IGNORED

Spurs doing a Spurs

The Coach

5 minutes ago, The Coach said:

And under more of the spotlight. Not that he wasn’t under Celtic but this is a different level. Interesting times ahead. Could prove to be an utter genius move or another embarrassing fault from Levy.

He'll need time to implement his style and will need to shift many players off Spurs' books to start with. I just have a good feeling he'll do quite well

He’s a phenomenal manager with success every step of the way. Very clear in what he wants and very decisive in getting rid of those who aren’t pulling in that direction. Celtic’s football has been beautiful to watch the past couple of years. My prediction is he’ll lose the first handful of games as he beds in his style, then deliver great results.

23 hours ago, Ron W said:

It's near enough a fact that he worked - look at where the club was before and where it's gone since compared to what he achieved consistently. The rebuild he had pleaded for included Davinson Sanchez, Giovani Lo Celso and Tanguy Ndombele... Two of them have left, the other one is so bad he got substituted on and off within 23 minutes in the same game last season. You won't find many reasonable Spurs fans who think he didn't work, they know whose fault it was that things fell apart.

I think Spurs may have ended up with a better manager than they would've gone for otherwise because their hands have been forced by the state they're in. Postecoglou was a laughing stock when he was appointed Celtic manager... Look what their fans are saying now. Yes, there's recency bias involved but he's thought of higher than Brendan Rodgers who led them to an unbeaten domestic season. He's been dealt a tough hand working with that mess but he's got the ability to succeed.

Fair points, but Ndombele hasn’t left has he? I thought he was just out on loan? 

• Like 1

It's easy to say 'but it's impossible to fail at Celtic', which even if that were true, completely ignores the guy's career before.

You look at his CV, and although not at the highest level, he's been successful pretty much everywhere he's been. League titles at a couple of Australian clubs, Asian Cup with the national team, league titles in Japan and now Scotland. Again, lower level, but not many managers at any level have that many different teams without a miss.

Celtic have been delightful to watch under Ange, on the front foot for the entire game and normally come out with the win. He has implemented this style wherever he has managed and has always had success.  Gutted to see him go. 

Will he be given the time at Spurs to implement his style and whether it would work in England are both valid points though. I was at the Real Madrid game earlier in the season. Celtic took  the game to them, missed several chances, it looked like men against boys for 60 minutes. Then Real scored 3 in 15 minutes .

An interesting appointment, having been rejected by almost everyone out there (Cotts was still in a job at the time), it may be that Spurs have found their man. All this bo11ocks about a 'big name manager' for a 'big club' ignores the fact that Conte and Mourinho both failed, and Spurs have won nothing for over a decade.

From what I can see, the top 5 problems at Spurs are:

1. Levy
  2. Over-reliance on Kane's goals
  3. Levy
  4. Poor, demotivated squad
  5. Levy