IGNORED

New signings ?

Topper 123

41 minutes ago, chinapig said:

To win the transfer window panic trophy you have to say:

1. You want 'marquee' signings and

2. Everybody else has signed loads of players (while ignoring the kind of factual stuff @Davefevshas posted of course).

C- must try harder.?

Got a problem with 3 ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that we were going to make early signings presumably because we knew who we were after ? The club cannot do anything they promise it seems we will be left clutching at the dross that teams DONT WANT 

Absolutely. Our signings should be so early that they're still foetuses.

And surely, the very definition of a signing is a player that another team don't want? Because, you know, think about it...

Edited by SecretSam

27 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

There have been a lot more reports than just some bloke on twitter, more than enough imo to say it'll be a surprise if they don't sign.

These reports might well be right, but we hear enough rumours every year, that turn out to be bollocks! In the case of Bryan, I would suggest he falls into the unlikely category, just on wages alone. I hope not, as he would be a quality signing.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

These reports might well be right, but we hear enough rumours every year, that turn out to be bollocks! In the case of Bryan, I would suggest he falls into the unlikely category, just on wages alone. I hope not, as he would be a quality signing.

Study the evidence…in order:

1. Nige hasn’t shut down any mention of Bryan in interviews - normal stance would be “I won’t talk about players at other clubs”, or “we aren’t interested”, in Joe’s case he’s freely talked about him.
  2. Bristol Post continuation of the story that it’s virtually done / is done - and they don’t source their stories from OTIB no matter what some think.
  3. Some posters on here are actually ITK and are saying it’s done.

We actually hear very few rumours from the right places.

If people want to believe a 13 year old’s twitter account with 20 followers or a WUM with the twitter handle of “<insert name>ex-scout” then they’ll get a very lopsided view of what is a likely and what isn’t.  See point 2. above re those crap rumours that are quickly shutdown by James Piercy…because he’ll seek out any truth before getting behind it.

Finally, transfer deals do fall through, or take a late twist (failed medical, Joe himself hot-footing it to Fulham from Villa), but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t true.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Thats a great signing... I'm surprised he has dropped out of the Prem, obviously hasn't played as much as I might have thought

He only made 9 PL starts in 2022/23 it seems and 25 in their promotion season. Though he may have had injuries, I don't know.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Now we can panic…Norwich have made another signing!

Great signing that is to be fair, suitable Aarons replacement.

2 hours ago, Magger1 said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that we were going to make early signings presumably because we knew who we were after ? The club cannot do anything they promise it seems we will be left clutching at the dross that teams DONT WANT 

Don't panic yet mate, we've got a couple in hand waiting to be announced by the sounds.

I'd be a bit worried if there weren't any strong rumours, but sounds like we're just waiting for their club seasons to finish before the news is delivered to the fans.

Keep the faith. :) 

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

There have been a lot more reports than just some bloke on twitter, more than enough imo to say it'll be a surprise if they don't sign.

“There haven’t been any reliable sources NTB. I’ll believe they’ve signed up only when it’s on the OS. That’s the only source that’s reliable for club news”

Etc

Etc

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Transfer window isn’t even open yet ! Bloody hell ?

People are still on holiday, and the season isn't over until Saturday after the cup final,

I mean it's a disgrace city haven't signed 50 players already, as signing loads early worked wonders when ashton and Johnson were here

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

In fairness the DFS sale is ongoing…have you ever know the DFS Sale Window slam shut? ???

Anyone remember Cordells in town (opposite Lewis’s).  They always had a sale on!

How about Shoezone, it's seemingly been 'closing down' for about 10 years.

This panic reminds me of some crappy little club getting knocked out of the league cup before it actually started, can't think who it was tho. ?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, chinapig said:

To win the transfer window panic trophy you have to say:

1. You want 'marquee' signings and

2. Everybody else has signed loads of players (while ignoring the kind of factual stuff @Davefevshas posted of course).

C- must try harder.?

Are you my old teacher?

11 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

City fans I take it back as I was just coming out of coffee shop in city ground and I seen Jamie vardy walking across car park with some guy 

A bit early for bonfire night surely?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

By the way ,we are very close to hitting the 14k season ticket mark so come on all the ones considering a ticket ? hands in pockets and push the club forward COYR 

They are waiting (disappointedly) for the club to make early signings! :whistle2::)

• Like 1