IGNORED

Wrexham

Numero Uno

9 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Yet you specifically said you cant be arsed to scroll through thousands of pages. Why not have a cursory read of the posts from the last few pages to see if there is anything of interest. One thread on Rovers is more than enough and easy to dip in and out of as it is only one thread.

So I have to read every post just in case there something new in there since the last topic was discussed?   

I'm just saying what is my preference.  And it's probably easier for the mods in that they have less merging to do.   

As I said before, I am probably in a minority.  

3 hours ago, CodeRed said:

We may as well,  all threads on OTIB sooner or later get hijacked by Robbored and end with a slagging off of Gary Johnson or a hero worship of Danny Wilson. ?

You may be on to something here. How about a RR thread where literally everything he posts no matter where gets yeeted straight to his own thread. Mods? Poll?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They have apparently made £20m in the National League albeit a season of significant success. A club the size of Ipswich and I assume Sheffield Wednesday didn't even post this in League One...very interesting?

May be Sunderland will have exceeded in League One but not many League One clubs won't and a few Championship clubs undoubtedly won't even match it.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

5 hours ago, Lrrr said:

It’s the various sponsorships, the tik tok one was apparently huge

And what does a streaming documentary pay? Not chicken feed I would guess. Reynolds and Mcelhinnie maybe minted but they aren't spending much of their own cash, and are adept at maximising their profiles. 

7 hours ago, Lrrr said:

It’s the various sponsorships, the tik tok one was apparently huge

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

And what does a streaming documentary pay? Not chicken feed I would guess. Reynolds and Mcelhinnie maybe minted but they aren't spending much of their own cash, and are adept at maximising their profiles. 

A sevenfold increase in a year or 2 at Non League? Or a rise from £6m to £20m in one season looked at another way.

Low base or not hmm.

Think their reported turnover has gone:

2020-21, Covid granted- £2.5m

2021-22, Very limited restrictions, Wales had some laat season iirc- £6m

2022-23- £20m

Sadly they seem to have taken advantage of the small companies exemption for last season (EFL can still see/inspect in more depth if needed) so not until the 2022-23 books appear. Breakdown of Gate, Commercial etc unless it's on their site.

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I just Googled it as I thought I misremembered , but this backs up what I'd seen earlier.

"Each episode is estimated to have generated around £430,000 for the club and its owners."

Not sure how that breaks down to Club profit & Owners profit, but that is some decent amount , 18 episodes Series 1 with S2 in the pipeline. If that is to be believed it's £7,740,000 . That's the wages covered then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I just Googled it as I thought I misremembered , but this backs up what I'd seen earlier.

"Each episode is estimated to have generated around £430,000 for the club and its owners."

Not sure how that breaks down to Club profit & Owners profit, but that is some decent amount , 18 episodes Series 1 with S2 in the pipeline. If that is to be believed it's £7,740,000 . That's the wages covered then.

Quick Google search said that was the profit for the producers, Disney.

Granted from last October. $400k per episode.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Quick Google search said that was the profit for the producers, Disney.

Granted from last October. $400k per episode.

I would have thought that there is a good chance that the owners will have either waived their fees or used it for further investment in the club and area. Those figures will be upfront too, with probably further residuals when they sell/syndicate the show to other outlets. Then there are likely to be additional sales of memorabilia and so on. And it's pretty much pure profit for Wrexham isn't it? A massive bonus for them

Apparently the show is in the top 3% watched shows in the US.

Just found an interesting site, this from September 2022.

FOR THE PERIOD 24TH AUGUST TO 20TH SEPTEMBER INCLUSIVE 
During the period, the followers of the Club’s social media have increased by 19.2% 
The Club’s retail website has seen 185,289 new visitors during the period, who have made a total of 3543 orders at a combined value of £290,170.
These amazing results do not include sales from the Club shop. When these sales are combined with the above, the receipts for the period increased to £360,000.
By comparison the combined receipts for the equivalent period, 12 months earlier, were £59,674.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Apparently the show is in the top 3% watched shows in the US.

Just found an interesting site, this from September 2022.

FOR THE PERIOD 24TH AUGUST TO 20TH SEPTEMBER INCLUSIVE 
During the period, the followers of the Club’s social media have increased by 19.2% 
The Club’s retail website has seen 185,289 new visitors during the period, who have made a total of 3543 orders at a combined value of £290,170.
These amazing results do not include sales from the Club shop. When these sales are combined with the above, the receipts for the period increased to £360,000.
By comparison the combined receipts for the equivalent period, 12 months earlier, were £59,674.

Rob McElhenney = genius, Wrexham will have a bigger worldwide support than any club if the programme runs for another couple of seasons.

Still sceptical about £20m though, the good news is that they can no longer post accounts as a small company so they will have to itemise ie Gate Receipts, T.V. etc.

Not a pure guarantee of course but arms length commercial revenue...I assume commercial revenue will be the biggest chunk of the income 

2021-22 accounts as stated by the club, CH rules means that they as I said only had to publish as a small company.

Screenshot_20230618-184805_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d7f3884dc6ec007d45f56a2ad93ee32e.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Still sceptical about £20m though, the good news is that they can no longer post accounts as a small company so they will have to itemise ie Gate Receipts, T.V. etc.

Not a pure guarantee of course but arms length commercial revenue...I assume commercial revenue will be the biggest chunk of the income 

2021-22 accounts as stated by the club, CH rules means that they as I said only had to publish as a small company.

Screenshot_20230618-184805_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d7f3884dc6ec007d45f56a2ad93ee32e.jpg

I could be wrong, but I'm sure I had heard the TikTok deal was high 7 figures, low 8 figures, remember being gobsmacked when I heard.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I could be wrong, but I'm sure I had heard the TikTok deal was high 7 figures, low 8 figures, remember being gobsmacked when I heard.

