IGNORED

City in Europe

Topper 123

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Can recall seeing a massive Bristol city flag at le tournoi, I think that had the fellowship on, I could be mistaken, but they deffo came from filton one was a sound kid called Andy who got banned for the pitch invasion against rover's in the 90s

Aaahhh Le Tournoi. 1997, year before France '98 IIRC. Was at the Parc des Princes for England v Brazil, and remember plenty of City there. 

The game was tedious, but the rest of the night in Paris was quite possibly the best and funniest night of my life...?

Edited by BS3City
Additional content. ?
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, RedRock said:

I think ‘The Fellowship’ was frequented by several City ‘fans’ back in the day.

None to distant Southmead certainly had more than a red tinge in the 70’s. Infact, can remember, occasionally, on the old East End the chants of Southmead/Knowle West usually followed by Rangers/Celtic. Southmead weren’t outnumbered either. Horfield was pretty mixed too, with lots of City graffiti.  

It was pretty interesting living in ‘border country’ in those days with some quite surprising (to me at least) neighbourhood allegiances to red/blue. Can remember, to my cost, going into Redland which I assumed was solid City, but turned out as home ground to a bunch of Sags. Tended to tread carefully outside my patch after that somewhat uncomfortable experience! That said, knew some of the their ‘legends’ who resided in my neighbourhood, and was good friends with one of them and had more blue friends than red and still do, including best man and each others weddings.

Had a few gas Redland mates back in day dapper Davis , Gary mallet to name a few good lads 

22 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I wonder why there isn’t a European competition for 2nd tier teams.  Perhaps it’s considered not enough of a money maker although there’s loads of decent sized clubs at our level here and in Europe so I think it would be popular with fans.  

We came close, but not exactly what you mean in 1992. Steve Bull of Wolves had partnered City's Dziekanowski in attack for a second division select team against their Italian counterparts. There's some decent sides in Bundesliga 2 next season.

With no Papa John or Champs League games to play, we could have dates available if the interest is there.

Edited by 22A

37 minutes ago, 22A said:

We came close, but not exactly what you mean in 1992. Steve Bull of Wolves had partnered City's Dziekanowski in attack for a second division select team against their Italian counterparts. There's some decent sides in Bundesliga 2 next season.

With no Papa John or Champs League games to play, we could have dates available if the interest is there.

Sadly it's not available dates, or even interest of Clubs. Without large wodges of cash nothing gets done. 
Unless TV and advertising see a profit, it wont happen.

On 09/06/2023 at 23:31, pongo88 said:

Yes I was and I had a good day out for less than a shilling 

That would probably be the lovely time you had the day you went to Bangor and opened a bottle of cider.

But don’t worry, I won’t tell about your escapade with Jack on the way back.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Haha 3