IGNORED

Hearts v Hibs

sglosbcfc

I really liked LJ and what he was trying to achieve here but the more I listen to his interviews the more I prefer big Nige's clear, no nonsense, taking no prisoner approach which is very refreshing.

I think LJ must love waffles for breakfast. 

• Sad 1

All in all it was a good season for LJ and for Hibs. 
They finished 8th last year and he’s come in and taken them to 5th and likely back in to Europe. 
That would have no doubt been the pre season desire. 
Shame they couldn’t beat Hearts away on the last day to secure 4th but if you’d have offered Hibs the chance to be competing for 4th place on the final day and European qualification they’d have gladly accepted that back in August. 

• Like 2

• Admin
13 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Not having to hear from him every week is a wonderful thing isn’t it.

I blame the red arrows 

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I like the way Lee says - it was all a bit my dad is bigger than your dad- I’m not sure Lee’s dad can be bigger than many people’s dad’s.

Apparently he's got a bit of a reputation in Plymouth 

2 hours ago, Harry said:

They finished 8th last year and he’s come in and taken them to 5th and likely back in to Europe. 
Shame they couldn’t beat Hearts away on the last day to secure 4th but if you’d have offered Hibs the chance to be competing for 4th place on the final day and European qualification they’d have gladly accepted that back in August. 

And 3rd the year before that !  ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harry said:

They finished 8th last year and he’s come in and taken them to 5th and likely back in to Europe. 

Assuming Celtic win the cup next weekend, Hibs will get into Europe anyway, though I think a round or two earlier than they would have done if they'd finished 4th.

4 hours ago, Harry said:

I agree Harry, most Hibs fans would have accepted 5th this season. However, the pressure will be on next season to improve (3rd or 4th the target). 3rd guarantees group stage European football and 4th means you are in at the later qualifying stages. There will also be an expectation that Hibs make a domestic semi final as a minimum. Johnno won't be expected to challenge the Old Firm, but there will be an expectation that he will challenge Hearts and Aberdeen for the best of the rest.

3 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

I agree Harry, most Hibs fans would have accepted 5th this season. However, the pressure will be on next season to improve (3rd or 4th the target). 3rd guarantees group stage European football and 4th means you are in at the later qualifying stages. There will also be an expectation that Hibs make a domestic semi final as a minimum. Johnno won't be expected to challenge the Old Firm, but there will be an expectation that he will challenge Hearts and Aberdeen for the best of the rest.

Having read their forum a fair bit this season the main aim seems to be finishing ahead of Hearts!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Having read their forum a fair bit this season the main aim seems to be finishing ahead of Hearts!

Of course, and if they achieve 3rd place they would be above Hearts. It will be interesting to see how the increased chances of European football (and increased revenue) for teams as low as 4th and 5th affects smaller leagues like Scotland. At present Celtic and Rangers are financially streets ahead of the rest, followed by the 'City' clubs of Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen. In theory, the European Conference League etc should allow for Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen to pull further away from the next rung of clubs (Dundee, Dundee Utd, Motherwell, St Mirren etc).

• Like 1