IGNORED

Living next to Ashton Gate

Jerseybean

I can't lie, this Emma character sounds like a massive busybody to me, she could check easy if there's a game on, before she goes shopping on Sunday lunchtime, you would think she may have noticed the amount of people and traffic in bemmy, its pretty hard to miss, she would notice that by the end of her street, most would turn around, then gossiping with a stranger about a neighbour earning a tenner for parking, I hope this blokes not building a extension, Jesus she would have a Field day

31 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I can't lie, this Emma character sounds like a massive busybody to me, she could check easy if there's a game on, before she goes shopping on Sunday lunchtime, you would think she may have noticed the amount of people and traffic in bemmy, its pretty hard to miss, she would notice that by the end of her street, most would turn around, then gossiping with a stranger about a neighbour earning a tenner for parking, I hope this blokes not building a extension, Jesus she would have a Field day

What, the Emma who said you just have to be aware of when a games on, in case you get caught out? The one who fully accepts the position? Wow.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Decent article , although I don’t see how they moan about parking when it’s parking permits everywhere .

does anyone know when the next phase of building is due to start ? Wikes etc obviously have a lease on those buildings 

Appently clearance work will begin late summer

11 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

If I did live nearby I would have thought a positive would be having a job at the stadium? Has anyone on OTIB ever done that?

My niece works there and TBH the sub-contracting company that employs her are not the best: very demanding and skirting employment law when it comes to breaks etc.

A job's a job, but I don't think it thrills her, as a City fan, to have to deal with some of the unpleasant drunks among our supporters that she has to encounter. 

33 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

My niece works there and TBH the sub-contracting company that employs her are not the best: very demanding and skirting employment law when it comes to breaks etc.

A job's a job, but I don't think it thrills her, as a City fan, to have to deal with some of the unpleasant drunks among our supporters that she has to encounter. 

I was hoping they would offer me £100k pa to walk out at HT and FT to tend the pitch with a fork. Maybe that is unrealistic.

• Haha 2

See if you can beat this for a bad job, my and another bloke in the summer had to go around scraping the chewing gum, off the steps in the stands, and other certain area's for the painters, was every summer for years for uplands construction, the last year we did it I can recall being in the atyeo, working, and Dave partridge was on the pitch, talking to the press

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

See if you can beat this for a bad job, my and another bloke in the summer had to go around scraping the chewing gum, off the steps in the stands, and other certain area's for the painters, was every summer for years for uplands construction, the last year we did it I can recall being in the atyeo, working, and Dave partridge was on the pitch, talking to the press

Suppose you couldn't be too chewsy.

On the positive side, you must have earned a mint.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

It would have been my dream to live near AG as a child, now I am an oldie - not so much!

If I did live nearby I would have thought a positive would be having a job at the stadium? Has anyone on OTIB ever done that?

24 years just waitin' for a chance
To tell her how I feel and maybe get a second glance
Now I gotta get used to not living next door to Ashton Gate. 

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Decent article , although I don’t see how they moan about parking when it’s parking permits everywhere .

does anyone know when the next phase of building is due to start ? Wikes etc obviously have a lease on those buildings 

The roads on the south side of North Street (I.e. nearest Ashton Gate) do not have a residents parking scheme.

1 minute ago, Oh Louie louie said:

What do you guys think about marks story, moved here when the stadium was under construction getting gates of 10000, bit scripted to say the least, and again does he come across as Einstein, fgs can he not interview somebody who comes across as a little bit switched on

should have asked @CyderInACan. He's switched on

• Flames 1

Max, they are insulting our intelligence, and these story's, I'm incomftable when it comes to quotes from faceless people, its that bad I'm thinking about a career in journalism, I mean how hard can it be, faceless people no street names, I could do storys like that, but id probably need to learn how to spell tbh 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Max, they are insulting our intelligence, and these story's, I'm incomftable when it comes to quotes from faceless people, its that bad I'm thinking about a career in journalism, I mean how hard can it be, faceless people no street names, I could do storys like that, but id probably need to learn how to spell tbh 

This seems to be the norm in a lot of cases these days, I don't really care. BBC is full of quotes from Twitter. I don't take any of it seriously anymore.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mjd said:

Sorry I had afew beers but every time I look at the topic all I hear is that song living next-door to Alice hope it doesn't infect anyone else ?

Me too.

But I’m still humming the Balamory song (rather than oasis) for Ross McCrorie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There has been a load of these articles on newsfeeds etc at the moment. In recent days I've had Luton, Wimbledon, QPR and Fulham pop up on mine showing local residents living nearby. Close season for sport jurnos I expect. 

• Like 1