED

Massengo Contract

12 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

If not some debate some more analogys, these are great, they sound even better now, after the current quote speculation, anybody got any storys about living in Burnley?

You don't have to live in the city you work in........

HNM on Instagram:

'After more than 3 years in England, the opportunity arose for me to return to France and the 1st league with AJA. My teammates and I had a clear mission to maintain. We gave ourselves the means to keep the hope of reaching our goal until the last day. And although it ended in failure, I am proud of the efforts made by the team and everyone involved in the club. I especially want to thank you, supporters, for your love and support.

My Auxerre adventure was short-lived, but I took great pleasure in playing Abbé-Deschamps and defending the colors of AJA.
I will cherish the moments and emotions that we were able to share you and me. Wish you all the best.'

I still feel there's a place for him in the team.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, especially in the way it’s evolving.  Such a shame.

Sadly that ship has sailed. I never doubted his talent and I reckon things might have worked out if he had just joined us for the reason you give. Right player, wrong time.

I hope he thrives wherever he goes next.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Sadly that ship has sailed. I never doubted his talent and I reckon things might have worked out if he had just joined us for the reason you give. Right player, wrong time.

I hope he thrives wherever he goes next.

Im not sure, it was all very exciting signing a wonderkid from a famous club, but he had no love for us and it was a matter of winding his contract down to wait for something better to come along.. as a kante type player his work rate might allow him to do that role, but as a box to box midfielder he clearly contributed very little in terms of goals and assists, and then scott came along who is clearly far superior. Good luck to him, but hes one of the last of the mark ashton signings who we will have to give away and almost certainly will be at another loss?

2 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Im not sure, it was all very exciting signing a wonderkid from a famous club, but he had no love for us and it was a matter of winding his contract down to wait for something better to come along.. as a kante type player his work rate might allow him to do that role, but as a box to box midfielder he clearly contributed very little in terms of goals and assists, and then scott came along who is clearly far superior. Good luck to him, but hes one of the last of the mark ashton signings who we will have to give away and almost certainly will be at another loss?

In a true central 3 I could see him fitting better than prior when NP wasn't confident in the 4-3-3, or when Holden and Johnson didn't 

However the ship has sailed unfortunately. No goals granted but his game wasn't really about that, assists yeah perhaps should have had more od these but to play in a 2 or a 3 with an unnatural 3rd player ie Palmer or whoever, can leave the 2nd true CM exposed and or unbalance the team a bit given the energy of Massengo. Way it is evolving now would have suited a number of the 2019 intake IMO. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Saying he had no love for us is a bit harsh.

He absolutely adored Bristol, he had and still does have a good relationship with Nige, he had and still does have a great relationship with a number of the players. He always gave 100% for us.

He signed a deal for 4 years and in the first 3 years at no point did he want to leave, in fact he was asked if he wanted to go on loan to another club during Holden’s reign but chose to stay and fight for his place, which he got when Nige arrived.

He was only open to a move before his contract was up once Nige had made it clear, quite rightly, that he wouldn’t feature in his plans if he wasn’t staying beyond his contract.

He felt 4 years was a good length of time at a club and wants a new challenge and I must say if I was lucky enough to be a professional footballer I think I’d be the same. Try new things, freshen things up, a new challenge. It doesn’t mean to say I’d have no love for the clubs I’d served. 

• Like 14
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 2

On 06/06/2023 at 09:11, italian dave said:

Now there’s an idea……

Make players live in the place they play for! Prove they really do love the club whose badge they kiss!!

Wonder what the league would look like then?

Did you see Declan Rice kissing  badgeon  his shirt last night saying he loves the club turned down 200 grand a week eighteen months ago  what a load of bull shit by todays greedy players .

2 minutes ago, Cityboy1954 said:

badge on his shirt last night saying he loves thd club turned down 200 grand a week eighteen months ago  what a load of bull shit by todays greedy players .

Edited by Cityboy1954
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Cityboy1954 said:

Did you see Declan Rice kissing  badgeon  his shirt last night saying he loves the club turned down 200 grand a week eighteen months ago  what a load of bull shit by todays greedy players .

What?

He came through their youth team is their captain, but are west ham going to play in the champions league or challenge for a title? 

Some players believe it or not, want to test themselves in a different environment and actually want to win things ie the prem and the champions league

• Like 1

• Admin
3 hours ago, Cityboy1954 said:

I've been a bit confused by this all day after hearing the original interview, surely he's done West Ham a massive favour by not taking that offer yet still stayed with them? 

• Like 1

It was up to him to prove himself and unfortunately he let himself down , if he stays his attitude must change as with all our players, Luton showed these players it’s about sticking in attitude means a lot , players get one chance in football and if they don’t achieve ? every 90 mins , and let’s get it straight they got best pitches , training facilities, coaches , physios , these players today don’t know their born LUTON showed if you want it you galvanise and dig deep and get it , so back to player if he don’t want be Bristol City then **** off 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Monkeh said:

What?

He came through their youth team is their captain, but are west ham going to play in the champions league or challenge for a title? 

Some players believe it or not, want to test themselves in a different environment and actually want to win things ie the prem and the champions league

You couldave asked the same question to Man city years ago who knows whats round the corner ?

29 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Romano is pretty much always correct. Burnley, Freiburg and Monaco looking at him…maybe he is good after all!

Course he's a good player, he's 21 but already played 100 games in the Championship and half a season in Ligue 1.

Yet his mind has been elsewhere for a long while. Shame but we move on!

On 08/06/2023 at 18:41, Cityboy1954 said:

Most Players are anymore greedy today than they were 60 years ago, they get paid the going rate! 

On 08/06/2023 at 21:52, Monkeh said:

What?

Well that latest cup win by the Hammers not a bad start was it 

I don’t think anyone disputes he’s a good player, but worthy of even more money than he’s on now? Absolutely not. 

Id argue we haven’t missed him one bit since he’s been out the squad or disregarded tbh. Can’t really think of any games where I thought ‘would love to have HNM to bring on now’

• Like 6

On 06/06/2023 at 09:11, italian dave said:

Now there’s an idea……

Make players live in the place they play for! Prove they really do love the club whose badge they kiss!!

Wonder what the league would look like then?

Some villages In Cheshire would be in the Champions League.

• Haha 2