IGNORED

Partick Thistle v Ross County

E.G.Red

Really odd that Ross County, one of the most Northern clubs in Scotland have 4 players from the West Country in their squad, not only Owura, but Andy Tillson’s son Jordan, Josh Sims from Yeovil & Ben Purrington who is from Exeter.

They are certainly a long way from home.

12 hours ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Decent pub quiz question would be: name the grounds with a capacity bigger than the population of where they’re located? Ross County can accommodate all of Dingwall. No idea if there are others. 

The only one I can think of is Bristol Rovers, who have a larger away following than the city in which they’re located.

I’ve been to Ross County a couple of times (as you do) and there’s something quite magical about what seems like the whole town walking up to the match

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Great to watch, gut wrenching for the Partick Thistle fans, I think there was a guy on OTIB who used to follow them, I cant remember the name, but we had a few spats over my support for Celtic.

I love Scottish football, lots condemn it as 'pub league' stuff, but ffs, a good game is a good game and over the years I have often enjoyed games more in a local park than I have at Wembley.

I have been to a fair few Scottish grounds and managed to tick off Ross and ICT a few years back while holidaying on the Black Isle.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Great to watch, gut wrenching for the Partick Thistle fans, I think there was a guy on OTIB who used to follow them, I cant remember the name, but we had a few spats over my support for Celtic.

I love Scottish football, lots condemn it as 'pub league' stuff, but ffs, a good game is a good game and over the years I have often enjoyed games more in a local park than I have at Wembley.

I have been to a fair few Scottish grounds and managed to tick off Ross and ICT a few years back while holidaying on the Black Isle.

@BS4 on Tour..., he’s not been around for a while.  I still see him post stuff on FB, so he’s alive!!!

10 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Yep, it is me - I followed The Jags all over in the 80s and 90s - including a memorable (???) 0-0 at Parkhead when the crowd was a paltry 26k - your club hasn’t always been ‘big’ ? - I still get up to Firhill when I can, The Jackie Husband Stand still makes an impressive racket - I was gutted for the lads in the play off defeat - that was Thistle’s 6th game in the play offs - they’d already thrashed Queen’s Park and Ayr Utd (both over two legs) and then they just came up short vs Ross County - I felt so sorry for the chap who missed the decisive pen for The Jags - he’s been with the club for 13 years and is Thistle to the core - heartbreaking for him ... ?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, it is me - I followed The Jags all over in the 80s and 90s - including a memorable (???) 0-0 at Parkhead when the crowd was a paltry 26k - your club hasn’t always been ‘big’ ? - I still get up to Firhill when I can, The Jackie Husband Stand still makes an impressive racket - I was gutted for the lads in the play off defeat - that was Thistle’s 6th game in the play offs - they’d already thrashed Queen’s Park and Ayr Utd (both over two legs) and then they just came up short vs Ross County - I felt so sorry for the chap who missed the decisive pen for The Jags - he’s been with the club for 13 years and is Thistle to the core - heartbreaking for him ... ?

I did get to Firhill a few years back, slightly odd ground with the 'missing end' but I enjoyed it all the same. One of my old bosses was a fan, he used to remind me of the 1971 League Cup Final on a regular basis! I was convinced they would do for Ross and it was a heartbreaking end to the season for them. Lets hope they do it next time.

• Like 1

Only weeks after the Sheff W / P'boro' game, the commentator was sayign this was "an unbelieveable turn round".

Dunno if true, but I read that Ross pay 150% higher wage than equivalent clubs simply to tempt layers that far North.