Jump to content
IGNORED

New signings ?


Recommended Posts

Quite right.

Really disappointed that it's midday on 1st June and we haven't had at least 6 new experienced, championship quality signings, costing a minimum of £5m each, up on the Lansdown roof.

Really - get a grip!

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Quite right.

Really disappointed that it's midday on 1st June and we haven't had at least 6 new experienced, championship quality signings, costing a minimum of £5m each, up on the Lansdown roof.

Really - get a grip!

Get a grip….it’s still May. ???

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Get a grip….it’s still May. ???

I've travelled down from Lincolnshire to the grandkids in Wiltshire so am in a different time zone - by about 70 years! :)

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've known for some time Bryan and McCrorie are very likely signings so the surprise now would be if they don't sign.

Tinman said we'd be looking to sign experienced but still young lower league players, and interestingly these 2 and O'Brien don't fit the bill so presumably we're aiming to sign several lower league improvers as well.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

The club cannot do anything they promise it seems we will be left clutching at the dross that teams DONT WANT

That genuinely made me laugh.

Best overreaction in ages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Blackburn got a good player there on a free in Ennis.

I guess we are gonna find out.  I quite like him, but it will be interesting to see his role and fit with Szmodics and Gallagher now Brereton-Diaz is gone.  Big boots to fill, goals to replace.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that we were going to make early signings presumably because we knew who we were after ? The club cannot do anything they promise it seems we will be left clutching at the dross that teams DONT WANT 

To win the transfer window panic trophy you have to say:

1. You want 'marquee' signings and

2. Everybody else has signed loads of players (while ignoring the kind of factual stuff @Davefevshas posted of course).

C- must try harder.?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that we were going to make early signings presumably because we knew who we were after ? The club cannot do anything they promise it seems we will be left clutching at the dross that teams DONT WANT 

Transfer window isn’t even open yet ! Bloody hell ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Okay, who had 31st May?

Swear it gets earlier every year.

I'm placing my bet next year on while our season is still going.

Looking forward to the day people starting demanding summer signings on February 1st.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still rather early but Norwich usually sell more, thinking of it from an FFP angle- they didn't clear a huge amount of amortisation from departures either, the books to okay next season but this.

Upper Loss Limit to this season was £72m, to 2023-24 it'll be £61m and Year 2 of Parachute Payments is £5-10m lower than Year 1. That is a negative swing of £16-21m in headroom. They even posted a loss in the PL which is very unlike them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blimey, the transfer market isn't run like a DFS sale. Get in early and make the most savings. 

Teams are still playing football who we are reportedly buying from. I think we have deals already sewn up and due to respect for their current clubs we haven't announced them to fans. Other deals are probably ongoing with clubs and others further in discussion with players/agents returning from holidays and evaluating their options.

I'm actually really looking forward to our business as I think we've done the hard bit and released/sold big earners and now have a clean slate to make solid additions within our new wage structure.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

We've known for some time Bryan and McCrorie are very likely signings so the surprise now would be if they don't sign.

Tinman said we'd be looking to sign experienced but still young lower league players, and interestingly these 2 and O'Brien don't fit the bill so presumably we're aiming to sign several lower league improvers as well.

 

Who says they’re likely signings? Some bloke on Twitter? We hear it every year, xyz is signing, how often are they right? When I hear it from Pearson, Tinnion, Lansdown or the player themselves, I might start believing.

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that we were going to make early signings presumably because we knew who we were after ? The club cannot do anything they promise it seems we will be left clutching at the dross that teams DONT WANT 

I think you've misunderstood. 

I have set my alarm for 1am every day during the transfer window.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Blimey, the transfer market isn't run like a DFS sale. Get in early and make the most savings. 

Teams are still playing football who we are reportedly buying from. I think we have deals already sewn up and due to respect for their current clubs we haven't announced them to fans. Other deals are probably ongoing with clubs and others further in discussion with players/agents returning from holidays and evaluating their options.

I'm actually really looking forward to our business as I think we've done the hard bit and released/sold big earners and now have a clean slate to make solid additions within our new wage structure.

In fairness the DFS sale is ongoing…have you ever know the DFS Sale Window slam shut? ???

Anyone remember Cordells in town (opposite Lewis’s).  They always had a sale on!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

I think you've misunderstood. 

I have set my alarm for 1am every day during the transfer window.

With so little sleep, you're going to be a really grumpy poster through the summer! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In fairness the DFS sale is ongoing…have you ever know the DFS Sale Window slam shut? ???

Anyone remember Cordells in town (opposite Lewis’s).  They always had a sale on!

Definition of bad luck.

Paying full price at DFS.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

Who says they’re likely signings? Some bloke on Twitter? We hear it every year, xyz is signing, how often are they right? When I hear it from Pearson, Tinnion, Lansdown or the player themselves, I might start believing.

 

There have been a lot more reports than just some bloke on twitter, more than enough imo to say it'll be a surprise if they don't sign.

  • Like 4
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that we were going to make early signings presumably because we knew who we were after ? The club cannot do anything they promise it seems we will be left clutching at the dross that teams DONT WANT 

We finished our season less than a month ago, Premier League finished theirs last weekend. Absolutely ridiculous to moan at this point, Pearson has already said he wants new players in before pre season aswell

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...