Maybe this gives a clue but it does say spread across a multi year period. Revenue recognition standards are surely that it is spread across the life of the contract.

Don't have a subscription to the Athletic but maybe this is it.

Edit, it seems not to be. All the same was this annual or over the piece?

Screenshot_20230618-205533_Chrome.thumb.jpg.643975cf63f5f9b472371c1c0102ac5a.jpg

48 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Wrexham on tour in USA July (well, where else would they go).

Playing Chelsea, Man.Utd, and LA Galaxy.

I was onboard with all what's going on with the club, but I can't help feeling its going to spiral out of control when they they stop winning. Will have to wait and see. The publicity machine can backfire spectacularly.

On 19/06/2023 at 12:32, exAtyeoMax said:

I was onboard with all what's going on with the club, but I can't help feeling its going to spiral out of control when they they stop winning. Will have to wait and see. The publicity machine can backfire spectacularly.

They have been very clever so far. The draw of Celebrity continues to grow and excite people yet baffle me, and people will follow the story with interest while there is a link with Hollywood. Reynolds comes across well, he is across so many things , has so many varied interests and works Social media brilliantly. But the big draw (and so money) is from America, I remember reading that Basketball was so popular because Americans have a short interest span so that could be a worry if it turned into a mid table borefest of a season. 

Of course , the difference is money. Even the Circus from the other side of the river went straight through L2 on momentum alone, Wrexham are rumoured to be bringing in £20M a year in revenue ! 
I have seen them linked with Championship players, they signed Will Boyle from Huddersfield , though many of their recent signings should be good enough to compete at that level.  

I've enjoyed the series, it's been a massive boost to the Club, but how many more can they squeeze out ? In a couple of years they will probably be back to being a "normal" Club, but they could have built their fanbase back up. Also with raised profile will probably get new owners out of it so long term they should be ok for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

Well, where were the UK members when they were doing ****? Can't complain now. 

You could say the same about any club who’ve come up through the leagues, except those clubs then didn’t limit tickets for UK based fans who could be future season ticket holders for them 

49 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Wrexham are rumoured to be bringing in £20M a year in revenue ! 

Their last accounts (for the 2021/22 season) are accounts for a small company. In that season turnover was £5.9m and they still made a loss of £2.9m. 

That's a staggering loss for a NL club. 

Next accounts aren't due until March 2024 so it will be a while until we know for certain. They do note that the "positive impact of the Welcome to Wrexham documentary will be reflected in the next set of financial statements". However an increase in turnover of more than 200% to >£20m would be incredible if achieved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lrrr said:

So tickets to Wrexham’s first games of the season are sold out to ‘uk members’ but some tickets remain for ‘international members’ 

really…..

Only 75 tickets are available per game for "international members". It's not a big deal.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Their last accounts (for the 2021/22 season) are accounts for a small company. In that season turnover was £5.9m and they still made a loss of £2.9m. 

That's a staggering loss for a NL club. 

Next accounts aren't due until March 2024 so it will be a while until we know for certain. They do note that the "positive impact of the Welcome to Wrexham documentary will be reflected in the next set of financial statements". However an increase in turnover of more than 200% to >£20m would be incredible if achieved.

It is ridiculous , but with the TikTok, Expedia, Aviation American Gin, Vistaprint sponsorship and its Disney series ( still seeing figures of around £400k per episode ) , then the new upgraded Sponsorship by United Airlines and smaller sponsors (  STōK Cold Brew Coffee as the stadium sponsor and Betty Buzz, actor Blake Lively (Reynolds’s wife,  as its official training kit sponsor. ) who knows.

I've tried to find figures to back up the £20M, but it's hard. If there are another 18 episodes in series 2 with Disney and the figures I quoted are right , that's over £7m alone . STöK , although I've never heard of them , are the biggest company of it's sort in America . They have the Stadium naming rights it seems, so I imagine that was worth a fair bit. The £20m might be an exaggeration , but maybe not by much. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

It is ridiculous , but with the TikTok, Expedia, Aviation American Gin, Vistaprint sponsorship and its Disney series ( still seeing figures of around £400k per episode ) , then the new upgraded Sponsorship by United Airlines and smaller sponsors (  STōK Cold Brew Coffee as the stadium sponsor and Betty Buzz, actor Blake Lively (Reynolds’s wife,  as its official training kit sponsor. ) who knows.

I've tried to find figures to back up the £20M, but it's hard. If there are another 18 episodes in series 2 with Disney and the figures I quoted are right , that's over £7m alone . STöK , although I've never heard of them , are the biggest company of it's sort in America . They have the Stadium naming rights it seems, so I imagine that was worth a fair bit. The £20m might be an exaggeration , but maybe not by much. 

Well I hope that's all been negotiated at arm's length and fair market value. 

Interesting, I've not been hugely engaged with it tbh. Started watching the documentary but couldn't get past some of the parts tailored to the US market. Just found plenty else I'd rather watch.

If they've got turnover of £20m in League 2 then they'll be out of there before they know it. £20m is more than some clubs in our division turnover.

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Well I hope that's all been negotiated at arm's length and fair market value. 

Interesting, I've not been hugely engaged with it tbh. Started watching the documentary but couldn't get past some of the parts tailored to the US market. Just found plenty else I'd rather watch.

If they've got turnover of £20m in League 2 then they'll be out of there before they know it. £20m is more than some clubs in our division turnover.

£20m in the Conference even so it could rise further.

Arms length and fair value tests feel a must here.

• Like 1